[Suggestion] So about the Harasser

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Aloysyus, May 23, 2014.

1. Alabammer

I agree with KoS, but then again we were both there for this!

2. M4gn1

It would be nice if max composite armour would at least let me survive one more tankshell/rocket. I don't mind getting weaker versions of the weapon, only the fury feels a little to weak. I love sniping from far away, I just reposition whenever they react. I play 1/3 most of the times because I feel whenever we go in close we get instapopped most of the time anyway. I only go in for some roadkills on sunderers driving around a sunderer with a gunner(Fury/halberd). I feel that the harasser atm is the best used to climb some mountain and snipe vehicles in the side/back. Like a mobile rocketlauncher(Halberd)
  3. VanuFTW909

I would rather that base resistances are increased improve survivability by another tank round. The effect will also stack with composite armor and apply to all resistances, but will also help keep other defensive options viable.

Considering that tank turret stabilization is going to live without the adjustments to increase gravity and decrease velocity, at this time, I do hope the Harasser is re-evaluated for a buff, by SOE, if the said tank changes remain in place for the long-term.

In my opinion, the Harasser recently received a direct nerf when its handling physics were changed without proper tuning. The tank turret stabilization, if no further adjustments are made to offset the buff, will be another nerf, albeit indirect, to Harassers.

Overall, I am not against the changes to tanks, but some compensation for Harasser fans would be a appropriate.
    • Up x 2
  4. M4gn1

^ That would be even better.
  5. KoS-1

IMHO...SoEs fix to the turbo buff was to **** up the physics. In their mind the turbo buff was too good. Like the lib buff and now to here soon nerf of said buff.

SoE doesn't know what they are doing to this game. Who cares, PS4 is going to kick ***!! While we get a watered down version of what the PC version use to be.
  6. dstock

They are testing their product for the PS4. I thought that much was obvious?

Nerf every vehicle that requires teamwork? Check
    Reduce range on every hard-hitting long-range vehicle weapon? We're well on our way!
    Nerf planes? Bye bye, Bulldog!

They are supporting short range, solo, infantry combat. Good work, boys, we're 80% CoD now.
  7. KoS-1

ooo I know that. If you take a look at my post history. I've stated the same many a time, that PC centric development is long gone, PS4 rules the day on decisions.

The PC version is/was turning into a console port. All the development has been and will be focused mainly on the PS4 side. And we'll have to deal with the consequences of that. Which will not be good for the PC side of things. Sadly.

None the less, compound the fact, SoE has poorly managed game after game. We are in for a "fun" ride. :(
  8. Lightwolf

Where's the halberd at compared to the basalisk right now? Dps wise which does more? And does the harasser have a special basilisk?
  9. Sagabyte

Halberd>>>>>Basilisk.

And yes, the harasser has special variants of each weapon that drop off faster.
  10. Alyz

At close to medium distance
    Dual Basilisk Sunderer >> Halberd Harasser

Which does makes me wonder if Basilisk on Harasser could compare to Halberd in its "comfort zone" (close-medium range, fast moving, constant hits).