[Suggestion] Snipers can't be cloaked with a sniper rifle equipped

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CompletelyDeadCoyote, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Piska

Oh boy a next Cloak Odyssey #3463

To the author of this thread.

Infiltrator problems was discuss in a loooong time and many times, with Lord of the Ring tier walls of texts. There were many balance changes, even when players haven't any problems with it. For example this new Kobalt balance changes. Somehow devs consider that this weapon are to strong and needs to be balanced. They dont write why, or what was the reason to do that. We can guess, that maybe a community feedback contributes to this decision, but if you want to find some threads about how kolbat is OP, you will find nothing. Yet, in the same time you can find countles threads about infiltrators, threads that are beating page records and have wall of texts in them, that your eyes are hurting only by looking at it. You can also see how many threads have infiltrators compared to other classes under "Class Discussions". Considering all of this, to this day devs didn't say a SINGLE statement about current state of infiltrators, considering the fact that this is the most discuss problem on this OFFICIAL PLANETSIDE 2 FORUM.

Current state of infiltrators are simple:

a. By logic and for the new players, current cloak mechanic is broken.
    b. By veterans and Infill mains, current cloak mechanic is fine.

Curreent state of cloak is BROKEN and it needs to be fixed. Veterans are used to cloakers and in most cases they know how to deal with them, but if we consider new players, this is THE most broken thinkg it this game making them quit.

There were many solutions to fix cloak problem, and most of people argue, that increasing decloak time would fix most of the problems. Of course you will see some people who will defend infiltrators current statre no mather what, even if devs giver them autoaim or some other thing.

What i want to say it's that, that for the devs infiltrators are fine and they should not be balanced in any way other than making them even stronger (added broken crossbow and nerfing nanoweave armor).

Posting here will do nothing, because Devs don't care about community feedback on their OFFICIAL PLANETSIDE 2 FORUM.
    • Up x 2
  2. Scroffel5

If Veterans know how to deal with cloakers, then that means there is a way to deal with them. Therefore, new players should be taught how to deal with every class, including Infiltrators.

The thing is, things are only OP when you either can't counter them or don't know how to. After those things are addressed, the problem is gone. To me, Infiltrators aren't OP because I know how to deal with them, and when I die to them, I know why. I know what they did right and what I did wrong. Thats the type of learning you get over time, but in this day and age, we have babied players. Instead of putting in that work, they'll just quit. So you have two roads to take: baby players despite the intended nature of the game, or tell them to suck it up and potentially lose babied players.
  3. synkrotron

again, for what it is worth, I do try to help low BR players if I happen to catch them out in the field

because I am not a high KPM CQCer I have time to do that

sometimes I get thanked for advice and have made some enemy friends along the way

sometimes I am ignored, probably because the player I am trying to talk to doesn't understand English

with regards to new players, when they first start, do they not look at all the classes?

it's been a while, so I can't recall, but I am sure I must have thought, "hey up, I need to watch for that"

light assault... if you hear that jet pack you know you can't fixate on what is on the low ground around you, and you have to start to be aware of threats that could be above you

so I don't quite understand how new players can be completely in the dark about infiltrators

also, joining an outfit really does help, in my opinion

the small outfit that I joined spent some time in VR with me in my early days explaining stuff

so, yeah, for what is was worth, some more thoughts from me :)
  4. VeryCoolMiller

the only thing a veteran does to deal with an infiltrator is picking an another infiltrator...
  5. synkrotron

I tend to find that a veteran is more than likely to switch to a light assault with a darklight flashlight equiped
  6. BlackFox

But hey, we got a new community manager called Mithril, too bad that he's only around Reddit probably and doesn't seem to take a look on the OFFICIAL PLANETSIDE 2 FORUM
    • Up x 1
  7. JibbaJabba

Mithril is a cloaker main.
    • Up x 3
  8. synkrotron

good point
    • Up x 1
  9. JustGotSuspended

Lol but this is exactly the point. New players aren't dumb. Those who don't want to/can't improve to match the levels of most vets either quit or turn to the easiest (most broken) playstyles. At firs they might think MAX or heavy - those guys have most HP and look strong right?

Well soon enough they learn the only true thing that saves them is invisibility. That's why we see so many low brs go to infil. It's the class that pretty much guarantees a kill. No matter whether they use stalker to cherry pick targets or the hunter to tank as many shots as a heavy while being invisible before 1hk anything that glances in their direction, the infil fulfills the role of being an easy to tool for lesser skilled players to steal kills.
    • Up x 2
  10. synkrotron

totally agree, especially in my case

question is, and I have asked this before, should I uninstall the game and spend more time in the garden?
  11. JustGotSuspended

Haha tbh I think we all should.

But nah as long as you're having fun it doesn't matter I guess, though I would recommend still trying other classes and improving based on the tutorials, etc that tons of people have made about this game.
    • Up x 1
  12. GreyGun

As I wrote in another thread: I will resub the moment this game gets rid of those maximum-cheese, skillless, frustraiting, trolling cloaked insta-kills - the renegade flash being No.1 from my perspective.

I would really like to play more often. But as soon as I get killed by one of thoses stupid, broken thingies I realise there is a lot more life has to offer instead of PS2...

Maybe that is a good thing... :)
    • Up x 1
  13. synkrotron

absolutely