And it was terrible. Seriously. The idea of being more MMO-like was cool, but the implementation was just... well, it was not fun at all. I spent 98% of the time walking, and the other 2% of the time struggling with the controls and interface before dying and having to wait 60 seconds for the privilege of going on a super long walk again. The shooting felt like firing a BB gun, and the hit feedback was nonexistent. I get that it's an old game. But even today you get some people saying that Planetside 1 is still so much better than Planetside 2. Well, I'm afraid these folks have some serious rose-colored glasses on. Planetside 2 isn't so bad. It might not be as ambitious as its predecessor, but it's so much more fun to play in the moment, which is what counts.