SMG Infiltrator

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by VSDieHearted, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Jawarisin

Depends on how good you are. It feels like I'm a jerk, but that's really what it comes down to. If your aim is good, eridani will do wonders. If you're still struggling with that, the sirius is way more forgiving.
  2. Jawarisin

o_O that's because you listened to the WRONG people on the forum, that's all. There's plenty of people talking about things they don't know about. I suggest you take a peak at their stats, it's usually quite telling. There's others which are simply better knowing at how other class react to a weapon, for instance Iridar. He's as far as I know, a very good light assault and knows more than I'd probly ever know about that class, but for infiltrator? Probably not as much as Cutebeaver, and then again, different infiltrators have different playstyles ^^
  3. CuteBeaver

Ultimately this really comes down to how you play.

Example I love the NS-7 PDW for the simple reason it can reach out and touch more things. The extended range offers more "potential" for kills... the price? I become a wet noodle up close. To compensate I pair NS-7 PDW with a hard hitting secondary, soften them at range when its possible and swap to the pistol for a finisher/knife up close. This is actually the setup that got me into knifing. (stalker didn't exist at the time) Why this worked for me "better" was I had the ability to operate from rooftops. NS-7 PDW is the closest thing to a carbine we have. If your not in a tree, or on top of a roof or acting as a support orbiting a squad then clearly a PDW isn't going to be a good idea. Its also worth noting as your aim improves and awareness improves the PDW starts to get into terrible fights over your attention with Scout Rifles. PDW wins when you want mobility however.

If I had to pick between Sirius and Eridani, personally use the Eridani because extended range potential for me is huge. If parkour was not an option, and i had to use a silencer I would still use the Eridani. However I do not silence my Eridani under "normal" circumstances during squad play. I like the recoil pattern for headshots, and if I am pulling an Eridani usually I have allies I can trust to provide a fallback. Speaking of which its a really nice feature to not get weapons locked by hitting your allies. I pull Eridani when forced inside a building with like 75% enemy pop outside... That is pretty much it. For other engagements I'd rather use my crossbow, or even a ghost. Which is another fun point there is nothing stopping you from pairing a Sirius with a Crossbow or Commy. (I do actually run SMG + xbow - again not the Sirius but you get the point.) Having the benefits of both worlds is lovely. Ultimately consider your own strengths, and work from there. If you don't have a squad or friends to save you.... then obviously a silencer is going to be your friend. When I solo'd with my PDW back in the day i would always run that with a silencer. Beware I hate hate hate the recoil pattern with a silenced Sirius. I just can't stand using it like that. Go to the VR room and test it out... its like a bloody vibrator. Test everything out and ask yourself what you honestly feel most confident when using.
  4. Iridar51

I can second that. Was playing a lot with NS7 lately, and the range to which I could reach out surprised me, just as I imagine it surprised my enemies. Not every carbine can shoot that far. Sure they'd do more damage, but fewer bullets would hit due to recoil.

Of course, long range shooting with NS7 is not optimal, but it's nice to have the option. In that regard this weapon is similar to a slug shotgun.
    • Up x 1
  5. VSDieHearted

So is MKV a good choice or Eridani? I think I have quite a good aim and I really hate the recoil pattern of Sirius. I love the short reload time for Eridani and the fire speed of MKV. So I am struggling in between and askin' for help here now. Of course, Eridani will be equipped with suppressor and extended magazine.
  6. breeje

no are you Sirius
    the eridani still have an 143 damage
    so for an ambush on 1 VS 1 it will be the best choice and it will give a little bit more range to kill effective
    if you look at VSDieHearted response of his play style the eridani is the best choice
    and i don't know on what server you play on, but i see the eridani all off the time
    still your also right the sirius will do the job with no problems
    it's what you prefer more bullets or hard hitting bullets
  7. Zoobe

[QUOTEtno are you Sirius he eridani still have an 143 damage
    so for an ambush on 1 VS 1 it will be the best choice and it will give a little bit more range to kill effective
    if you look at VSDieHearted response of his play style the eridani is the best choice
    and i don't know on what server you play on, but i see the eridani all off the time
    still your also right the sirius will do the job with no problems
    it's what you prefer more bullets or hard hitting bullets[/QUOTE]

Yes, I am Sirius.

The problem with all you wrote, is this

Nanoweave 5 Target
    TTK: Eridani: 9 shots to kill, 0.640s
    TTK; Sirius: 10 shots to kill, 0.639s TTK

Yes, Eridani has higher damage per bullet, but has nearly half the damage per mag. With a average players accuracy, that mag size is a huge issue, and is not compensated for anywhere in its stats.

Eridani has higher vertical recoil.
    Eridani has higher random deviation, while Sirius is predictable even if higher base numbers.
    Eridani has lower velocity (so suppressor hurts you more)

But you obviously know better and are advising a first SMG user to blow 1000 certs on a weapon that according to you will suit his play-style better. He only said he likes to play stealthy.

It does not matter what server I play on, or what you think as Sirius has twice the number of kills per month, and double the amount and more of useage out of VS SMGs across all servers. You can see this here quite easily - http://ps2oraclestats.com/monthlystats/
  8. Zoobe

As a suppresed SMG, MKV is far superior with far higher bullet velocity and much better damage stats. No context there, get the MKV
  9. VSDieHearted

I tried MKV and I like the feeling of it. For the Sirius, I hate the recoil pattern which goes up and left and right. About Eridani's mag size is quite small for sure but the good recoil pattern for me and the shortest short reload time is great. And need not to think about the performance in other classes as I seldom play other class.
  10. Casey B

Sirius recoil is a non-issue, you should use it like a shotgun; hipfire only. With adv laser sight you'd be surprised how far you can hipfire people from accurately. More importantly, in CQC situations where the enemy is running through you and around you, having 50 bullets is a godsend. For that reason I only have the NV scope attached for situations like smoke or really dark areas.
    • Up x 2