Slug Sniping

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by RayDrazon, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Xander Payne

Hell yeah I love sniping with my slug shotgun. The Acc can be a bit tough to hit way out there(While moving), but I've killed with it at max visible range on the IR/NV scope plenty of times. Def need to stop moving though when your sniping with it
  2. Sevre

I have three loadouts for LA:

1: buckshot +extended mag for all close range engagement.
    2: Slugs + 4x zoom + extra mag for mid to long range engagements.
    3: Slugs + NV + extra mag for night time.

Depending on the battle and my expected average distance of engagement. If I'm going into towers or buildings, first build. If we're still fighting to get inside the base I'm going a sniper loadout. The most important thing to master with Slugguns is to use your mobility to put you into unexpected sniping areas. If you're shotgun sniping and not playing LA, you're doing it wrong. With LA you get into a tree, can sneak BEHIND their frontline and have a field day with sniping them in the back. Your potential angle of assault is amazing. If youre sluggun sniping by your fellow infils, ur doing it wrong.
  3. nginferno

I'm TR, and im wondering if the slugs are worth it on my nighthawk that i just got today. I've seen enough sluggun sniping videos and i wonder if i should drop 100 certs for it on a tr shotty. I dont know if it works on an TR auto shotty at all and i dont really wanna risk 100 certs so any info would be nice :D
  4. Ghoest

I dont care for the slugs in the auto shotguns at all.

You can use trigger control to use it as a semi but its not ideal.
  5. Sevre

Yeah, I made the mistake of getting the nighthawk. It's fine for short range, but I wouldn't invest slugs in it. It has limited utility, compared to the Haymaker.
  6. GSZenith

Oh well at least "inf" can...hack better than LA.
  7. Wily

Nah. If the shotguns got a 6x scope, that might be a valid point. Infs still do it better, it's just possible to do alright with an LA and a shotty.
  8. Wolfwood82

To ease your miserable pain, I have a story to tell!

We were defending Crossroads Watchtower and I had gotten it into my head to give slug sniping another go, since I hadn't done much of it yet. Got myself up on a little tower overlooking B and took advantage of the night scene with a IR/NV scope and slugs loaded into my nighthawk (recurring theme anyone?). Honestly I did pretty damn good taking out quite a few people. Ran out of ammo and went back to load up, got back into position and popped a few more. I had great cover, my shots didn't have tracers, and only a couple of people tried shooting me. My response was to back up around the tower a bit and get out of their line of fire, and shoot them from the other side.

The only thing that took me out was a infiltrator who I had hit twice but couldn't finish off before he slipped behind a tree and I went on my merry way sniping others. He had plenty of time to line up a head shot and took me out with a single bullet. You guys do it better.

Needless to say I have a bit more respect for slug sniping now. It's not the best method I use, or the most effective, but it might end up becoming a load out sooner or later.