[Suggestion] So can these galaxy issues be looked at before the valkyrie comes out?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cswic, Apr 1, 2014.

1. MajiinBuu

Not that anybody cares, but I think 5 tank mines should completely destroy a galaxy.
    • Up x 1
  2. WTSherman

I think nice utilities for the Gal would be droppable ammo/repair stations.

We'd have to code them not to inflict collision damage in order to prevent trolling (though an infantry getting squished by one would be hilarious), but essentially you would press F to drop a small box that repairs or rearms (depending on which one you have equipped) everything in a given radius. Once dropped you can grab new ones at rearming pads. Rearming the boxes should take a while, mostly to create an opportunity for random passengers to hitchhike with you: a Galaxy doing repair/ammo runs is obviously heading towards a fight!

It'd be nice if they were limited based on the quantity of ammo supplied/HP points repaired, but more likely they would expire on a fixed timer. Upgrades could increase the radius, the expiration timer (ie it sticks around longer), the number of boxes you can carry, the number you can drop at once, or the repair rate.

An enemy that actually finds the box should probably be able to destroy it with a rocket launcher or something.

It could be used in many ways similarly to a repair/ammo sundy, though it should probably have a smaller radius since the Galaxy takes less risk (it can drop them and leave) and can drop more than one.

It would also have more creative uses such as supporting groups in hard to reach places, turning a random cliff into a forward arming point for aircraft, or dropping a repair box on air pads so that anyone who grabs ammo there gets free repairs.
  3. MorganM

Ya know I was all prepared for a nother useless thread of whiney rants that didn't matter.... and I was totally wrong. Very valid, simple, no-brainer fixes for galaxies here.
  4. Fangry

Comp armor should have the same defenses, just with different values, across all vehicles
  5. GantryPengy380

I play on Mattherson, and I've seen more Sunderers than Galaxies. So maybe we're just not on at the same times, or in different places when we're both on, but, switching to the topic of this thread, I've seen a couple of NC galaxies within viewing range of Kwahtee Amp one weekend, as well as 3-4 VS gals around Esamir. The only places I've seen TR gals are at the WG, or when I was in my first squad, which was on the same weekend that I saw the NC gals.
  6. GantryPengy380

You must not have seen TR's most elite air outfit, NOTORIOUS (shameless advertisement, check them out if you're in TR on Mattherson, especially a pilot/aspiring pilot:https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...-trs-only-dedicated-air-to-air-outfit.149981/). BTW I haven't seen anyone on Mattherson flying a Lib straight into the ground, though I was able to down an NC Lib on Esamir by hitting it with my rocket launcher, killing all 3 people inside.
  7. Cswic

Lol don't worry I know Mattherson has some great pilots on it. I was merely posting that to joke with the guy who was semi trolling the thread.

Don't take it too seriously please :p
  8. GantryPengy380

LOL, k. But still, I've never seen anyone on Mattherson fly a Lib straight into the ground. And I'm assuming the guy who was "semi trolling the thread" was LibertyRevolution?
  9. NovaAustralis

+1

and, of course, this:

;)
    • Up x 1
  10. Tar

All valid points, the problem is that just like with the Lib, simply implementing them will make the battlegal even more OP than it is already. The devs are unfortunately not able to see the connection between adding features and disrupting balance.
    • Up x 1
  11. Cswic

Could you explain which ones would "make the battlegal even more OP than it is already" aside from possibly #2 and #4 (which wouldn't if they were done right) please? The others were mainly quality of life issues which is why I'm confused.

Or were you more or less saying "well if the devs did try this, they'd find a way to screw it up and unbalance things somehow"?

EDIT: And I see what you did there Nova, I'm just not looking at it -.-
    • Up x 1
  12. Lucidius134

1) Yes, as long as we tie galaxy spawning TO techplants. Make them like MBT's in that you can pull them from amp/biolabs but not if your techplant isn't connected or lost. This doesn't devalue the technplant bonus quiet as much as your suggestion does.
    2) Not going to fix the utility slots until they are buffed/tweaked but something semi-new https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/galaxy-utility-flare-storm.108934/
    3) Yes
    4) Yes
    5) Yes
    6) Yes
    • Up x 1
  13. Cswic

^ I'd thought about the techplant / MBT route too which could work too. It'd only really matter on esamir either way since it is rare nowadays that faction doesn't have a techplant.

One or the other, it doesn't really matter to me long as the end result is that there are more galaxy terminals / places to pull them from.
    • Up x 1
  14. Tar

1, 2, 4, 6 are straight buffs.
    And yes, that's also what I'm saying.
  15. Cswic

• Up x 1
  16. tZonkD

Damn.
    I'm looking forwards to the valkyrie (be it with some anxiety after the harasser debacle) However fixing improving existing vehicles, especially ones so potentially useful as the gal, should be a ongoing and high priority process imo.

The gal's a decently solid, be it under used, vehicle as is. Making a few tweaks to give motive and opportunity to use it more would help diversify gameplay for a relatively (compared to creating a vehicle from scratch) small effort. It would be very interesting to hear a dev's toughs on this, but idk how to grab their attention.

[rant]
    As for the current gal being op.. Really? other i shot down 4 of em over the same AMP with a 2/3 lib...And my gunner was a greenhorn :) Sacking your average galaxy crew with a lib is even easier than it is to murder a lib with a esf as long as you don't go all rambo and play it to the galaxy's advantage. Sure if it has a ace crew and/or lots of support, its hard. wow big surprise, that don't apply to any other situation / vehicle ;)
    [/rant]
  17. Kid Gloves

As much as I share your annoyed cynicism on this, the silver lining here is the Valkyrie also isn't on the roadmap outside of 'Unscheduled'

I'm going to guess that the Valkyrie introduction and the Galaxy update are likely going to happen at the same time. Until we see for certain the Valkyrie update given a date and the Galaxy still unscheduled, I think it's dangerous to jump to other conclusions.

As for Higby's comment about 'Fall' - I'd take that with about as much salt as the 2013 Galaxy Update.
  18. Cswic

Eh I guess. The harasser came out over the summer and they mentioned that they wanted the valkyrie to come out over the summer, which is more than they can say for the galaxy update.

It's just annoying since all the other air has been updated and had their tweaks already meanwhile the galaxy is still the same. Thee aren't any glaring issues, but there weren't any for the lib (except possibly lockon damage) or ESF either and look how that went.
    • Up x 1
  19. Kid Gloves

I agree with Cswic very much on this: the Galaxy has far too few spawn points, which is a big factor in why it sees so little use.

If the Valkyrie is intended to be used as a rapid transport, it'll likely have the same 'free eject' thing the Galaxy does. If they go ahead with the currently bandied-around auto-deploy-into-aircraft thing, it'll mean any outfit that currently uses the Galaxy purely for drops will be switching to the Valkyrie.

The only thing likely to keep the Galaxy alive in light of this would be vehicle-carrying; and if that's something they are fully intending to do then I can understand why the Galaxy would be still unscheduled - that's probably a real can of worms on so many levels.

But yes, at least a snippet of 'we haven't forgotten the Galaxy' would be nice, because she is feeling a little under-appreciated - and since Cswic is most definitely a Galaxy-whisperer, he's picking up on and channelling her feelings.
    ( :D )
    • Up x 1
  20. WTSherman

Well, if the Galaxy could drop ammo/repair crates like has been discussed (including the in the "save the galaxy" thread) I'd probably start flying them just for that and any passengers I pick up along the way would be a bonus.
    • Up x 1