SMG Analysis

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rigsta, Jul 20, 2013.

1. The King

I'd rather the RoF stay the same, just increase the ammo by a little..
  2. Messaiga

Ammo is a TR thing, so I don't think that is plausible.
  3. The King

That's right. I thought I read from someone's post somewhere here that stated that they had 40. heh.
    I guess they already have just 30 so having 30 wouldn't make much sense.
  4. S0LAR15

Alot more than gold medal winners coached by people who never even did the same sport.
  5. GoogleIntern2013

Aaaand what do you know, VS gets shafted AGAIN

Lol. Please screw over VS more Higby. I can't wait when you devs lose your jobs
  6. Eclipson

I don't really like the Hailstorm, i'm one of those few TR that vastly prefers the Armistace for its insane rate of fire, but it is defiantly nice to have options on opposite sides of the spectrum though for once. To bad other TR weapons don't have that kind of diversity.
    • Up x 1
  7. HerpTheDerp

Holy wall of words batman.

Shame it's all worthless because you decided to use the in-game stats which only show half of actual weapon stats.
  8. Rigsta

Well, the Sirius is a really good SMG so we're hardly screwed over. Those of us (well some of us at least) who bought the Eridani feel a bit robbed though, true.

Good, that means you have something to base your assertion on.

He didn't. For whatever reason, he chose to dismiss my statements outright and then go on to claim that all the 1st-gen SMGs have a better TTK, and oh they're not worth bothering with anyway. I demonstrated why the "facts" he asserted were not credible.

And I did answer his "argument". Before he even posted it, in fact. The entire OP is a discussion about how the various SMGs measure up against each other, one of the key factors being accuracy and recoil. I even quoted part of it since he seemed to have missed it. Posting a link to my own stats was for the purpose of backing up my argument, since the detailed discussion in the OP didn't seem to be enough.

To answer your argument:

Using the forward grip has allowed me to get kills with the Sirius that I would not have otherwise been able to get. The loss of the ALS means that hipfire is noticeable, but the gun still hipfires very well and ADS is noticeably better. As I keep saying, it works for me. It might not work for you, but I encourage you to try it if you haven't already.

Heck, the 4th reply is a guy saying the TR Hailstorm isn't accurate enough. There's an attachment for that :)
  9. Rigsta

EDIT: Thanks to AnuErebus for pointing out (on Reddit) that the Blitz & Cyclone's stats are switched on the NC table/spreadsheet snippet. I can't edit the OP to correct it, unfortunately.

Thanks.

I discussed TTK, recoil, effective range, mag size, reload speed and attachment choices. Which stats or other factors do you feel would have made the analysis more relevant?
  10. GhostAvatar

Try this out, it even accounts for bullet travel time in its TTK;

https://ps2model-axiom.rhcloud.com/
  11. gunfox

You say the TR wins, yet the VS Sirius is pretty much a straight upgrade to both TR smgs?
    As always the VS gets the best stuff, with a completely over the top 2nd gen smg.

The Sirius is the single best SMG in the game, across ALL factions. Yet the VS are somehow screwed again and desperately need a buff? Yeah, business as usual.
    • Up x 1
  12. Rigsta

Ah cool, I didn't know someone had made one of those for infantry. Thanks for that.
  13. Psykmoe

But I was agreeing with you that it was silly for the guy I quoted to dismiss the foregrip on an SMG??
  14. Torok

after reading through all your review i have only this to say, why the hell the eridani magazine is only 25?
    small magazines should be an NC Trait o_O

and anyway... I want this now.
    [IMG]
  15. Kurohagane

Hah, reminds me of the fact that i bought Eridani just because the model is such a beauty and the Sirius was pretty ugly to me - the "shine" on it made it look like molded plastic imo. I was fully aware that Sirius was almost objectively better, but i did it anyways. Now i kinda regret it tho.
  16. Zotamedu

I stopped reading at forward grip on the TR SMGs. Such a waste of an attachment. The problem is not the recoil, that is quite controllable. The problem is the huge COF. The forward grip is useless on the TR SMG.
  17. Kurohagane

The foward grip only minimises horizontal recoil, not the vertical recoil.
  18. Zotamedu

Making it even more useless on an SMG.
  19. Kurohagane

Actually the point is, SMG's have very little vertical recoil and they often tend to snap back and forth from the horizontal one.
  20. Xhaleon

I find the Sirius to be out of place on the SMG hierarchy, it is a 50/250 ammo weapon rather than 40/240, which would have completed the series and probably make it a little easier to balance the Eridani against it.