Sniping advice, faction issues...

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by sosolidshoe, Mar 3, 2013.

1. sosolidshoe

So I occasionally pop over to a different server from my VS main character to test out the other factions, just to keep reminding myself what I'm going to be up against, but until the other day I hadn't really spent much time as a TR Infiltrator, and something odd has come up.

My main character defaults to Infiltrator, and I play it almost exclusively unless my outfit squad needs something else, and I've settled in comfortably with the Nyx semi-auto Scout and the Sirius SMG as my main weapons, mainly because when I tried going full-on sniper with the V-10, I sucked.

But I don't with the SR-7(TR V-10 equivalent I believe). I mean seriously, with the V-10 I struggle to get above a 1.0 K/D and my spm is pathetic, every time I try using it I feel totally useless to my team and quickly switch back to my normal loadout, but I jumped in and started using the SR-7 totally stock and suddenly I'm running a 3.0+ K/D and equaling or beating the spm I manage on my main, and not only that but I feel useful because I'm consistently landing headshots against critical targets just when they're needed.

What I can't figure out is why; the bolt-actions are practically mirrored across the factions, the only real difference between the SR-7 and the V-10 are the sound and graphical effects. Anyone have any suggestions as to what's going on?
  2. CraftKing

If they're equally identical in stats, then I believe, the factor that causing your problem is the 'feel' of the gun that it gives. Specially, (I am not sure `coz I only tried the stock rifle of VS which is the semi-auto) the sight is a bit different, it's triangular in shape. Most of the time we have square (NC) or round (TR) scope and it's pretty much standard or widely use in other games as well. So there. These little different feel affects your performance. Some people would learn to compensate or adjust with the slight differences but in your case, it's affecting you without knowing/noticing.

Edit:

Nyx is scout so it's a bit different from line of "sniper" rifles. Also what scope are you using on your Nyx?
    When I re-read your post and found out that Nyx is a scout, that strengthen my point even more. Semi auto scout and semi auto sniper rifles have different feel and slightly different playstyle/use.

BTW, do you use your VS/TR bolt action to MQC or LQC? or the average unit (meters)?
  3. CraftKing

Ok, I've tried both stock bolt actions.

It seems that I'm a bit awkward using V-10 for some reason. But I will only say one big factor that I found/notice while using both TR and VS bolt action. V-10 corsair thickness after the first mil-dot. Notice that it has different thickness? The other two bolt actions have thin lines where mil-dots ARE located.

Both are accurate specially in the range of no bullet drop from your (0, 0) axis on your corsair.