So if the Vulcan was OP whats the Aphelion??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Villanuk, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Flag

http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/G30_Vulcan
    http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Aphelion_VEX-4

Vulcan has -twice- the Rof (they're both spin-up guns), and does around 83% (not 50%) of the damage per shot of the Aphelion, which results in a very notable higher DPS. I'm not sure about the damage resistance type for the Aphelion but I'd imagine it's close to the same as the Vulcan.
    To make up for this disparity the Aphelion has less damage drop-off over range, and the discharge shot. Vulcan also has close to twice the mag size, in case you were wondering.

So to again give you the summary which seems to elude you so:
    • Vulcan takes close to no skill to use well - there's nothing on the gun that really benefits from it as far as mechanics are concerned.
    • Vulcan still does the most DPS.
    • Aphelion in full auto does less DPS, but can be to some extent (not enough to beat the Vulcan) do high CQC damage.
    • Aphelion has a bit more range thanks to the discharge shot and the no-drop nature of the gun (woo for once that makes a notable difference).
    • Making correct use of the Discharge is what takes skill.
    I could go on, but I'm hungry. Time to make dinner instead.
  2. Villanuk

Thats not what you stated, we all know that.
  3. Flag

Feel free to quote my "statement".
  4. Villanuk

""I think if you just keep firing the the aphelion vulcan-style you would deal slightly less dps than a vulcan, dunno who tested this and if he was correct, especially dunno if such test kept in account the burst fire at the end which is obviously the way to go.""

Your evidence on that statement you made.
  5. Moridin6

in VR, holding down the button and youl have to reload to pop a sundy from the rear, do the wave and youll pop it in one mag, but barely
  6. Flag

How does that contradict what I've said since?
    • Up x 1
  7. Villanuk

If you need to even ask that after what you said, then we shall leave it there, you cant back up your statement end of story.
  8. Moridin6

*hold down button * shot shot shotshotshot shot *let go for split second and "wave" shotts that does more damage incresing ttk, get back on button, repeat*
    if you do that its closer to the vulcan, Maybe better at distance, but if you hold it down vulcan wins hands down
  9. Villanuk

We are not talking about the Orion now buds ;)
  10. Moridin6

*gags a little*
    come on now, im trying to clue you in on its very real mechanics, and youre gonna toss that orion nonsense at me?
  11. Flag

Just get out of this forum.
  12. PostalDude

Sssssh, pointing out Vanu hypocrisy will bring the collective fury of their perpetually buttblasted hivemind down upon you.
    • Up x 2
  13. Villanuk

You cant, and you no you cant and that was the basis of your argument like other VS who have tried, you failed because you have no factual basis and have never used the GK. Most people in the forum want a balanced game, they see the need for it, some just join a nerf bandwagon.
  14. Villanuk

Oh its been interesting, comical, bizarre.
  15. Villanuk

Sorry mate but i just need some humor on this thread. I think a deep breath of reality is needed for some, present company excluded.
  16. Chal

I'm guessing Flag was referring to this video of the TTK of the Aphelion in different firing styles

And for a comparison of the vulcan and saron TTK (they are identical to save you having to watch it)

So the Aphelion held down has a ttk of 13.22sec with use of the burst it's 11.03sec and the Saron and vulcan share a TTK of 12.26

Not just a vanu myth afterall.

Happy?
    • Up x 1
  17. Villanuk

Its certainly interesting indeed. Is that the same in live?

Because the last to blow ( trigger down ) actually was the first to catch fire so it would make little logic that it would then be the last to blow? The 2 shot start was the last to catch fire but first to blow but if by that time the ROF would be the same ( just guessing on this ) then that should not happen?

Have you tested this yourself, i will later today for sure?
  18. Chal

It's the reload that slows it down at the end around 9sec
  19. Villanuk

Ok, will test later today, i found a bug yesterday and want to see if i can still do it today on something else.

In a battle i would still go for the first option as your main gunner would be attacking him as well, so combined arms it would still be beneficial to point and press.
  20. Flag

Or I assumed you had paid attention to the various things posted given how strongly you held to your idea. Or that you'd at least look at the weapon numbers. But no, you seemed to have done no such thing. Or even done any testing yourself.

Here's the thing, the discharge shot does not consume ammo. Which gives the user more damage available before the reload.

This shouldn't have been such a massive surprise if you were more well versed in the workings of the different vehicle guns.