SKILL NO SKILL SKILLED UNSKILLED. It's going nowhere.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Earthman, Nov 18, 2013.

1. wolfva

Skill is like....being a Senior in Jr. High. There you are, top of the food chain! All the other little dweebs...the freshmen and sophomoes...they have to do what YOU say. You are...A SENIOR! Then you graduate and go to HighSchool. Where you're now at the bottom of the food chain. Up until you become a Senior again and you're riding high! Then...you go to college. Rinse and repeat. Of course, you finally get to your senior year of college and now the world is YOURS! Accept you graduate and you're right back at the bottom.

What I mean is, you're only 'skilled' until you meet someone more skilled. Then you're a noob. Or a freshman. Same thing.
    • Up x 1
  2. MrMurdok

Lookie here, broseph. See this? That's my Forumside k/d and score/hour, I am obviously much more Forumside savvy than you are and hence totally invalidate your opinion, thoughts and dreams, go post in the Tech section or something, scrub.

On a more serious note, dude, this thread is going to lead to nothing but a 13-page flame war that will only be put out when all the trolls have been fed and went to haunt another "GAME BROKEDED I QUIT" thread.
    • Up x 2
  3. Earthman

Sounds like a pointless rat race of status to me.

I just went through school and finished it, up to and including college. I took some time off to date interesting people and do other recreational things, but I totally sidestepped the stupid status game.

I want to do the same here. I want to play a game for fun, not please adolescents and their tribalistic crap.
  4. iEnvy

I think this guys is incredibly skilled.

Atleast it always makes me laugh, its a great video.
    • Up x 6
  5. Earthman

So far it seems to be in fair shape.

I'm actually surprised more of the YOLOSWAG360NOSCOPEers haven't showed up yet.
  6. Earthman

For some reason I feel more happy and proud to use an UBGL after seeing that some weeks back.
  7. Shadowyc

. -. I know I'm utterly unskilled, worthless, and probably possessing a borderline sociopathic verbal rage.
    How the hell do you improve your aim if you're dying every forty seconds, and you run music in the background because you're easily bored by the long gaps of being farmed?
  8. bodmans

from wiki

As it is true that the word ''skill'' is being over-used on forumside and in almost every fps around, it is not to be discarded as a part of someone's plea.
    From my point of view, the word skill is now being used to indicate the dificulty of a certain action, with level of skill increasing with the amount of time and effort that is needed to be invested as well as the receiving side's ability to perform counter-play.

I am very tired now, as may be noticable in the text above, so I'll return to this discussion tommorow with a fresh mind...
  9. Earthman

Odd, considering that one of the other most common things screamed out mindlessly by the same people is "tryhard".

Which is very odd considering that it's at odds with your notion of "skill" as "something you practice and get better at." I guess that means if we get better over time we are all tryhards.

Gamer culture is so damn stupid these days.
    • Up x 1
  10. NinjaTurtle

11. Earthman

This is silly navel-gazing too.

over-use of a term to the point of the term being meaningless in discussion and argument is not the same thing as taking that same term and putting it in a sacred forbidden shrine of obscurity that only you apparently have access to.
  12. Yuukikun

Killing a galaxy with a knife takes no skill at all
    • Up x 1
  13. BRU7AL

I have ALL the skillz
  14. Regpuppy

Unless you got here first!
  15. wolfva

Use a spoon.

Why a Spoon? Because it's dull. It hurts more.
    • Up x 1
  16. wolfva

The answer is obvious young padawan.

You must accept your fate as cannon fodder, so your betters may carry on their useful work.
    Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Ommmmmmmmmm
  17. Shadowyc

Thank you!

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  18. Earthman

This is often said another way, indirectly (what IS direct about this gamer generation?).

"You shouldn't be able to effectively hit my sniper. Or my lolpods. Because I have skill and any counter to my skill takes no skill".

In other words, pad my certs and k/d ratio and politely walk around ignoring me.

But then again I have NO SKILL either.
  19. wolfva

Errr...it was a joke. You know, humor? Not everything on forumside must be high handed heavy drama. This isn't a Shakespearian tragedy ya know. Heck, if anything it's a comedy of errors.

"Alas Por Yorik, I knew him well! A TR of infinite jest and wisdoem, layed low that foul day by yon NC sniper with his OP BASR and his lack of skill; for such be they of that useless class that they must verily draw aim and snipe from a great distance to avoid the slings and arrows of our side! Avaunt ye snipers and a curse be amongst ye! Alas, Poor Yorik; ne'er again shall your Striker ride high upon thy shoulder, ne'er again shall ye smight mightly those miscreants of NC and VS with our much vaunted and greatly admired skills! Alas <sob>...alas....."
    • Up x 3
  20. HadesR

Or going from my earlier post .. The one who found a successful counter no matter how cheesy could be classed the more skillful one ..

Or better phrases may be .. " Had better Mastery of the situation " .. " Had a more skillful understanding of the task at hand "