Snipers Useless

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Cute-CandyPants, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Haku_Sama

Above poster has it right. You have to train yourself to be useful in this way. We need more snipers who put in the effort to get behind or to the side of the enemy at 200 meters or so.
  2. Tooks

I'd say 75% of my deaths are from snipers...
  3. Renthrak

Can someone explain why being constantly 1-shot by people you never see would be a GOOD thing? That's where OP's opinion leads, and it's stupid. The end.
  4. Cute-CandyPants

can they balls,

soon as a sniper shoots you can see were they are and are easily taken care off,if you cant kill an infiltrator im sorry you are bad.
  5. Cute-CandyPants

then you are bad

they are far to easy to take care off,

just sniper them with your lmg or rifle.
  6. Cute-CandyPants

only if they hit you in the head, and why are you standing still in the open in the 1st place ? common sense you lack young noobawan!
  7. CoreDave

You are bad, everyone is bad! Except me, I am great! But my class is bad because I can't one shot everyone.

Sounds like a typical sniper player to me. I bet your contribution is next to zero. They are called infiltrators and not snipers for a reason.
    • Up x 1
  8. Meurtos

I roll anyone with a bolt action UNTIL they get point blank. Then its Mag Pistols turn. I felt the Infiltrator was too easy, with not enough action when playing as the sniper. If you're getting outsniped by a HMG or LMG you're just not good enough for Infiltrator, or heaven forbid, you will need to practice.
    • Up x 1
  9. RetroRayner

And when you can snipe at "extreme long range" you just get peppered by LMG and Carbine, which knocks your aim out then the advantage shifts to the LMG and Carbine.

Enemies should not be able to see you at "Extreme Long Range",if the Sniper is good enough to allow for bullet drop, weapon sway and enemy movement he deserves the kill, if you don't like dying to a sniper close the distance on him, counter snipe him, or send a vehicle over, but just to be able to turn and shoot with a LMG or Carbine at "Extreme Long Range" is wrong.
  10. RetroRayner

That dog in your sig is gorgeous,
  11. Kairus

Learn. To. Aim.
  12. Cute-CandyPants

exactly why i said the bullet speed needs increasing and the bolt action rifles need a huge damage buff,
  13. Cute-CandyPants

high kd ratio ? LOL you know once a sniper shoots in planet side he is screwed right ? specialy when a tank or liberator is above you.
  14. Jokka

I think the damage is fine the way it is. But bullet speed for snipers NEEDS a buff. There is no reason I should be able to watch the bullet fly through the air when I fire. I should barely be able to see anything except the vapor trail
  15. PoopMaster

On a game focused around capturing objectives, they're going to be useless. Unless you're defending.
  16. Tooks

So I should sniper the sniper without a sniper rifle when they already know my location and have already either killed me in one hit or have taken away my shields and need only one more good hit to kill me? Okay i'll get right on that.
  17. katuy

Actually snipers can be very effective. One thing to note the default gun especially on the TR is freaking useless. The alpha squad bolt action is really quite good and give it a decent scope and you can get head shots pretty easily even at some silly ranges. Snipers play an odd roll snipers biggest targets are other snipers. Without enough snipers on your side your infantry will get murdered but when both sides have enough sniper they sort of engage in their own sniper duels so it is a bit of a meta game. The planetside 2 snipers are pretty well desgined and with the stealth field it makes it easy to reposition for your next shot. Remember try to not shoot more than a couple times from any location or people will find you and another sniper will shoot your head off.
  18. Stride

Useless no however situational yes. This argument can be applied for other weapons as well such as using automatic rifles against tanks or anti vehicle weapons against infantry. These are just different things for different situations.
    • Up x 1
  19. Percellian

I think the snipers are perfectly fine as they are. I've played VS and sure starting out their rifle can't kill with a single headshot, but rather a few consecutive shots. The NC have the best sniper you can start out with, its a bolt action and has the ability to kill with one headshot. Still haven't tried TR yet so I'm afraid I can't say anything about them. The problem I keep hearing with most snipers is they would rather deal massive damage to the body rather than aiming for the head like a good sniper should do.

If the enemy sees you, they should still be a long distance away from you so just cloak and move to another location.
  20. Monnor

Maybe your useless as sniper, cause the class is called infiltrator.