[Suggestion] Small Suggestions

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Verviedi, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Verviedi

Post small suggestions here, like the following.
    Could infantry HS/NV scopes be blue and yellow like vehicle thermal?
    Compensators should emit visible gas when firing.
  2. CipherNine

If there are more than 12 players on both sides in region(100m around cap points to prevent cheesing) then spawn queue should become active. If you outnumber the enemy more than 15% or so you have to wait in queue to spawn so both sides field roughly equal numbers on the battlefield no matter the population imbalance.

Tactics > strategy (zerging)
    And you can't have tactics if it is trumped by numbers.
  3. Verviedi

Just thought of this one-
    The Phaseshift's projectile velocity should be increased by about 100 m/s
  4. Yeahy

NV scopes suck on esamir.
  5. Renuse

Overpowering your opponent is a tactic.

Forcing both sides to 'fight evenly' will not work. Say MC are camping spawn with equal number of tanks to the number in the spawn room. Not going to work for the spawn room people. Ever. Theyd have to leave hex and come in from somehwere else (which is also a tactic) and then attack from outside the spawn room, hell even the territory. Your whole argument is blown to the wind with that.

Keep in mind the majority of large zergs are not even remotely organized or have any quardination too them. Its just people doing what they want. Hell most dont even have mics.

Also, what if your squad cant spawn in cause there is a 'que' to even play in the hex. That completely eliminates the possibility of a tactical response from a squad, much less a platoon.

Also note that if its a hex with three lattices, after the cap the large atttacking force would (if organized) split up most likely or send more pop to a priority fight. Those are tactics.

Why in the heck would we want to not let players spawn in a place in a more limited fashion than it already is???

I think you just dont like fighting in areas where the pop is so heavily stacked against you. In that case leave, FORTUNATELY, no que is telling you that you cant move go somewhere else on the map simply because there are pop differences.. Or dont spawn in the spawn room.

Your suggestion is not a good one in anyway.
  6. Thardus

Aircraft HUDs should be visible against the sky.
  7. Renuse

NV stands for Night Vision. Night vision amplifies ambient light (the light outside) and then allows you to 'see in the dark' even using NV during the day IRL shows you nothing but a green screen. Its much worse in the snow, since the snow is reflecting light as well. You will be warned not to use the NV issued because such a large amount of light being amplified can damage the NV device.

Thermals are pretty wack in game as well. It should be White Hot and Black Cold. Keeping that in mind though youll have problems with heat and cold signatures in extreme enviornments, such as indar and esamir.
  8. tf2hero

OPTIMIZATION

is that small?
    • Up x 1
  9. Renuse

Having more crap covering my FOV doesnt sound smart or good. Rather not have my speed covering a potential infantry kill.
  10. Lection

make two different scopes out of the NV/HS scope by separating the night vision from the heat seeking, just like the vehicles have. Clearly the NV scope would see further and cost less certs (but have the same clarity as the NV/HS scope does now, but green) and the HS scope would see clearer (as in the heated targets would be yellow and the non-heated targets would be blue) and cost more certs (with the register distance being much like the NV/HS scope has now).

My thought on how much each should cost (respectfully in certs only) is:
    • the NV scope= 50+ certs
    • the HS scope= 200+ certs
    Is there a reason why this wasn't implemented for infantry that I'm not seeing? Just a little curious.
  11. Renuse

IDK man. The current scope is an abortion of effort. Doesnt make any sense and has very little thought put into what it really is.
  12. Lection

You know what? I'm going to make a thread on the matter i just brought up. Maybe i can convince SoE to look more into the potential of this scope.

Thanks for triggering the idea Renuse
  13. -Synapse-

Planetside 1's voice macro system.

• Up x 1
  14. Thardus

Actually, I was sarcastically referring to the fact that the Vanu have to deal with Sky Blue HUDs in their aircraft. What you have in bright red, we have in the exact same shade as the sky.
  15. CipherNine

In 55v48 if attackers decide to focus their attack on least defended base entrance then that is tactic. If a platoon of 48 people join that 55v48 fight then that is zerging.

Fact is as long as numbers trump tactics people will never bother with executing better tactics. Why bother with elaborate squad tactics when you can optimize numbers? It is both easier and more effective.

But if the current system is fun for you then there is no point discussing our preferences. I don't see any fun in overpowering other faction with 50% more population. You apparently see some strategic minigame in that.
  16. emedes

change the decoy granades for decoy mines, (once u press it, a bot that shoot for 0 dmg appear)
  17. Radh

I want more immersive things, an animation when infil is hacking something - right hand fingers clicking on hacking pad thing on left arm and more (repairing by engie etc).
  18. Renuse

Zergs are cool sometimes, it is interesting to see 100 people ghost cap a base. You do realize there are ways to break zergs too, with as little as a fire team if youve got the time and they arent too organized. You can do anything if you put your mind too it.

Im a huge proponent of tactical play. I only lead tactical squads. I rarely operate in over popped areas, or even 48+ Fights, and when I do its for one point, positions, or to break the zerg. Sometimes I bring in enough people to bump the pop in our favor. IE your zerging, when its actually a counter attack. (Just so you know) Im a Marine vet who lead teams and squads in real battles, as well as the fact that I belong to one of the most tactical outfits on TR Connery, maybe even cross servers. I know what brains, skill, and will power can bring to a fight.Your barking up the wrong branch.

What you are trying to propose is another locking mechanic on the territory spawns. There already is one in place. Ever wonder why you can t spawn directly into a fight from another territory not adjacent when we outpop them? Thats the mechanic. Your grand idea is already in play on a large scale. Making it anynmore localised would take from the game experience as well as whats it is advertised as.

In an open map battle space the flux and flow of population, reading it, and responding to it is what platoon leaders and squad leaders are supposed to do. Planetside never sleeps, but Outfits and good leaders do. They cant always counter the mindless zergs, and they dont always have the man power or time. Most the time they dont bother, simply because its the nature of the beast, regular people join, amd zerg. I guess its fun or makes them feel good to be apart of something big. One might even say they are experiencing what only planet side gan give them. Large scale battles on huge maps with combined arms...

Your trying to apply traditional fps play with a large scale open world map that has a constantly fluctuating population. If you want set teams go scrim or play CoD.

Yes crushing another platoon with your own is a tactic. It works. Its called overwhelming the enemys defense's. Maintaining that pop there? Idk, if it was a tactical decision they might just be getting ready to split their forces, or have it as a casual holding place while their squad leaders are kindan the real objective area waiting to issue the order to redeploy and drop. Or they could be faking out the enemy via pop counting. Or intimidating them. Or just maybe its a random bunch of nobodies moving up a lattice, having fun driving a buss full of their Skype buddies and joking around. It is a game, it also offers an intersting social enviornment.

Who are you to suggest limiting peoples spawn locations simply because you want an even fight? How can you say its even if you calculate player skill into the pop. 48+ Of recursion? How much effort do you think thatll take to dislodge when they are dug in on point with scat maxes? If you have poor players whats your best method of attack? If you had 4 guys and were figting a squad of OP4 that was running ops and your pop was locked while your 8 other pubbies who were 'allowed' to spawn in dint even know how to play? Great balance right there.

Look up tactics and strategy. And commander worth his salt will know where to put his guys and how to work the pop issues out.

Trying to limit pop in fights forcefully will only make people frustraited and take from people who want to play certain ways. This can be practice against overwhelming odds, crazy solo play, large scale tactics ( like looking at the whole map, not just one hex out of a whole battle front). I can only imagine how painfully long it would take two groups of unskilled people to fight for a base with its pop locked. It could potentially be hours and hours. It still happens with a free reign. 'Tactically' its depressing, but fun wise? Some people are down there having the time of their lives.

Who are you to limit that?

Pardon any error, im on my phone.
  19. WUNDER8AR

the answer is in your sig lol
  20. Renuse

Your a BR9.

Youve got about a 0.9 KDR, youve killed 82 players total, and you last login time was more than 60 days ago. Im hoping that this is an alt, otherwise I dont think you have much right to be lecturing long time PS2 players..