[Suggestion] Small weekly events to keep people playing.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kristan, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Kristan

For now I took a break from PS2 and currently playing Mechwarrior Online. This game is rather old as well, lost most of the player base, barely holding alive, yet keeps enough players to keep the matches running. What I liked that they have implemented the system of weekly mini events for players to accomplish to get some prizes. Some of that is Exp, some of that is ingame money, some cosmetic items, but even some bits of real cash (DBC equivalent) and premium time. Those mini events go for about 4-5 days. And I'd say I'm more interested to go to play MWO to complete the event tasks, rather than going to PS2 for nothing but a couple of certs.

PS2 have exact same mechanic that could be used the same way, to get people grinding for actual rewards, may it be certs, ISO, implant packs, cosmetics and DBC. Something simple to accomplish, no exotic mechanics like running people over with ATV equipped with certain cosmetic item. Killing, scouting, getting specific ribbons.
    • Up x 1
  2. AllRoundGoodGuy

Weekly quests, I like it. Honestly, it seems like a lot of games have some sort of weekly quest to earn some free stuff.
  3. Beerbeerbeer

World of Tanks has something that is similar. Like double experience for your first game played per tank, weekly missions, etc.

It’s a good way to keep players engaged and playing.
  4. minhavez1

Not bad.

I would see it having type of quests like :
    - Kill XX many players / type's of players (medics, engi) per week/day.
    - Kill xx many air / ground targets.
    - Conquer xx many territory's per week/dady
    - Win xx amount of alerts

etc..
    I would love to get this in the game. Including as said a reward for completing it, sweet little upgrades/cosmetics/boosts etc..
  5. TR5L4Y3R

i said it before i say it again, PS 2 does not do a good job when it comes to archivements/ directives to get a fair ammount of xp out of it .. it however isn´t even nessesary to get DBC at all from minievents like it is the case with MW:O were you can get MC as a reward for completing "directives"..
    the thing with MW:O over PS 2 is that it has like a thausand mechvarriants you can unlock and to be able to even get more mechs you need mechbays that cost MC/cash ... which if you want a sort of equivalent would be similar to having more loadoutslots or maybe characterslots ..

yes PS2 could do with weekly or daily events that give extra xp or certs for finishing fairly easy to complete goals .. but as said you already have these with directives .. at best these events give you a little boost .. maybe they give you some temporary reward like a 24 hour xp boost ...

but the thing is players already get rewards for finishing alarms ... that ranges from decals to xp to iso .. even vehiclecosmetics ..

another thing to consider is the ammount of customisabily between the 2 games ... and not only the basechassy of mechs can vary but the variants of them have a clear difference in performance and capability even with a similar loadouts ..

in PS2 you already have access to classes and vehicles with a default loadout, in MW:O you have to purchase your first mech of choice and have only 4 mechbays at the start aside from 5 rotating trialmechs .. soo again how rewarding should events then be? you can´t unlock different types of vehicles but only cosmetics for them that don´t change their performance .. you can´t choose between different performanceslots to exchange speed for more firepower or armor f.e. ..

so yea rather than events i would want dbg to rework their directivesystem ... cause daily or weekly events in MW:O are more or less that, directives ..

otherwise you already have double xp events for PS2 ..
  6. Kristan

First of all, I do not think that alert system works. Because people have to invest a huge amount of time for, most of times, basically nothing, because their faction gets double teamed, or they get apathetic to play the alert, or make strategic mistakes. So after an hour they end up with 50 certs and 50 ISO. Just great.

Second, directives as they are now do not provide sufficient rewards and require heavier grind. Not worth it to make it as a goal for continuous play.

We need something casual, something that people wouldn't even bother for, but would work as pleasant bonus. Something that would get free players motivated if they wish to have cosmetic items of their own, but not ready to invest real money. Human psychology works towards short term goals, rather than long term goals. So giving little bits, but often, would keep people stimulated.
  7. TR5L4Y3R

as i said MW:O events are short term directives already .. make PS2 general directives just as archieveable .. primarily in the dealing damage area ... can´t go any more caual than that ..
  8. Scrundle

Bring back rabbit ball!
    And sandstorms!
    And earthquakes!