SMG INFILTRATOR BUILDS

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by GnosticMonk, Aug 16, 2020.

1. GnosticMonk

Militia

The main strategy is point control. The Cyclone is set up for close to mid-range engagements allowing you to provide cover fire from a control point or to protect yourself and the control point from the other side of the room. The NS-45 side arm is set up to allow the defender to point it at a doorway and drop intruders by filling the doorway with bullets. The defensive strategy is to provide longevity by beefing up the defender’s health as well as their resistances to common types of damages found in close quarters control point engagements such as small arms fire and grenades.
    · AF-4 Cyclone
    o Reflex Sight 2x
    o Suppressor
    o Advanced Laser Sight
    · NS-45 Pilot
    o Reflex Sight 1X
    o Advanced Laser Sight
    · Motion Spotter
    · Nano-Armor Cloaking
    · Flak Armor
    · Frag Grenade
    · Bouncing Betty
    · Carver
    · Regeneration
    · Symbiote
    · Ordnance Dampener

Raider
    The strategy for the raider is that of a grenadier. Infiltrators have special access to the EMP style grenade which lowers enemy shield and disables common defensive deployables. The Raider is designed to maximize the strategic possibilities of the EMP Grenades in close quarters engagements. The main weapon, the NS-66 Punisher, is set up to allow you to use the Grenade Launcher attachment to throw several extra EMPs which only jam enemy defenses. The side arm is step-up for close quarters engagements and is best used to fire into doorways when your main weapon is out of ammo. The implants allow you to resist the effects of your own EMP grenades should you mess up a throw. This also allows you to do a last ditch, quasi-suicide bombing run in which you toss a grenade then immediately charge the enemy position. As the EMP Grenade explodes you will end up with more shield than your foe and you can exploit your foe’s lack of shield to kill them then recharge your own shield and move to the next engagement.
    · NS-66 Punisher
    · Reflex Sight 2x
    · Suppressor
    · Adaptive Class Underbarrel Launcher
    · Laser Sight
    · High Velocity Ammunition
    · NS-61 Emissary
    o Reflex Sight 1X
    o Laser Sight
    · Motion Spotter
    · Nano-Armor Cloaking
    · Grenade Bandolier
    · EMP Grenade
    · Auxiliary Shield
    · Carver
    · Ocular Shield
    · Bionics
    · Ordnance Dampener

Irregular
    Irregulars’ main duty is to act as a Sunderer guard. The Cyclone is set up almost exclusively for mid-range engagements and allows you to put some distance between you, your allied Sunderer and your opponents and take important positions such as rock piles or hills. The LA8 Rebel is also set up for close to mid-range engagements and has a silencer which along with your cloak will allow you to escape in the event your main weapon is empty. Bouncing Betties allow you to reinforce strategic points against enemy heavy infantry. The implants allow you to resist explosives from hostile tanks while in the gunner seat of a Sunderer or while driving a Flash. Recon is a big part of this build and the user should not hesitate to put a Motion Spotter down right next to the Sunderer ASAP to allow you to pay attention to the Sunderer if you or your allies are taken away from it.
    · AF-4 Cyclone
    o 3.4x Scope
    o Compensator
    o Forward Grip
    o Soft Point Ammunition
    · LA8 Rebel
    o Reflex Sight 2X
    o Suppressor
    o Laser Sight
    · Motion Spotter
    · Nano-Armor Cloaking
    · Nanoweave Armor
    · Frag Grenade
    · Bouncing Betty
    · Amaterasu
    · Response Jacket
    · Jockey
    · Caltrop

Guerrilla
    The Guerrilla is an odd set-up for and SMG style Infiltrator in that it makes use of distances that would be considered extreme for an SMG Infiltrator to assault enemy positions in the open spaces between bases. It does this in two ways. The Punisher, which is the main weapon for this build is set-up for medium/long distances and allows you to charge an enemy position or provide cover fire but the main long range power comes from the special Blackhand side arm which is a long range pistol. The main engagement distance for this class comes at distances from 40m-90m which combined with the implants allow you to do hit and run style assaults with the Punisher or to take advantage of elevations in your environment with the Blackhand pistol and your cloak to set up medium range sniper nests. Lastly you can use the Motion Spotter to monitor strategic positions and choke points out in the open fields.
    · NS-66 Punisher
    o 3.4x Scope
    o Compensator
    o Soft Point Ammunition
    · NS-44L Blackhand
    o 4x Scope
    · Motion Spotter
    · Nano-Armor Cloaking
    · Adrenaline Pump
    · Frag Grenade
    · Auxiliary Shield
    · Amaterasu
    · Catlike
    · Survivalist
    · Flash XS-1 Spawn

Mercenary
    The Mercenary build has one goal which to gain the upper hand in close range, one on one engagements with every type of class up to the MAX including enemy Heavy Assaults. It does this by maxing out small arms fire resistance and combines a small shield boost with the Auxiliary Shields. This class is heavily dependent on the user’s ability to rack up at least several kills before a death. The weapons are set up to allow for maximum hip-firing accuracy which maximizes mobility as well as close range aiming to score quick headshots.
    · MGR-S1 Gladius
    o Reflex Sign 1x
    o Laser Sight
    o SPRW Ammunition
    · NS-357 Underboss
    o Reflex Sight 1X
    o Laser Sight
    · Motion Spotter
    · Nano-Armor Cloaking
    · Nano Weave Armor
    · Frag Grenade
    · Auxiliary Shield
    · Carver
    · Safeguard
    · Phylactery
    · Ordnance Dampener

Saboteur
    The Saboteur is built to help ally Heavy Assaults deal with tanks and Sunderers by putting pressure on enemy armor columns in the form of ambushes. Essentially using your cloak allows you to sneak up to a vehicle and put several explosive crossbow bolts into an enemy MAX or vehicle at a distance before retreating and ambushing your foe from a different location. I would like to stress that this loadout is best used in conjunction with at least one squad mate who is a HA because, as an Infiltrator, you cannot go toe to toe with heavy armor in a one on one engagement. You can use caltrops to help direct enemy armor movement by setting them up in strategic locations along with the Motion Spotter. This class is great for hunting Sunderers as well.
    · NS-66 Punisher
    o 3.4X Scope
    o Suppressor
    o Adaptive Class Underbarrel Launcher
    o Laser Sight
    o High Velocity Ammunition
    · Hunter QCX
    o 6X Scope
    o Explosive Bolts
    · Motion Spotter
    · Nano-Armor Cloaking
    · Flak Armor
    · Frag Grenade
    · Auxiliary Shield
    · Amaterasu
    · Response Jacket
    · Ammo Printer
    · Caltrop

Operative
    The Operative build is the ultimate in recon. This build gives you two options for detecting enemy movements in an area by using the Detect Bolts of the crossbow for extended ranges as well as opening the option for the motion detector to surveil strategic points and quickly responding. This loadout is designed for team play and is best used in a squad. Communication is also the key to this build. This load out allows you to stay in the back of the main fighting and keep an eye on enemy movements while you update your squad mates as well as acting as a quick flanker to protect your team’s flank or to put pressure on an enemy position from the side. This build is ideal for a fire team leader and allows you to switch up your plans on the fly. This loadout is also good for hunting down enemy flankers, snipers and other Infiltrators by using the Counter Intelligence implant. You also have access to EMP Grenades through the Punisher and this allows you to help disable enemy defensive deployables.

· NS-66 Punisher
    o Reflex Sight 2X
    o Suppressor
    o Class Adaptive Under Barrell Launcher
    o Laser Sight
    o High Velocity Ammunition
    · Hunter QCX
    o 6X Scope
    o Detect Bolt
    · Nano-Armor Cloaking
    · EMP Grenade
    · Nanoweave Armor
    · Auxiliary Shield
    · Amaterasu
    · Infravision
    · Counter Intelligence
    · Hardlight Canopy
  2. GnosticMonk

Also this is for NC SMG Infiltrators.
  3. GnosticMonk

I guess I posted this to get some feed back but mainly I wanted to give newer players a spring board of tested loadouts to try.
  4. csvfr

I think the SMG attachments are a bit odd. At least on the Cyclone and Gladius (I have not used the Punisher much), they are SMGs and are as such tailored for close quarter combat. They benefit maximally from soft point ammunition which should always be attached, especially considering that the damage dropoff at mid range is so high that it is usually not even worth shooting.
    • Cyclone 167 before 6m - 100 after 46m
    • Gladius 200 before 6m - 112 after 50m
    The SMG infiltrators job is to overcome this weakness, and for this I use a maxed out Sensor Shield implant in combination with Regeneration. It allows a maximally stealthy play where it is easy to sneak out to heal up or do precision flanking aided by the recon tools. When the enemy can't see me neither visually or by radar but I know exactly where they are, that is a genuine advantage. To capitalize on this further I use the nanoweave armor and nanoarmor cloaking to ensure equality in hitpoints.

As for the other attachments, I go with an extended magazine on the Cyclone to be able to endure prolonged firefights, or even take out 2 enemies without being reliant on the sidearm. The 10 extra bullets are worth more than a slightly tighter crosshair, seeing that within hipfire range the unmodified crosshair is narrow enough to aim for the head and when spraying it is usually just 1 or 2 extra bullets which are missed. On the Gladius a laser sight is the only reasonable choice, along with the hybrid supressor.
    • Up x 1
  5. brutes359

Meh. I just think they should add a scope that lets you spot infiltrators when cloaked. make it an enclosed scope so that you give up your peripherals by using it. but able to spot them from a good distance away. if they add that. ill carry a bruiser hold out with me every day of the week just to put it on.
  6. Exitus Acta Probat

They should make a scope that eliminates a heavy assaults over shield, but make it a enclosed scope so that you give up your peripherals by using it.

It would be like Franks Hot Sause, I'd put that **** on everything.