Snipers are about to feel like a NC MAX.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chewy102, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Chewy102

Im talking about a range cap and how one step outside of that makes someone just about safe from your weapon. Snipers might get a 150m hard cap on one hit headshot kills thanks to balance changes post O:MFG. I am against this just like I am against how NC MAXes are forced to being within 10-15m even with maxed out cert options.

Granted 10-15m is NOTHING to 150m but the point is still the same. One step can make a weapon fail or kill, and that is what I don't like,
    • Up x 9
  2. NoctD

Get an SMG and go face to face, you wimps! :p
    • Up x 2
  3. Bape

Pretty sure they will add slug to the sniper rifle which will let us head shot pass 150m+ but it will be very inaccurate even though the enemy is standing still and you are SURE you got him in the head it won't register for some reason but don't worry try again :rolleyes:.
    • Up x 2
  4. Madcat9

Face to back is the proper way of doing it.
    • Up x 4
  5. Spartan3123

Wow... SOE need to STOP placing soo much weight on community feedback and half-**** statistics. Trust professional game designers and use LOGIC to balance the game, get your own designers to play the game (properly ). Most of the time the community is biased and don't really know what they want.

This sniper nerf is the most ridiculous thing i have seen so far. Even in BF snipers are allowed to 1HK in headshots...
    • Up x 3
  6. NoctD

Only if you're a backstabbing coward.

Let's face it - infiltrators are just wimps! Never one up for a fair fight.
    • Up x 1
  7. Raraldor

I'm in the very small majority of people who think it should be an even closer range, I feel 80-90 meters away or closer for a 1 shot kill is good myself. I know that other things will be able to hit me rather easily from that range, but that's fine with me, I don't want my favorite way of killing people to be easy.
    • Up x 3
  8. Bape

Hard to believe but I go face to face most of the time as a infiltrator because I like fair fights. Sometimes If Im sniping and a enemy is about 10m away I will pull out my **** desparado and humiliate him face to face.
    • Up x 3
  9. Raraldor

we hide with our cloak, you hide behind metal plates, what's the difference? :D
    • Up x 3
  10. NoctD

I never said not to cloak. But shooting people in the back is just the lowest form of gameplay. Guys in metal plates face you straight on.

I'd say backstabbers/backshooters are worse than snipers by a huge margin.
    • Up x 3
  11. Chewy102

In BF you can see any sniper that looks at from across the map from the glint and that game has MUCH more spots that don't have more than 30m to them at best.

There is logic to this. Players hate to be killed without a chance of fighting back. To be honest Id think 200m would be a good range for one hit kill limits. Enough for the sniper to be hidden and not so much that players have to count pixels to find him.

NC MAXes though. I just thought that is was a good comparison of having a hard cap on range in what a class is made for. Mainly Sniper V infantry and MAX V MAX.
  12. Spartan3123

You see if a player has to count pixels to find, them they wouldn't be able to do anything other than keep moving or find cover. Conversely at super long ranges scope sway, lag and player movement make it extremely difficult to get head shots unless they stand still for more than 3-4 seconds, so it does balance out in some regards. Alot of my headshots are close range anyway but i dont see why we should ruin it for people who like to take those long shots
    • Up x 2
  13. Van Dax

Uh you realize its limited to 50meters right now, this is an unambiguous buff for snipers.
    • Up x 1
  14. Giggily

Uh, clearly the developers aren't listening to the community or else sniper rifles would have infinite range and would also having homing bullets.
    • Up x 2
  15. Scienta

Lets face it - infiltrators are just smart! Never one up for losing a fight.

There is a flaw with the 1v1 face to face kind of combat, it never happens and is never the optimal way of engaging an enemy, no mater what class you play. If you get the jump you with the fight. Infils are just better equipped than most to get the jump.
    • Up x 1
  16. DashRendar

Although with this limitation comes a GUARANTEED headshot OHK WITHIN said set range. Currently, there is not that guarantee. It's a fair trade if you ask me, 150m is quite a distance, and maybe now my iron sights bolt action may actually be viable...
  17. Chewy102

Only if someone certs into I think rank 3 nano and uses it. There is a lot of players that like to use that slot for other things such as flak for vehicle driving (works wonders in the back of a harasser), shield regen for cloakers or medics, or for any reason they want. Nano isn't a 100% thing like how NC MAXes have to work with. I wouldn't think nano users are even 40% of the playerbase.

No NC MAX can go to a MAX fight and win without getting well into its perfect range. And that's after he gets extended mags AND if the other MAX hasn't certed into Kinetic at all. That is a proven fact now and has been since launch.

I love that nano is going to be a choice now and Im going to use the refunded certs to get the shield regen I wanted. But 150m is to short for blot action sniper rifles. I think it should be 200m. As well as giving a dual set of NS weapons (a HMG and shotgun) to all MAXes.
  18. Lividicus!

Comparing what they're doing to make snipers RAGE QUIT to an NC Max is like comparing a donkey to a dolphin. The NC Max is still very much viable. I watch as you guys laugh at lock-down maxes and blast them away with your hacksaws. The whole TR community would gladly trade lock-down for aegis.

What's happening to snipers is nothing less than a slap in the face. I honestly would much rather have nano-weave. Everyone and their dog used it, but I could still get some kills. At 150 meters, the second I decloak I'm going to be headshot from a jackhammer.

I've never, ever heard of a game where snipers are limited to assault class range....
    • Up x 2
  19. efil4mocx

If we had heavy-hitting automatic weapons and more health we wouldn't need to fight dirty.
    You're the ******* cowards for hiding behind all that armor, behind all that shield and behind that wall of lead.
  20. efil4mocx

Now if target is unarmored I can OHK at 300 meters. More, if it's an engineer on a turret.
    This change just means that I wouldn't even try against medium to long range targets now. Short range only from here on out, which is extremely bad gameplay design.
    I do not understand why they feel the need to **** with snipers so much. Already, we're handicapped by nanoweave, they just decided to **** us another way.