So I Thought Claymores Were Fine And Good Until...

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by NoctD, Apr 13, 2013.

1. SpaceKing

then why do the green lasers vanish for claymores I place on low graphics
  2. Nogrim313

some common pool stuff like EMP mines or flash bang mines would be pretty awesome

and if they can get the flame throwers mechanics right i would love to see incendiary mines
  3. Ronin Oni

My bad.... never played on low....

seriously though, upgrade your gfx card. I'm running on i3 so most of my cpu bound are set to low, but I can see lights and lazers and even have character and terrain quality on high. My gfx card is only mid grade current gen (HD6850)

I just cant feel bad for people playing on low rated or outdated systems..... you can't expect to play at the same quality.

I should know, I used to play on an under min spec rig Mech Warrior 4 back in the day, and I worked around my limitations.
  4. Frosty The Pyro

As a note, my nano 2 dudes frequently survive bettys/prox, but not claymores. Weather this is a function of claymores doing more damage, or having a larger inner radius, or just realy random happenstance i do not know.
  5. KnightCole

So is there no limit to how many mines can be placed at any one time? Do they poof when the user dies? I know I have fun dying to these things. Despite them being so big, I get waxed quite alot by them.
  6. Nogrim313

max that you can carry is max that you can have deployed, they stay until destroyed or you hit the cap again and then the first one down just vanishes

the problem is you have no way of knowing if a mine has been destroyed or is still active as there is no notification when some one blows one up and no way of knowing how many are still active

very little thought was put in to deployables in general it seems like they got thrown in half finished
  7. y3ivan

I have no idea why people still spreading the wrong info. Since GU3, claymore has been "standardized" and fixed.

lasers will NOT appear in the enemies view (standardized amongst all graphic settings). Only friendlies will able to see them but within 30m or so
  8. Darlith

I will start this off by stating I totally understand where the TR are coming from. That being said it's sort of funny seeing so many TR complain that their RLs and Max AV are boring and they'd like a different mechanic. Then they want their AP mine to be exactly the same as the others.

I too would be curious to see how much of the score/kill disparity is people not using mines well. I have seen a ton of Claymores set in doorways (like dead center and facing the wrong way too), at the top of stairs, midway down stairs, at the bottom of stairs, the middle of rooms and other obviously visible places.

I have to agree with an earlier poster though, what I'd like to see is TR be given an AP mine that works like the VS/NC ones and the Claymore made into a common pool mine of we can all choose between a 2m circle mine or a 4m directional mine (or both).
    • Up x 1
  9. Sifer2

A lot of people throw them in obvious places like in the middle of the stairs cause they are banking on the person just running into them in a hurry. It is very difficult to actually hide the claymores as they stick out like a sore thumb. And you have to be more specific about how you place them so that the person actually moves through the frontal blast cone. And you can't finely place them in corners cause you can't rotate them. They are the worst mine is all there is to it really. Though at least it seems they wont be getting flashing lights on them like the others in the next update.
  10. Danath

Is not like the lights make them noticeable with daylight. And you still have to look down
    • Up x 1
  11. Ghost_Leader

Another thing that I noticed.I was browsing the forum and found this video:

At 1:20 onwards the guy throws 2 proxies and he throws them a few meters ahead and gets a few kills.Not sure if you can do the same with BBs,but I'm pretty sure you can't do that with the Claymore.Yet another advantage for the other factions' AI mines.
  12. Hoki

Yes and they are excellent for standing off an opponent at a doorway. Drop one at a door and dance around the corner and pepper with SMG. If they try to shoot the mine they're dead, if they chase you through the door their dead.

I honestly am happy with claymores. Less collateral damage, more surgical precision. They're also excellent at remote C4 detonation.
    Laying one near the back between the stairs in a biolab spawn room can reach out and set off an array of explosives at the front entrances.
    The delayed remove crucifix of death.