[Suggestion] So about the Harasser

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Aloysyus, May 23, 2014.

1. oberchingus

You know, OP is actually correct. The harasser needs an effective roll. I think most of us would agree that if we don't have a viable balanced roll, then it can have a negative experience on all of us. That's why I like Martha Stewarts rolls:

Look at how moist and delightful these rolls are. And you know that with the cone of fire and TTK of the Halbutter, you can improve your skills with these rolls tenfold.

[IMG]

These warm, buttery rolls only take a little hands-on prep plus a small fee of 50,000 certs, which is nothing compared to what the Waterson Hardcore Harasser community has dumped into their vehicles of mass influence. These rolls fill the house with a delicious aroma. Even better, the same dough can be used for super cinnamon buns.
    • Up x 5
  2. Sagabyte

Notice how all of these videos feature dedicated AV weapons.

Doesn't that indicate something about the effectiveness of some of the Harasser's weapons?
  3. Alabammer

Fine I'll bite, so your point is that because most of the vids in this thread are AV weapons it must mean that the other weapons are weak correct? Well to answer you, yes, theyre weak....against armor....which is what people in the vids are shooting.... If my friends and I were shooting infantry you'd see bulldog and fury vids, its not that we're strictly opposed to using these weapons, it just that we prefer the best loadout for what were trying to kill, hence AV weapons. Ive seen plenty of AI harassers of late, especially on VS since the PPA is all around badass for AI.

On a final note, Most people like the halberd overall on a harasser. Its more or less the default harasser gun you see. The reason for this is its good at everything, it one shots infantry, and it can kill armor. Its pretty accurate and powerful, meaning you can kill up close or from a mile away. Sure you wont be killing swarms of infantry at a time with it, but you can kill infantry. In my opinion, the only true dedicated AV weapons are the Saron, Enforcer, and Vulcan as they all take multiple hits to bring down infantry with varying degrees of difficulty to do so. The halberd is more or less the jack of all trades gun.

Oh and lest we forget, Im also sure theres at least 1 or 2 AA vids in this thread. Yea, Im not really sure what your point is, only to say that the harasser has alot of variety in what it can pull. If you seem to think there are only AV vids well, I assure you that while they are probably pulled more than any other kind of harasser, they arent the only kind by a long shot. In fact the only weapon that I dont personally pull is the Kobalt and that because I like the fury/bulldog better for AI. Even the Basilisk gets pulled for the lols every now and again (and hint, if certed out, the basilisk is actually a decent change up, especially when running in a pack of harassers)
  4. Alabammer

watch this and be merry....
  5. oberchingus

So this is the video that made me want to cert out a bulldog and try it out for myself. Let's just say that 4000 certs later, and I haven't looked back. It's difficult to find a driver who can drive for it though given how different you have to react vs say the rhythm of the Berd Berd, Berd is the werd!
  6. dstock

I will take you there.
    • Up x 1
  7. oberchingus

I can't wait!
  8. oberchingus

In other news: How do you "fellow harasser fanatics" feel would be the best way to ask SOE to reinstate the traction in our beloved harasser?

I don't have the patience or time to drive a 100 page encyclopedia like the Liberator/Tank community does in the upcoming patch.

That's if they agree that there's an issue in the first place, and since we know SOE doesn't use the harasser, (they wouldn't have said we wouldn't notice the slight code change if they really used it) I'm not sure how to proceed. The flipping is almost worse now than it was pre-balance patch. And all chassis are messed up, which we can all agree on. We = fanatics. Not the players with less than 50 hrs who use it as a MAX taxi service though.
    • Up x 1
  9. Alabammer

Find a Dev, ask him how we can get the ball rolling on changing the code back?
  10. oberchingus

Seems simple enough doesn't it.
  11. KoS-1

I've not taped in a while. But I can show you AA one's in the future, if you like. Plus, we can shoot air with a halberd or enforcer. Of course not as well as a dedicated AA loadout.

Come to waterson and run with us, we'll show you. AA is effective, ask PREY about their encounter with one the other day.

Personally I don't run a AI loadout. I'll run AA and AV all day long. AI just seems too boring and frankly too easy.
  12. KoS-1

SoE...do what is correct?????? Hahahah hell isn't going to freeze over!
  13. oberchingus

Well it might cause every now and again they fix bugs. I don't CTD anymore for instance.
  14. KoS-1

A blind pig gets an acorn time to time.

Yes I know it's smell they find them with, it's a figure of speech. Disclaimer before the...
  15. dstock

So, playing Harassers on all my characters, they aren't all certed the same way.

I can't 'prove' this, but if you trust my judgement on 'feel', Surger 2 has much better grip than Surger 3. I have 2 on one of my characters, and that one is still fun to play. It took me awhile to understand that it was actually my better certed buggies that were giving me more trouble.

Also, I hypothesize the following:

Q - What other changes did we get when this happened?

A - Turbo was buffed to be more effective, both in duration and 'momentum' from using it.

I (Inference) - I've been considering that perhaps the changes to traction we are noticing are a result of loosening the friction coefficient or whatever you want to call it between the wheels and the ground. I'm sure others have noticed that if you hit Turbo, jump and just barely catch a ledge or something on the way down with Turbo still engaged, you rocket off into the sunset like you have perfect traction and just raced 1000m down a runway. I'm wondering if it's this change that precipitated what we've been experiencing, and SOE is correct that the actual physics changes aren't live yet.

TL|DR: What if something else is wrong? In all seriousness, though, if you have an alt with rank 2 of the chassis you like, run it for a few hours, see if you see the same thing I've been seeing between Surger 2 and 3. I think that is where the problem lies.

As for your question, if I'm correct about this, I'd like to get all my high-ranked Buggies reverted to Surger 2. SOE can keep my 400 certs per character, I farm enough a week that they don't really matter, lol.
  16. oberchingus

Interesting. I'm of the mindset that level 2 scrapper and surger are in a great place, and that if I could go back I would. I completely agree with you. I want a refund of level 3 also. I have surger 3 on my NC harasser but will get Scrapper 2 on there. As for my VS, maybe I'll get surger 2. I have different ones as well, with TR being the most certed.

I'll have to explore your theory about the nanite coefficient. Testing will have to be done.

Come to PTS. Tell me if the harasser is different. I'd ask Bushy but he believes the PTS harasser which he agrees has less traction is in fact not the same one as the current live one. He also hasn't noticed a difference yet in traction or physics.
  17. dstock

I'll have to patch PTS. The good news is I ignored my NUC directives and never actually played there, so I'll be starting fresh with piles of certs to waste, haha.

I'm pretty well convinced now that it's the top-level performance upgrades that are at least partially responsible for what we've been noticing. If you really want to prove it, come play with us sometimes, and I'll get my guys to pull buggies with random performance upgrades on them, and let you guess. We'll do a blind study, haha.

It's either the traction, or the gravity/weighting of the vehicle. I've done more successful front flips and gainers in the last two weeks than my entire Harasser driving career up to this point. It just doesn't add up, I refuse to believe nothing has changed.

Frankly, the hardest part for me is deciding whether I can eventually adjust to the horrible traction (I'm struggling, it's what kills me more than flipping now, spinning out when I don't mean to), or I'd rather be able to pull really crazy stunts from time to time when I'm bored. There are places you can do front-flips now, places you can do barrel-rolls that don't make sense, etc. Challenge mode has arrived, but I'm kinda pissed about it, haha.
  18. oberchingus

Let's do some testing! And blind studying too!

The worst part about challenge mode is there is zero control now. I used to do flips just to see what responses I got from the group. Now...I just don't want to chalk it up to pure luck. Yesterday coming out of Bottany Wing, I drove out the driveway, flipped over a rock and then climbed up and around the lamp post and landed perfectly. Had I intended to do that, I may have been impressed. At least this **** is making me practice my recovery in ways I never dreamed.
    • Up x 1
  19. dstock

Haha, yeah. I'm so glad I got the reverse backflip recorded on Amerish the other week. I don't think that's ever going to happen again, especially if they fix the physics.

IMO, the most frustrating part is when you actually get good traction. I flipped a buggy the other day, hit the landing perfectly, but I seemed to get above average traction, and I'll be damned if the landing didn't flip me another 180, back to upside-down. Uhm, WAT?!
  20. oberchingus

hnmmmm I wonder if Alarox wants to join us.....the other day, he gunned my halberd. Gave him the ride of his life! About 10% of it was intentional. :)