So how do the Prowlers perform now?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pemtaphalon, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Pemtaphalon

Mot too long ago I posted a thread suggesting a physics change to the Magriders, during the interesting discussion I learned that people weren't happy with the Prowler and thinking back as a Vanguard driver I can't remember having many fights with eth Prowler.

So I was wondering, what are people thoughts on the Prowler now, to the TR who drive them, do they perform better,and do you think they need more buffs or maybe you think they went too far

To NC/VS how are you feeling about the Prowler, are there more of them rolling around? and are you avoiding them more or do they now make a fun opponent.
  2. Undeadfred

20% better

In all seriousness the extra damage was welcomed. Having to land 2 shots to stay on pace with the vanguard was annoying, at least now I feel rewarded for it.

What I really wanted was a top speed increase though. Being marginally faster then a magrider is not much of a faction specific perk.
  3. Ranik

Better overall.

Heat / AP damage buff puts us well into better DPS range which helps counter the inherent difficulty of landing both shots at anything other than 50m.

Vulcan became a good bit more useful at range at a small cost to point blank damage.

Lockdown is currently bugged and doubling velocity. it's supposed to be 20% not 200%

However i agree with some posters that 20% is too low while 200% is far too high. Something in the 50-80% range would be ideal.
  4. FyerFyterMC

With the anchored mode as it stands, bugged or not, is really good for bombardments and if you're good enough, shooting at aircraft since the velocity has been increased. It's almost like a sniper tank now when it's anchored. And fighting against other tanks, definitely better than it has been before; I don't get wtfpwn'd like I used to 1v1
  5. Zapon

As VS w can't give a good opinion because Magriders were heavily nerfed- reduced strafing, sharp speed decrease when strafing on a hill
    magburner doesnt work on hills now

Anyway, i've fought maybe one prowler since they became railgun tanks- HE ran away pretty much, and that was all there was

I HAVE been taking losses to vanguards as i was before- a lot- but now, i'm losing harder

Anyway- I think the prowler- from my point of view- is okay- and needs some stabilization and some suspension buffs. serious ones.

Also wouldn't mind bring it's other ammo close to 600 m/s like it's AP rounds are(or 750 in anchor mode)

...but i also think all tanks should have ammo that's up there in velocity

And you know what TR, i'll even throw in one more thing because ....well, SCIENCE

Buff the vulcan slightly at range- and in close combat. I wouldnt have a problem wit hit if they slightly buff the enforcer and saron HRB( but the caveat is i also want tanks to all get maybe a 1 or two hit buff in armorr)

...My complaints are the magrider needs to not only be fixed hard, but then buffed. Even on strafing acceleration(which it'll need with 600 m/s rounds flying)

But the devs said they're about to reduce it's front armor defense even more, so ...

:[

As for the NC ...if they aren't winning all their tank battles now- i dont know how they arent
  6. Xine2k

Prowler is insane against infantry now but still terrible against other tanks. I do what I have always done and that is search for infantry farm and just run from other tanks as soon as I see them...works very well.
  7. PaladinZERO

Nothing changed with infantry killing performance. The Prowler was always the king when infantry farming.
  8. MarioO

Are you sure the velocity bonus is bugged? Actually I don't feel like the projectile is much faster... And I think even I could see if it was 200% faster (3 times the speed as normal) when the Prowler is deployed...
    Or does the bug only affect certain levels of the anchored mode?
  9. Corinth

That's going to suck if it goes through. It's already hard enough to use them effectively in the SE canyons on Indar, since after the patch, we seem to get almost warpgated daily.
  10. Compass

Anchor 4 on a Liberator shows a massive railgun effect.

11. EliteEskimo

Well they went to far with the 200% increase in Velocity for Anchor Lockdown, but this was obviously a mistake and will be removed. The 25% damage increase for HEAT shells was nice because I'm tired of seeing HE Prowlers everywhere and then seeing them get obliterated by tanks. Now maybe more pubs will stick with the default HEAT gun. I still think the Prowler needs to be buffed in the following ways, and I'll tell you why

1. The Prowler needs a new special ability- It's meant to be a fast tank, pestering the lines of combat with heavy dual turret fire, and then making quick escapes when out matched. Anchor Mode defeats its intended purpose entirely. Sitting still in a tank is also a big liabilty when you have a big profile and can be lock on rocket spammed. Anchor Mode fits the Vanguard significantly better than it fits the Prowler
    2. The Prowler needs a more explosive resistant hull- to deal with rockets, C4, and mines since it is constantly on enemy lines and has a massive profile. It shouldn't have the Armor of a Vanguard, but it should have more than a Magrider considering it can't avoid damage like a Magrider can but is forced to take more abuse to fulfill its role as a close range brawler tank.
    3. The Prowler needs to have a centered turret- Would result in far less TKs, and my shells would land where the cross hairs say they should. I can adjust for this, but I shouldn't have to. It's a bad tank design.
    4. The Prowler needs turret stability- The Prowler is intended to be constantly moving, however currently trying to fire while on the move is extremely challenging. I want the hull and turret stabilization of an M1A2 Abrams Tank, which isn't much to ask for considering it's the future and there are laser weapons and hover tanks:p
    • Up x 1
  12. Pemtaphalon

Sorry for not quoting anyone, I was away from computer so I missed all the posts but I have read them

I'm glad people are starting to have fun with the Prowlers now, I really want some good tank battles but as people have said most tanks carry HE rounds, which is silly, I carry Heat so I'm an all rounder, I haven't had much time to play around but I can't say my Vanguard has felt too different, though it does seem to get up hills easier which is nice, haven't tried mag yet either, will be interesting to see what they did to it