Sniping Render Range

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Navron, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Navron

Guise:

Infantry awareness/render range now takes loadouts into account, players with a long range weapon in there loadout can be render up to 600 meters away, depending on the weapon; this includes AV MAXs and Sniper Rifles.

I've never been able to see past 300 meters. That might just be because of my hardware (laptop with 880M) and I know that sniping past 300 is pretty meh...but....WHAT. My 880M is currently OC and I may try to push it a little more to see if I can render infantry a bit further out.
  2. Navron

Just tested. This new render range is insane.

EDIT: Scratch that. I'm rendering vehicles further (looks like they added some kind of Depth to it) but infantry still cuts out at 302.
  3. MisterSlim

Render range has been a bit odd for a long time. Server latency also plays a large part in it. There's been several times lately that enemy infantry render out past 600m, yet some other times they only render to about 250m. I think sometimes they watch us snipers, and decide to throttle our badassery. DAGinatti confirmed.

-Stay Frosty
  4. Leivve

Also has to do with how many players are concentrated in the area. If there are lots of people it will not only reduce your render range, but will also eventually stop loading some people till either you or them have line of sight. This means that you and another guy could be in the same room as each other shooting out opposite windows and not even realize it.
  5. Gemenai

Now we just need rifles, that can one shot target upt to that said new render range.
    Maybe the auraxium BASRs maybe?
    Nah, everyone would just cry op again.
  6. MisterSlim

The longest OHK range of any sniper belongs to the Railjack, the Directive snipers actually only OHK out to around 265m. (But that velocity though!!! And it's so sparkly!)

-Stay Frosty
  7. Gemenai

Trust me, i know of the OHK values of the rifles. Which is even more sad, given that for example Parsec with its description is displayed as high tinkered rifle for unmatched long range capabilities, but is outmatched by the T3 rifles.
    I see no reason in letting infantry with long range equipment to be seen, if there is no weapon to effectively go against those targets.
    But if auraxium rifles could OHK to a further distance, then they would have a role and could finally be a reward instead of just a "meh" downgrade.
    I mean do you want the tanks snipe those snipers with their ap rounds?
    The whole deal is just so, that tanks can't be shot down by raven MAX units an their likes which aren't rendered.
  8. Navron

Actually rendered MAXes out to 400m today in a VERY busy fight.
  9. Gemenai

So did the MAX only rendered up to 400m?
    Do you remember what weapon it used?
    I thougt Ravens and the like count as long range weapons.
    If so, then they would have to render up to 600m not only 400m.
  10. Navron

I'm not familiar with MAX weapons at all. It was a VS Anti-Air MAX. It might have rendered further but I dunno....we were at that distance sniping with with Archers. We couldn't hit it though...Mattherson's Triumph air pad was in the way.