SMGs

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Kyouki, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Wolfwood82

SMGs are automatic weapons that fire primarily pistol style rounds. Assault Rifles fire rounds that use more powder in the cartridge then pistol rounds, but less then full sized rifle rounds, however they fire pistol sized bullets I believe. Carbines are essentially Assault Rifles designed with shorter barrels and more compact designs in order to better facilitate AR firepower in close quarters or urban environments where tight spaces can make having a long weapon difficult to maneuver.
  2. ElementalFiend

Carbines already feel like CQC weapons in most cases. I'm not sure I'd want anything with even shorter range.

Maybe as a secondary.
  3. ShumaKun

I think LA and Infiltrators will get smg, but I will pray for secondary weapon, I wish I can trade beamer for something more useful
    • Up x 2
  4. Lavalampe

How about a manticore with laser? works good in cqc
  5. Regpuppy

Regardless of what gets it, expect it to be horribly broken one way or another at first. ;P
    • Up x 1
  6. Ghoest

Is it just GD-7Fs for everyone I wonder?
  7. Skadi

someone dug up a model with a infiltrator holding it for vanu.
  8. Jester7x

Infiltrators getting smgs will only cater to maybe 20% of them that actually dont sit on a hill 10 miles away trying to headshot people across the map.
  9. Kyouki

After finding out what a SMG is im perfectly fine with infiltraitors getting them instead of us. They seriously need it more. Thanks for the responses guys.
    • Up x 1
  10. exLupo

There's already SMG info in the data files for unreleased weapons. The DPS varies widely but always very high (all empires have identical versions) but all variants share some characteristics. Notably, no iron sights and the same CoF modifier regardless of stance or movement (barring jump). Granted, this is all pre-release info and probably a lot of test trash but that's probably what you should assume is on the way.

No ADS.
    High mobility.
    High damage.

Also, the weapons are referred to as SMG Light Bullet 0-30mm. I'm guessing it's also going to have increased damage degradation penalties like the carbine. Most weapons have 1 rank of falloff at max range whereas carbines have 2 ranks so SMGs would probably have 3 to force short range even further.

ref

ClientItemDatasheetData markers

NC 27000-27004
    TR 28000-28004
    VS 29000-29004
  11. Flukeman62

it could be an infiltrator only side arm.
  12. Intrinsic

Having played cloaker a lot in PS1 i just do not see why cloakers need anything other than a pistol or a knife, or an inventory full of nades! PS2 cloaking game is so disappointing compared to PS1 for me.
  13. TheBloodEagle

Do want.

I hope SMGs have low ammo, around 20 or so, high ROF, pistol velocity and bullet dro and they are mainly CBQ spray weapons for all factions. I think they'd be OP as sidearms. No one would use pistols.
  14. ShumaKun

Maybe, but it's not worth 600 cert imo
  15. Regpuppy

or not, the damage it throws out at close range is well worth taking up the main weapon slot.
  16. Flukeman62

remember the stuff in the data may not be correct.
  17. Regpuppy

I highly doubt they'll suddenly decide to go a different direction with it. Even if it becomes an infiltrator only weapon, it'll definitely be a main weapon.
  18. Skadi

derp
  19. aRtFuL

Or maybe it is actually catering for effective use of infils in an outfit.

I also think SMGs will probably be infil only, since all the other classes already can use shotguns.
  20. DemoEvolved

Fine with an infil primary, but really hoping it is an Auto sidearm (for VS)

Would pay 700sc for a full auto faction wide secondary.