SMG Questions

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by SGTWOLF68, Feb 19, 2013.

1. SGTWOLF68

Is the SMG worth it or should I save my money from what I see its good but I want some opinions from the forum.
  2. Zinus

well... try it out first thats the best thing you can do really.

I have a nice time with my SMG. Without the extra clip ammo it was a bit on the edge, but after the upgrade i never felt that i ended up short. Fully upgraded it feels really nice for base infiltrating and stuff, the drawback is that i don't engage anyone that is 15m+ from me (but as i usually gravitate and buzz around bases and buildings in general i rarely feel this drawback, tho at times i wished i had at least a semi auto hehe)

Can't really talk about other options as i went straight from bolt action to smg and did the semi autos only on trials
  3. MyOdessa

I play VS infiltrator (not sniper) a lot, I find SMG very useful and the best option available for infiltrator for CQC. If you do get SMG, get extended mag for it, SMG hip accuracy is good enough for distances you will engage enemies at, think medium room, and extra 10 rounds really worth it.
  4. Neurotoxin

I'm waiting a few months til the 2nd SMG is on sale. The current one is alright, but I kinda want the one that is slightly slower but carries more ammo (which is how the 2nd SMGs have been depicted in early demonstrations).

I know the current SMG would need an extended clip if I wanna be sure to terminate my foes every time.
  5. Weirdkitten

It's a good weapon and CQ infiltrator is a very active and fun playstyle in my experience. Had no regrets buying mine. I put extended mag on mine most of the time, but advanced laser works quite well too.
  6. Purple Pooka

I'd also have to agree with the Extended Mag comments. While I did pick up the Advanced Laser, the SMG is just so accurate that the Extended Mag has ended up being far more useful. If you still have at least x1 bullet left in a clip, the SMG reloads rediculously fast. Using the Extended Mag help to guarantee that happening on a regular basis.
  7. drNovikov

Save your money till they fix the cloak.
  8. Timeraider

This is fixed on Woodman already at least... how come it has only been fixed for certain servers? :S. Cant see infils for **** anymore on lower settings :p

Also.. SMG depends, you want to be infiltrating instead of sniping? then its a requirement. I love my SMG and it causes amazing killstreaks in my favor :p
  9. PureSalad

Sup TimeRaider! The SMG is beast with silencer and extended mag.
  10. blzbug

Or just wait 1 more day. The patch notes for the next update say that new SMGs are coming tomorrow. I do like more options, but this does feel a bit cash-grabby. I'm glad I only buy smedbux when they are on triple sale.

To the OP, the SMG is definitely worth it if you have any desire to be in close quarters. I even prefer it over the Jaguar carbine for my LA.
  11. Neurotoxin

I mean on sale, like 25% or 50% off, or bundled in a sale package with other items I don't have.
  12. hammyhamm

At present I haven't really got the SMG - for my infiltrator I use a modded-up full-auto scout rifle - I find it more versatile at medium range. Any other clases I would use it on use the Jaguar in that kind of knife-fight situation.
  13. Carrionghoul

If you don't want to wait for the second run of SMGs, and you're in the mood to sneak around and run and gun, then sure grab a SMG. I've had a blast the last few days sneaking around behind the enemy, dropping claymores at key doorways, and shooting one or two guys before the rest of them figure out what's going on and gun me down. I have even had a few great CQC stealth duels with enemy SMG carrying infiltrators at some out of the way single capture point bases.

All in all it's been a fun change of pace from running light and heavy assault all the time, without simply being relegated to waiting to line up the next head shot from max render distance.
  14. Rhinzual

Quick question: does using the 1500 SC cards at Walmart/Gamestop on those double/triple sales count towards a sale and give you the appropriate 3000/4500 SC or would it just be 1500 no matter what?
  15. illgot

OMG I am so happy I did not buy the new SMG on my TR.

A TR SMG with more ammo causing more flinching, will be awesome :)

Even if I don't kill it will be great in groups because I can make people flinch so much they will not be able to hit anything.

Yes on a double day that 1500 credit walmart card turns into 4000 credits and on triple 6000 credits.

Remember, every 1500 SOE card from Walmart (get the 15 dollar ones not the 5 or 10 dollar ones) give you an extra 500 credits which are also multiplied on the appropriate days.
  16. Timeraider

True, the only real downside of the full-auto scout rifle is that with the magazine size its almost 1 magazine per kill. Its hard to get multiple kills in a row if you need to keep reloading. Smg might have way short range (i wouldnt shoot it further then 20-25 meters max.) but if you upgrade it.. 35 bullets is kinda really nice :)

Ofcourse if you prefer medium range over very close infiltration combat then smg will be useless.

I did prefer the shadow before SMG's but ey, that one only works if you are sure you can aim for the head well enough.
  17. Bloodmyth

At least we have more options now which is a good thing, I bought the SMG, it's a nasty little git when you get the drop on ppl, but I tend to run with the LA now if I fancy infiltrating, it's a lot more fun ATM. Extended mag is a must.
  18. ThElement078

How is the Soft-point ammo for SMGs? Is there a really big damage increase (or at least quite noticeable)
  19. Timeraider

this is my experience and what i also told my outfit:

Ok, well.. Ive been experimentating with soft point bullets and without soft point bullets.
    Ok... A bit of it does depend on how you play, but i will state some things about it and how i feel with that.

- normally you have 100% dmg up to 10 meters. It then drops off and at about 35-40 meters this gun requires to much bullets to be used at that range effectively anymore.
    With soft point ammo you have 100% dmg up to 15 meters.
    Both do equal dmg up to 10 meters, 10-20 meters soft point is better allowing you to kill people with 1 less bullet. At around 23-25 meters soft point ammo is equal to normal ammo. After that soft point drops off ALOT more dmg then normal bullets making killing enemies very very hard at distances further away then 30 meters.

Bullet velocity is decreased making some slight leading of the target needed at around 20-25 meters (i myself did not notice it really but im used to using silencer so thats already velocity decrease on its own [IMG] )

So in my opinion it depends on what class you are.
    Do you prefer running towards enemies while shooting? Do you prefer sitting in a high tree shooting down? Or do you like having to take time to aim for heads sticking out above fence?
    Take normal armor

You prefer using jetpacks and cloaks to get into enemy buildings? You prefer biolab and techplant fights? (Not including the sad camping of 500 maxes in front of the teleporter rooms). You prefer taking enemies down while being able to see the fear in their eyes?
    Soft point ammo is the thing for you. ( that extra 5 meters can kill that guy your chasing, that guy thats running from you or the guy that just witnessed you kill his friend)
    • Up x 1
  20. Rhinzual

Thank you so much man, I really appreciate it. When is the next triple cash deal?