Snipers: listen to this

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Astraka, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Sworaven

If it's hate you're after, make a thread about this in the 'Gameplay Discussion' - section.
  2. Lazaruz

Maybe someday we'll have the ability to "snipe from literally a 1000 meters away", like Higby mentioned in the PS4 interview.
  3. Heyitsrobbie1984

true but i do play alot of infiltraters depends on my mood though
  4. Wayfar

That would be crazy.
  5. Mustarde

Toro mentioned this to me the day he got back from SOE live but I wasn't going to spread rumors until I saw something hit the PTS or twitter or patch notes.

It was enough to prevent me from making a montage with only nanoweaved headshots (yes, I easily have enough footage to make a 6 minute video of nothing but headshots not getting kills). Partially because it was a lot of work and partially because if a fix was in the making I wasn't going to spend all that time to advocate a change that was coming anyways.

So, I'm holding out hope. In the meantime, I have been using my armistice a lot more lately...
  6. Scudmungus

Real Manly Men-Beardy-Men go FULL COMMY + Occasional Pointy thing!

:D
  7. NinjaTurtle

This will cause a lot of hate.
  8. Scan

Well... I recently picked up sniping again.... as far as you can call hiding in rocks and bushes with a supressor about 20 meters away from groups of enemies sniping.....

I grew abit tired of the situation on Woodman, and started a VS Infiltrator on Miller. (they can use some help)

Having nothing fancy certed yet, I decided to fall back on what I can do best, without having the certs invested in Nanoweave. Depending on the time of day and skill of enemies, I can sometimes rack up quite a few kills, totally unnoticed. I've had incidents where I'd had to stop, because I ran out of ammo. Killing about 20 enemies in one go. All headshots.

The wierd thing is: I didn't get any complaints at all. Seemingly after getting headshotted, the other guy might have gone: "grrrr sniper" but then shrug and move on again.

Perhaps this is partially caused by people not getting sniped very often. Not as often as getting killed by anything else anyway. How often has any of you ever been 1 shotted by a sniper, while you were on the move? Yeah, that's what I thought. This is pretty damn rare.

All in all, I am very glad that they are finally going to look into this... but I am somewhat saddened by the fact that it took so very long until they did. At certain points, I've been extremely frustrated by the current situation... and looking back, reading this news has me thinking: Why was this all needed in the first place?

As if the high visibility and low survivability of Infiltrators wasn't enough. It was as if the dev team didn't want people to play Infiltrator, and made it as hard and frustrating as they possibly could, so only the masochists would invest their time, certs and money into this class.

I can only hope that they'll deliver what they promised quite soon... and that it's not another ruse to keep me paying for another 2 months.
  9. Darkelfdruid_LOL

But really if they do polish this class up, with the cloak ....most likely never. ..but at least OHK....god imagine how many good long range snipers are there that atm just don't want to play infi due to nano....

I bet so many medics / engi and other classes will cry and wine so loudly due to them being use to the "current" infiltrator that I wouldn't be surprised if SOE goes...."on second thought. ...."
  10. Astraka

I would hope not, but given the current whining over skilled Infiltrators being competent in CQC I could see it happening.
  11. CptFirelord

Thank god for this, I'm so sick and tired of you infiltrators trying to shoot me dead, but missing my head and leaving me with three bars of health! Finally, I won't need to waste a health pack! Just kill me dammit!
    • Up x 1
  12. LazerusQAI

thats also a way to see it...from the other side of the bullet
  13. Scudmungus

There's a tonne of sniping going on in Miller. Never had any bad love from doing it tho, and I've had a fair share of farms and shots that even I wouldn't have called. It might be a server-culture thing. The only giref I've gotten is for CQC (with Commy + Knife) and that's only happened twice.

Saying that, our Outfit pilots get a fair bit of grief from Snipers failing to identify or understand how a Mozzie might be equipped with a Scout Radar...
  14. Metalspine

I've only been playing this game for a couple weeks now, but it was only since a couple of days ago that I really started to notice my head shots failing a lot. Pretty much all my certs are put into sniper infiltrator, quite frankly I love playing it. So apparently this nano-weave buff has been around for a while so what changed? Is everyone starting to cotton onto the fact that nano-weave is the way to go?
    After looking through these forums I see a lot of hate and nonchalance towards us. Not many care and are happy that bolt actions are now gimped. I really like this game and I really like my play-style, coming from a guy who typically 'runs n guns' in most shooters.
    I'm not some stupid *** sniper who never stealths, never changes position, never helps his team. I like to line up that sweet shot and watch my bullet 'drop' onto an enemies head at long range, I like to curse when I miss by a hair and tell myself I can do better next shot. But I also like to get up close when needed, get inside an enemy base and pick off unwary foes, get up high and close and help my team by picking off snipers and especially by picking off heavies attacking our vehicles. I'll switch to pistol when needed and help cap a point if I have to.

That's pretty much my rant, the whole situation just peeves me off, I don't understand why devs had to ruin such a good thing. Were us snipers really that 'OP'? Sadly It's driving me away from the game, because as someone mentioned earlier it appears to be a design decision to encourage CQB and obsolete true snipers.

/rant off
  15. Scan

Pretty much all the people I know and play with agree that a Bolt Action not killing upon headshot, no matter the range, is rather "strange".

In the early days, before there were any weapon stats, I clearly remember it was said that Bolt Actions sniper rifles, were the only weapons that had not damage dropoff.

Wether this was true or not, I do not know, but if it was, someone, somewhere at some time, nerfed these rifles from wich point on they sure as hell did have damage dropoff, making it 550 minumum damage for all rifles.

This awesome number ensures that everything with 1100+ health (NW3 and onward) survives a headshot from any range, and required 3 (not 2) 3 bodyshots to kill at range. (nigh impossible)

Exept ofcourse Infiltrators, who need to invest 1000 certs into NW5, to be able to survive a headshot, unlike all the other classes who only need 61 certs invested for the same effect.

This is pure discrimanation. (if you think discrimination is just based on race, look up the term on google)
  16. DeathSparx

Actually other classes only need 11 certs (NW2) invested for the same effect. Infiltrators still need NW5 to live through a bullet to the head.
  17. Shuuda

Here's another word you can all google; persecution complex.
  18. Scan

That was quite an interesting read.

Thanks.