So I'm a little slow, I'm sure I'm not the only one (xp revamp related)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ripshaft, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Ripshaft

Like many of you I eagerly awaited higby's post on the night it came out, read it shortly after it's release, and saw saw the bit:

And I'm sure I'm not the only person who interpreted this as "You'll be worth less xp until you start getting kills/xp"...

but here's the thing, it doesn't say that.

What it says is freshly spawned players will be worth a fraction of the current kill reward... this could very well mean that you're worth a small fraction of your xp after spawning briefly, long enough to make sure that spawn camping is not profitable, but once you've been alive a bit (are no longer "fresh"), regardless of if you get any xp or not, you're worth normal xp again.

Now it doesn't specifically state that, but just think about what makes more sense. If people were worth less until the point they x amount of xp, then we'd see a tactic of suicide rushing almost immediately, and an overall reduced xp rate, pissing off alot of people, and necessitating a cert cost revamp... however under the interpretation above, this actually sounds like a really, really, really good system

It makes spawn camping highly unprofitable, and doesnt affect normal xp, but instead gives bonus xp to people who focus on priority targets... making it an overwhelmingly positive change all round.
    Though yeah, figured I'd share that.
  2. AntiDemocide

thanks a lot. Also, I wanted to mention that XP from support has been increased (ie turrets repairs and revives)