SMGs lower the skill curve too much

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AnnPerkins, Mar 16, 2013.

1. AnnPerkins

I know SOE needed to add a weapon that even the least skilled players can get kills with but these weapons are over the top.
  2. Robes

Accounts really need to be locked from posting if you've died in the last 30 minutes.
    • Up x 6
  3. TheRealMetalstorm

the skill curve in PS2 infantry combat is already compressed. SMGs barely make any difference.

What caused you to post? Frustration - you were defending some deserted territory and faced one or two dedicated attackers and the SMG toting guy kept slaughtering you at the cap point.

This guy Robes has got it right.
  4. Paltry Porridge

SMGs are inferior to most carbines, CQC specific LMGs and assault rifles at any range, provided you can aim.

SMGs are a joke compared to shotguns in the < 10 meter range.

What are you complaining about again? If you're losing to a SMG user, it means they got the first shot, or you can't aim. In either case, you only have yourself to blame.
    • Up x 2
  5. AnnPerkins

if it were just one time this might work. I've been killed by smg spammers at 200m away with them just full autoing hoping to kill me. I've also never literally never lived through a close range fight with anyone even the lowest rank can't even tie thier own damn shoelace players. Sure, I'll kill them but these idiots still manage to kill me. The weapons are a nuisance and need to disappear for good.
  6. prowler707

agreed blame your own lack of skill and knowledge keep up with the updates and you wont have to die so often XD
  7. StormStrafe

8. WalrusJones

A third of the TR carbines and rifles totally obsolete the SMG's...
    With both of the other factions having at least one weapon that fits this bill in each of these categories.

NEEEXXXT COMPLAINT.
    • Up x 1
  9. VKhaun

I disagree. SMG's give up DPS standing for applied DPS on the move, yet they have very slow projectiles. That means they add both a weapon that needs to be used well and on the move to get the best out of it, AND they're adding more moving targets for everyone else to shoot at.

But I'm biased. I love CQC guns.
  10. Laraso

SMG's do less damage than most carbines. The projectile moves nearly half as fast as a carbine bullet, and the only real thing they have going for them is tiny recoil and good hipfire perfomance.
  11. Pengalor

I used to be a little frustrated at the SMGs when they first came out, especially with the adv. laser sight, seemed like they never had to sight up. However, with the inclusion of pump-action shotguns I think it's been balanced out for the most part.
  12. VKhaun

I am a huge fan of the HSNV, but stealthers are completely invisible to those now, so you have to hip fire to kill them if they stealth and zig zag on you. The SMG has low enough recoil that I can use it ADS with the HSNV moving .75 speed, without worrying about any recoil reduction attachments, but then at the same time I can go hip fire while moving and have the best tool for the job of chasing down the sneaks!

I love my pump and SMG combo. Always hard to pick which I want to use. :D