So after crashing 12 times....

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Master, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Master

.....I decided to make a post.

Here are the knowns and hopefully some helpful information for repro...

1. The crashing came after PU2. After PU1 I had no issues and the game was amazing and ran smoothly.

2. Crashing usually happens around the 2 hr mark but it has crashed earlier than that, the record time for crashing was during 10 minutes of play.

3. I have ultra settings on.

4. I play on Mattherson.

5. Not specific to what I'm doing in-game. I've crashed as infantry and while piloting an ESF.

6. I usually stream when I play.

7. Smoothing is ON

Progams that I run along with playing the game:

-TS3
    -OBS Project

My Hardware:

i5 3450 @ 3.1 Ghz 3.6 turbo
    8gb ram
    HDD @ 7200 rpm
    Nvidia GTX 660

Since I stream, I have documented crashes.

This is my lastest example of a crash, just go to the end of the video. A lot of my videos have ended this way, please go to the end of any video to see if it ended with a crash to document and hopefully gather hints for a crash fix.

2. Dankan Gorion

Aos Desenvolvedores ...

Deveriam logo avisar se trabalham ou não , neste fim de ano , na resolução dos CONSTANTES PROBLEMAS ao invés de fazer publicidade e vendas de coisas secundarias . ( Departamentos diferentes , eu sei , mas fazendo parte da mesma equipe certo ? ... pelo menos era oque mostrava os vídeos )

Pois sendo humanos e querendo também se divertir com família e outras coisas ... eu faria o mesmo e não perderia meu tempo com este game , e sim talvez outro .
    • Up x 1
  3. LIKE A BOSS!

I'm getting the EXACT same problems I have done everything. The funny part is that I run TS3 and play on matherson also and have similar specs.
    i7-4770k
    gtx 760
    8GB of ram
  4. Master

Was it fine after PU1?

Do you also stream?

Idk if its a hardware issue or not, I was getting afraid of hardware temps, still have not done a hardware temp check. However, even tho the majority of my crashes are around the 2 hr mark, Ive had some earlier crashes which kind of helped, debunk the hardware temp possibility.
  5. LIKE A BOSS!

I don't stream but I do record with shadowplay. It crashes with it off so I don't think thats the problem. I usually crash 1.5hr to 2hr also.
  6. Master

Than I guess we are screwed.......til the next hotfix at least. I think devs are on vaca until jan.
  7. mindblow

I'm crashing after about 10mins of play.
    I have lower specs then you lot but it should still run. The thing that buggers me more is the fact that I get no error whatsoever. It just crashes to desktop.
    Q6600 @ 2.4GHz / ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series / OCZ Vertex 128GB / 3GB Usable / Win7 Ultimate x86
  8. SafetyDance

i5-3570, gtx660, 8 gigs of ram, running on ultra settings and I've had ctds for a year, though recently they've become way more frequent. Today I must have lost thousands of resources only to ctds. Sometimes the game just closes, often I'll get slight or strong fps lags right before a crash. Rocket pods make performance drop immensely since omfg2.
  9. Tsabotavoc

Seems as I have choosen the best time to start with planetside. In the moment the only thing Ive learned about the game is:
    - This crashes appear since a year
    - They are known to the team since april
    - And they will keep us informed

*sarcasm on* Keep the good work going on *sarcasm off*
  10. Kevin12

The game has had these crashing bugs since the very begin. It just seems that they create a new one for everything they 'fix'.
  11. Master

yes, I experiance the same thing. pod spam causes performance drop. That totally crossed my mind until you brought it up.....ty.

have you tried running on other graphical settings? Maybe its only an "ultra" thing? We pretty much have the same rig.
  12. Master

Does pod spam make your performance drop?
  13. Master

This just happened. Go to the end and you will see the game freezing/crashing.

14. SafetyDance

I've had bad performance on settings lower than ultra in the past. The last time my settings were not on ultra was before omfg.
    Yesterday I decided to restart my computer after crashing after playing for around five minutes each time and after that I had no more crashes. This issue is very hard to track down because I am unable to tell if that was a coincidence and if this even is the same issue I've been having before omfg but with slightly different symptoms.
  15. Jester7x

My guess is ps2 is memory leaking around the 2 hr mark. Could be shorter for other users (especially on XP).
  16. baka

This past weekend I was able to do some binge playing of PS2 (I don't normally get to play in multi hour sessions!). I had one crash, and that was when I used Instant Action directly after logging in. Logged back in and my Instant Action timer was not burned, so I used it again and did not crash. Everything about my gameplay was stable and ran fine at an average of 55 fps (turned on smoothing last week). I am running the newest drivers and have ShadowPlay on.
    Just for quick reference I'll post my ini settings for comment and gleefully play with settings as people suggest any. I am still using my game adjusted settings for selecting Ultra, so if anything has changed - I just have not rung down the whole change one setting at a time thing in a while.

GraphicsQuality=3
    TextureQuality=0
    ShadowQuality=4
    RenderDistance=4000.000000
    Gamma=0.000000
    MaximumFPS=250
    UseLod0a=1
    VSync=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=2
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    EffectsQuality=3
    TerrainQuality=3
    FloraQuality=4
    ModelQuality=3
    ParticleLOD=2
    MotionBlur=0
    AO=0
    Smoothing=1
    VerticalFOV=74
  17. Demerzel

I'm getting near-constant crashing when I fly on Matherson, but it seems to be stable for me when I'm on the ground on foot or in a tank. Really get tired of wasting thousands of airborne resources on something that isn't my fault.

I'm running on Medium/Low settings, no streaming, with TS3 running.

i7 920 @ 3.8GHz
    Two AMD HD 6950s (CrossFire disabled, since PS2 currently has negative scaling, thanks AMD/SOE!)
    24GB RAM
    PS2 on OCZ Vertex 4
    Windows 7 Ulti, 64-bit on Vertex 3

Are there crash logs generated anymore? I easily found logs and eventvwr event logs back in beta, but I must be getting old as they aren't as apparent to me now.