Slightly concerned about the new ESAV weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Armor9D, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Armor9D

Since the new ESAV weapons will be available to harassers, I am concerned that harassers may become a bit too good at AV warfare. While I like the idea of a mobile, fragile, tank destroyer/ambush vehicle, I do not believe that Harassers should be able to take on light tanks in a stand-up fight, especially considering their comparative nanite costs. They are incredibly difficult to hit, and can deal damage to me faster than I can damage them with anything other than an AP Python. Even with an AP Python, if I miss even one shot, I'm pretty much toast. Perhaps increasing the velocity of other tank guns will help some, but I can't help but feel that Harassers are much harder to "counter" than any of the other vehicles. As it is, while they can be annoying, I do not feel that they are strong enough to disrupt game balance. However, i fear these new, longer range AV weapons may disrupt that balance, and make the Lightning much more impractical to use, while Harassers take over the LIghtning's niche.

If you feel differently, or feel that you have something important to contribute, please explain so I can better understand whether or not my concern is justified.
    • Up x 2
  2. Plastikfrosch

1. its 2 guys in the harasser and only 1 guy in the light tank and if you try to solo your harasser that wont be possible so its fair because the efforts of 2 people working together coordinated should be worth more than the efforts of 1 person.
    2. if that concerns you: 1LA = 0 nanites, 1 ***** of C4 = 75nanites (or 2 for 150 if you want to be sure to get what you want) while 1 max or 1 MBT cost 450nanites and you can kill them both with a lot less expensive gear.
    ---> if you want to purely outpower your enemy you haver to pay more, if you want to outsmart him its cheaper most of the time.

No, the new NC and VS weapons will be close range, only the TR variant is a more long range variant but after what i have seen on the PTS its not that fearsome.
  3. ColonelChingles

Really Harassers should be a 2HK with all tank cannon, with one hit from any cannon doing at least 65% damage. AP should probably go up to 85% or so.

In that way after a single hit, the Harasser crew must make a decision to stay or leave. This would be a real risk in terms of the Vulcan's TTK. They could stay and try for the kill, or they could try to flee.
    • Up x 1
  4. Armor9D

I feel that one solution could be to buff the Archer against Harassers, making it less of a niche weapon and providing a platform for delivering damage to harassers at range. (It would be a good idea to buff Archer bullet velocity in this case, however.)
  5. JohnGalt36

I'm extremely concerned, and basically second everything the OP and Chingles said.
  6. Imp C Bravo

I think the issue with the Harasser power is that they have high damage, high mobility, are difficult to hit, are usually not able to be fired on by many sources at once, and at the same time can take a fair amount of damage. THEN you can add the back seat which can have an engie or HA or Max or whatever. I think all of those things combined make it an issue.

If everything performs as well as the vulcan you may well marginalize tankers completely.
  7. Klabauter8

I don't have a problem with the new weapons. The Vulcan is also not a problem for me, when you know how to deal with them.

But what I find really pretty dumb is that they give the Harasser new weapons although it already has plenty of them, while other vehicles like Valkyries or Flashes still hardly have any weapons at all.