So GODSAW gets a 64% accuracy boost - just like that?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HerpTheDerp, Mar 4, 2015.

1. HerpTheDerp

[Edit]36%, forum software doesn't allow ediitng of titles

Why not give the regular SAW a 0.4 moving ADS CoF as well then?
    • Up x 1
  2. NinjaTurtle

Because Directive rewards are supposed to feel unique and be a rewarding for long term players.

With your logic why not give the Orion infinite ammo as well?
  3. HerpTheDerp

Infinite ammo is a gimmick that doesn't change the effectiveness of the weapon.

What is unique about .4 moving ADS CoF? 90% of LMGs in the game have .4 moving ADS CoF.
    • Up x 1
  4. Mystogan

I don't see a problem. Most LMGs have .4 so it will be better while moving. It won't make it much more effective. I'd say only less frustrating to use.

What worries me is that they wrote that Eclipse will not longer reload to reset heat (which is ok) but didn't write that it will get its 5 extra rounds like other VS directive weapons got to compensate for that.. Maybe it is just mistake. I hope so.
  5. GhostAvatar

Because it gets the benefit of one extra bullet in the mag -_-
  6. Liberty

That probably has something to do with 90% of the LMG's in the game being 143 damage, just sayin.

The Saw is a terrible starter weapon but a great niche weapon with its current stats, the only thing that really needs changed is to make the Saw-S or GD-22S the starting weapon and allow players to cert into the regular SAW to fill its intended role of either a long range LMG or a huge damage per mag (and thus great sustained fire) LMG used to hold firing lanes while having quick access to full/partial cover.
  7. qquqq

I don't think that infinite ammo is a gimmick, when I run out of ammo and I have to resupply i only have my pistol and am not as concentrated on fighting, I am facing the wrong direction headed for amo, finding a good place to kill and never having to leave it unless you want, is not a gimmick. and what makes the beetleguse strong is not only its unlimited ammo, its that when you burn some one down and are taking searching for or even just aim at the next it is reloading during that time, not leaving you exposed to a reload unless you fire off a whole clip, and also not having to track the number of bullets is one less thing to keep in mind, all you have to do is try to keep the bar low, and even if you over heat it you switch to your secondary and its cooled down when you switch back? i wish my weapons reloaded when they were put away.

There is a reason why an orion with out a grip is the highest performing lmg in the game,
  8. HerpTheDerp

What the hell does bullet damage have to do with cone of fire?
    • Up x 1
  9. Liberty

Probably the same thing bullet damage has to do with bloom per second, recoil per shot, rate of fire, etc.

If I remember right, close range LMG's tend to have 0.35 ADS accuracy, medium - long range 0.4, and the SAW being a special breed of long range has a 0.5. I think the trend continues for AR's where some have 0.25, others have 0.3 and I think the Tross / DMR have 0.32 or 0.35.