SMG infiltrators

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mambakiller, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Mambakiller

they need a rework, atm is broken.
    Invisible, with smg OR THE LATEST PISTOLS...some ppl go 12 in 1 k/d with that setup, i don't think is ok for other classes who ahve an invisible man with smg.
    By the time i hear the cloack sound , I KNOW I AM DEAD ! How is that balanced?
    • Up x 6
  2. Fenrisk

Shotgun LA's ---> Shotgun Heavys ---> Shotgun Medics ----> Shotgun Engys ----> SMG Infiltrator
    • Up x 11
  3. Teegeeack

When we die, we hear the cloak sound.
    • Up x 1
  4. Fenrisk

They need to add a Rank requirement for the forums. Set it too around 40.
    • Up x 9
  5. Xind

I'd like to suggest SMG Heavies -> SMG Infiltrator.
    • Up x 3
  6. Mambakiller

he sneak up on you, u dont know ofc, drop A OP BETTY then shoot u with smg....TRUE SKILLS RIGHT THERE
    • Up x 2
  7. Oreo202

Shooting at enemies generally kills them. You may want to try that a few times before you ask for needless nerfs on the forums.

You are foolish if you constantly die to infiltrators with SMGs.
    • Up x 5
  8. Wintermaulz

1. Turn your ears on. Our cloak is quite audible, and ull probably hear us take down your buddy.
    2. Use your eyes, were not perfectly invisible (sadly), and if your on low settings, you see as just as easy as if we didnt have cloak on.
    • Up x 4
  9. NoctD

Bad player is bad player - they have to uncloak to shoot at you. If you haven't spotted them by then, then you need to work on your situational awareness.
    • Up x 1
  10. Bolticus

Not everyone below BR 40 has a horrible opinion....
    I'm BR 30 due to my horrid fps, but I can still contribute to balance threads without complete bias.
    • Up x 4
  11. Caydn

I see them with high settings they easy to spot
    • Up x 1
  12. Xind

Maybe hours played instead of BR? Something like 72?
    • Up x 2
  13. Fenrisk

Mostly sarcasm. Without low BR players who would we argue with on the forums? :p
  14. LT_Latency

Yeah, i think smg inf are the most dangerous class.

They have a amazing close combat weapon and they can get to close range easy by stealthing.
  15. Bape

LA+SMG = :mad:
    LA+shotgun = :mad:
    Infiltrator + SMG = :rolleyes:

IF you die by an infiltrator with SMG you are just sad I can kill any infiltrator with any class. It easy to detect infiltrator once you hear the cloak they are obviously around the area just bait them out. Run around like an idiot and lure them out they can't resist an infantry that has no awareness.
  16. HadesR

It's more fun to get people to chase you over pre-placed BB's .
  17. LT_Latency

No way, if you are a good inf sneaking up on people is not hard, plus you can use the stealth quad as well

Full squads of 5 or 6 of these guys are crazy.
    • Up x 1
  18. Bape

Yes sometimes a infiltrator will get a jump on you but you're acting like it the only class that can do that? I die more to LA then infiltrators. Trust me I know good infiltrator in mattherson and even they can't survive when I see them. Try high or low setting and sound is you're friend.
  19. Purg

I hate them too. Been killed by many of them as well as killed many more of them. I've tried doing it, it's not as easy as it looks. It's an acquired skill. I don't want to see skills like this nerfed because someone had a cry in the forums about them not being balanced.

Especially in the dark, when they cloak they may confuse their position enough for me to not get a decent bead on them to kill them. Reload means my death. Other times I've seen them move in front of me, they're dead almost instantly and they can't return fire unless they de-cloak when they're already at a massive disadvantage. I doubt you'll find an SMG infiltrator than will have a 12:1 KD over the course of a week let alone a few hour game session.
  20. LT_Latency

Yes, you can hear them and turn to fight.

But they are in owange range of the smg now, So when you start shooting they should win if you have equal skill. This is what makes them strong.