So I met this guy..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Codex561, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Codex561

http://i.imgur.com/D128cBG.jpg

I flanked this guy, put a few rounds in him expecting him to die but he went on. So I rushed him and stabbed and he still didn't die... it seems he had the health of a max..
  2. TheFlamingLemon

It's a bug, I'm sure. It's still not allowed to abuse bugs, though, and he should have respawned or even relogged if necessary. So this guy can still be banned, likely for a week or so.
  3. Codex561

I didn't report him. Can't do that without seeing him like that at least twice.

Though would be curious to see how he would be healed, repair or heal gun..
  4. Diggsano

Maybe he had the Medi-Kits?
  5. TheFlamingLemon

Repair, I bet
  6. ZDarkShadowsZ

There's nothing stranger than killing a MAX with an SMG.

[IMG]
  7. Stigma

There is a known bug that still happens (infrequently, and as far not easily reproducible) where people can appear as LAs and with LA abilities, but be stuck with the health of a MAX.

Most likely this is the culprit, and this is unlikely to be willful exploitation.

Of course, if it happens to you and you become aware of it, and you choose to exploit your newfound powers of flying MAX-assault that's borderline cheating but ... it should happen so rarely that it's hard to fault anyone too much for playing around a bit with the weirdness (and it should reset next respawn anyway).

Never had it happen to be (and I've played thousands of hours, alebit not much MAX which seems to be a precondition for the bug). I've seen it happen to others a handful of times though.

-Stigma
  8. Ryme Intrinseca

I've been cloaked while i'm jumpjetting. It only lasted a few seconds (didn't get further than the spawn room) just after I switched between the classes. As you default to LA when you die/redeploy as max this could be a similar class switching issue with the game giving you characteristics of both classes.