So I tried the Vanu...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by mr.hanky, May 14, 2013.

1. Oreo202

You don't know many of the stats in this game, do you? The majority of NC weapons that fire 167 damage rounds have a significant RoF decrease. The NC has the same population as everyone else except in extreme cases. And guess what, the only thing in this game that makes major populations move is the warpgate rotations.
  2. Purg

Meh, you're playing 1/3rd of the game. I have an NC that's BR60 something main in which I play with guys I've been playing with for years but off prime time for Australia, I have 5 others - 2 being TR and 2 being VS (and another NC that I created on release) where their pops were the lowest on the server when I created them.

They feel different and they play different and they help keep the game fresh and interesting to me (even if they cost you more..).

This is a game, faction loyalty is nonsense (though I don't support creating multiple characters of different factions on the same server).
  3. brokennachtmahr

This is what happens when they let an entire faction in the dirt for so long. Shocker, people stop playing them. It was bad on my last server and its even worse after the merger.
  4. xen3000

This has been suggested multiple times and would solve a majority of the complaints about the Magrider.

_Turreted Magrider_

[IMG]
    • Up x 6
  5. LibertyRevolution

I play all 3 factions on waterson, VS is by far the most fun to play. I like being the underdog...

Magrider tips...
    #1, it is not a vanguard, you can't play it as if it was.
    #2, Saron does more damage than your main, don't leave without a gunner.
    #3, always focus fire with your gunner.
    #4, you are a sniper tank, hang back.
    #5, strafe, shoot, then straffe, then shoot, then straffe, keep moving.
    #6, never let the enemy get behind you, you cant see or shoot them.
    • Up x 1
  6. Kireles

Hmm, if you take off the Saron, and the side panels, can you imagine the remaining image yelling the word "EXTERMINATE!!!!!"?
  7. xen3000

ROFL! I would not mind that being a special horn for the Magrider. :D
  8. mr.hanky

If you believe that NC weapons are OP then play NC. I have tried all 3 factions, and I do not believe that any faction is really OP. Personally the Vanu infantry weapons match my play-style, and I find them awesome.

However there are a few things Sony could work on.
    1. NC ESF is a little underpowered compared to the other ESFs
    2. The magrider needs to be brought inline with the other tanks. As it stands right now it is really difficult to use.
    3. Make switching factions easier and less punishing. I spent 70+ hrs on my NC character (BR 31) and now I have to start all over again. It sucks, but thank god I did not spend any money!
  9. mr.hanky

Does anyone really know why the Vanu Magrider was designed to look so damn ugly? Was it like that in the original Planetside?
  10. iller

Anyone who claims Vanu Weapons are only for Beginners, has obviously never faced Future Crew: [FCRW]
    • Up x 1
  11. 660/12

Firstly,

[creepy vanu voice] VANU IS PLEASED WITH YOUR DECISION[/voice]

Secondly, magriders ROCK! Conceptually anyway. I used to roll magriders all the time in beta and before the new year. They look MUCH better in appropriate camo and in formation. Stock, they look like mechanical turtles. SOE should probably de-nerf the Saron, but it's a minor complaint.
  12. YoXn

because you probably did it with the flinch change bro.
  13. IamDH

I'm pretty shocked i expected this would be a thread about how bad the vanu is
    I won't lie...sometimes i like to play vanu 2
  14. 660/12

Speaking only about aesthetics, I think Maggies are actually the best. They are unique and interesting. They actually do capture a futuristic feel quite well.

The Vanguard looks like a smurfy Abrams MBT. Very straightforward.

The Prowler. . . meh. Looks like a big mac container on treads. It's very squat and complete unappealing. IMO, anyway.

The coolest vehicle in the game (by looks) is clearly the Mossie.
  15. SiosDashcR

It wasn't with the flinch that bothered me (I hardly ever ADS anyways).

It was just the feel of the gun, it tends to get bland the more you play something for a long time. It's nothing different or exciting.
  16. YoXn

Oh, derp, you're and engineer player.
  17. Captain Kid

I never pull a magrider, the controls are terrible. stupid hovercraft.
  18. LowTechKiller

I'll preface this by saying I belong to no outfit, but play well with most.

I started with VS and have played that character into the 30's.
    Then switched to NC at the request of my playing partner, and that character is now in its 50's.
    To try and mitigate SOE's nerf roulette, I also rolled a TR soldier. To my surprise, I've really enjoyed playing it as well. In fact, I actually prefer the TR's music and the faction's play strategies over that of the NC.

Each faction has it's good and bad points, and with the nerf hammer showing no favorites, those points change.
    So I agree with the OP...spread your wings and fly.
  19. Strottinglemon

[IMG]
    As a PS1 Vanu player, yeah, the new Magrider is a huge step up. It's unique among the other two MBT's that look like they were pulled straight outta COD. I would definitely like to see that turreted Magrider that one guy posted, though, as long as they get the controls right.
  20. Tar

how would you turn and strafe wgile also aiming the gun?
    leave the mag alone, it'a nearly perfect as is.
    in ps1 it looked similar, only it was slimmer and longer, and the pilot's gun was designed for tickling only, was basically useless. Most other vehicles had dedicated drivers with no gun (see harraser in ps2)