So, a TR, NC and VS walk into a bar . . . . .

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballistix, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Ballistix

The TR bar hits the NC & VS so quick they don't know what hit them . . . . .
    The NC bar hits the TR & VS so hard they don't know what hit them . . . . .
    The VS bar hits the NC & TR so brightly they think they went into a nightclub . . . . .

Been recently playing about with the new ESSRs and with them being so different to each other it got me pondering, so this is why I have been thinking down these lines . . . . . .

Can someone please tell me:
    1) what the ES traits are MEANT to be and
    2) what the ES traits actually are

Can any of you help me see the ES abilities/benefits and the downsides/achilles heels

NC have guns that shoot straight, is that not VS territory?
    VS also have guns that shoot fast, is that not meant to be TRs domain?
    TR have weapons that are hard hitting, NC much?
  2. Rift23

I'm waiting for the NS rifle that'll be better than all of them and won't be nerfed because it's universal and everyone will buy it.
  3. Rogueghost

NS rifle is only semi automatic, it can only get so good.
  4. Pikachu

The unfinished semi-auto one that shoots a little faster than impetus but takes 4 shots >50m?
  5. WyrdHarper

Sorry, I can't hear you over my 143 damage carbines hitting so hard.
  6. Rift23

Oh ye of little faith.
  7. Rogueghost

Recent NS weapons have all been pretty bad, I have little hope for the sniper.
  8. Redderic

First and foremost, just because one or two weapons from a given faction hit overly hard or fire overly fast, does not invalidate the other faction's abilities. I.e. just because the Vanu have the VX6-7, does not mean the whole of TR is invalidated simply because the VS have a fast firing weapon. Similarly, just because every faction has a OHK close range shotgun, does not invalidate the NC's shotgun superiority. With that said...

Supposed to be:
    NC: Hard hitting, high recoil, increased armored vehicles (Vanguard... but does Reaver have increased armor... I don't think so?)
    TR: Fast firing, increased magazine size, faster vehicles
    VS: No bullet drop, mobility

Is:
    NC: Hard hitting, high recoil, increased armored vehicles, shotguns on everything, short-range MAX Gods, mid-long range MAX eh's (Falcon's are badass though), iWinshield, high pitched tween voice packs
    TR: Fast firing, increased magazine size, faster vehicles, TAR God, former Air-Denial superiority (Striker), former Harasser God (pre-nerf Vulcan)
    VS: Bullet drop on pretty much every weapon, slowest tank, least mobile tank, ESF that falls out of the sky when you aim down ever so slightly, easy-mode full-auto small-arms accuracy, fast reloads, middle of the road damage, middle of the road firing speed

Okay, I'm highly biased, but yeah... the VS are the oddest bunch when it comes to faction traits. We are sort of the accuracy faction, sort of the mobile faction, sort of the jack-of-all trades but master of none faction.
    • Up x 1
  9. Hoki

The NS rifle doesn't make any sense to sell but it makes sense to buy.

ALL sniper rifles are carbon copies ATM, so an NS semi-auto is pretty much identical is very redundant.
  10. Matixzun

I think that the faction that is closer to its supposed traits currently is NC, they have a dominance in hard hitting, high recoil, slow RoF weapons. The VS while its traits are less specific (focusing on acurracy or mobility and everything else supposedly mid) they get the more of it, so not only they get their own traits, but they also get a lot of the stuff that is more related to the other empire traits since they are close to them anyway. The TR I think has the most problems, considering the other factions can equal a lot their primary trait (RoF), especially VS, and their weapons are quite similar to universal (NS) weapons.