SMG infiltrator help!

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by ElzitoNC, Jan 22, 2015.

1. ElzitoNC

I play cqc infiltrator for the Terran Republic and am nearing 1000 certs. I was wondering if I should buy an SMG first or the commisioner/underboss. Which weapon would you guys recommend buying first? I have been using the soas 20 instead of an SMG and the default terran pistol silenced and with a laser sight. Also which secondary would you recommend for my kind of play style, the underboss or commisioner?
    Thanks in advance

-Elzito
  2. blzbug

Well, you titled the thread "SMG Infiltrator", so I think you answered your question about what to buy :) The Repeater is a great pistol. Don't spend any certs on pistol until you have upgraded lots of other stuff. Cloak, motion spotter, claymores, suit slot, etc. Regarding which SMG to buy, armistice and PDW both have their merits. You're worried about pistols because of the craptacular 24 round mag of the soas-20. Pick up extended mags for the smg, then you won't have to be pulling out your sidearm constantly.
    • Up x 1
  3. HORNYBOSS

SMG, obviously, and by SMG i mean Armistice.
    • Up x 1
  4. ElzitoNC

5. I_am_the_kiwi

Armistice or PDW hailstorm with laser sight. I have auraxiumed all SMGs and i dont think you can go wrong either way. Armistice runs through ammo like crazy, and the PDW hailstorm, though slightly slower, has twice the size of magazine.

Kiwi
  6. ezaroo

I would suggest starting with the hailstorm, yes armistice will teach you to aim slightly better but when you later switch to the hailstorm from it you will feel like you are less able to kill things. Where as the hailstorm is very effective at killing things, especially if is the first smg you use. Then the armistice will feel better. Note it isn't actually much better but moving down slightly always feels worse than moving up slightly.

Hailstorm first!
  7. breeje

can't go wrong with the hailstorm
    only you will need to get the feeling for it
    it was my first auraxium but it's still my favorite weapon in the game
  8. Iridar51

THAT IS HERESY!
    [IMG]

Seriously, guys, how can you say that? I have auraxiums with Armistice and NS-7, used Cyclone and Blitz, currently working through Hailstorm (~600 kills done so far), and I have to say that it's one of the worst ******* weapons in the game!

Whenever I use it, it just feels like it doesn't have any killing power whatsoever. Good thing it has so much ammo, because with that horrible damage and recoil, it takes half a mag just to take out one guy at any meaningful distance.
    • Up x 2
  9. Dualice

Have to say I agree with Iridar, auraxed all SMGs except Blitz/Cyclone and the Hailstorm was the most painful by far.

However for the sake of self-preservation it might actually be better to get the Hailstorm out of the way first, as ezaroo suggests. Going from the Farmistice to that thing is not easy.
  10. MrGrampybone

Iridar has the right of it. The failstom is utter crap. It makes the NS-7 and MKV Suppressed look lika a ******* Orion.
    • Up x 1
  11. blzbug

The one thing I did like about the Failstorm was when a max was around. It is a fat target, so the accuracy issues are mitigated. Dumping 60 rounds into the max really takes a chunk off it's health.

Ok, 2 things. The nutsack-doubletap loading animation made me laugh :D
    • Up x 2
  12. ezaroo

The mention of meaningful range in a thread about smg infiltrator is the reason you don't like the hailstorm, it's meant to kill things from 10 m away... No further!

As I said, in a lot of places the armistice feels stronger. If you only go for 1 v 1 the armistice is king. If you go for 1 v 2 it is 50/50 depends on aim but 1 v3 hen the armistice will get you killed, the hailstorm let's you go for that little group around the medic and you will do very well coming from behind

The guns aren't meant for the same job! However it does seem easier to switch from hailstorm to armistice, people who go the other way hate the hailstorm and cry and post on forums about how bad it is and how anyone that likes it is an idiot. Where as the other way round people say both are pretty good...
  13. MrGrampybone

OP has been saving up 1k certs to get an SMG or Commisioner/Underboss. People then tell him to get the hailstorm first because it is the worst of them all so it will be easier later.
    Maybe OP just wants a good SMG for his 1k certs and not a piece of **** like the failstorm.
    But sure if he wants to auraxium them all then by all means start with the hailstorm because it can only get easier from there.

As for range I felt the only way I could use it was like a crappy carbine as it wasnt powerful enough close up to use as a smg. I auraxiumed it that way.
  14. Jawarisin

Well, if 1k cert is that hard to get for him, the hailstorm will be better anyways because it will be more forgiving on accuracy. Also, it's just really more newb-friendly. Both weapon kill, and going for the hailstorm first is logic, because going to the armistice afterwards is going to be nice. I've had the other way around for both VS and NC. In the end I ended up HATING the PDW and MKV (although I did good with the mkv...) because they felt like bubble guns. Hell, in honor of passing that terrible stage, I renamed my main class "Not a bubble gun". Considering how much I played and my average kph being way way higher than average, I wouldn't wish on a newer player to have to go through the same process of hating a gun but having it last twice as long.