Skill gap between factions

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hotbread, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Vivicector

Are you sure Orion is still the best LMG? It was nerfed so many times already. I remember it being clearly OP, but a lot of time has passed since then.
  2. wrenched

37% better K/D than the NC most used LMG. The 2nd best is the NS and TR comes in third. Check dasanfall.
  3. AmitGr

That's pointless argument. It only proves the default NC LMG is harder to master, and some (a lot actually) of new players use it out of its "comfort zone", in CQC.

The Anchor is the equivalent weapon, not the gauss-saw, and comparing it to Orion is also pointless, since Orion gets influenced by new players while Anchor is used by more experienced ones.

Without many options left, we have to check Q4 and BR100 usages and compare Orion and Anchor, and as you can see in oracle of death, Anchor has slightly better KPH than Orion, and both are better than Carv. If any Carv needs a buff.
    (Not claiming Anchor OP, but Orion is not that good anymore)

http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=q4kph&weapon1=80&weapon2=7236&weapon3=79

Note that this phenomena repeat itself for Q3 KPU (KPH for Q3 is unavailable at oracle of death) as well (but here
    Anchor is significantly better):
    http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=q3kpu&weapon1=80&weapon2=7236&weapon3=79

tl;dr: Stop checking stats selectively (https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-texas-sharpshooter)
  4. Bearlover

this ^

- If you had a dime for every Vanu BR100 that killed you, you will be Bill Gates. 8/10 chance
    - If you had a dime for every TR BR100 that killed you, you will be Jay Z. 6/10 chance
    - If you had a dime for every NC below BR20 that killed you, you will be Bill Gates. 8/10 chance

Play experience speaks for itself. Why do you think no one likes to fight vanu?

Be realistic, this is not the post where " im afraid to lose my toys i will say any type of crap to defend ", but the " there is something that needs to be done for the sake of the game, not your k/d ".

Spare us the " VS has better organization crap", we all know that, DUH of course if you have EXPERIENCED players all working together then you will probably succeed in your strategies against an unorganized force of NC beginners who do not even know what a sunderer is. And to think you " experienced " players tend to talk down on those who just started the game. A-holes the lot of u
  5. Vivicector

I believe, NC blue colour and "freedom fighters" representation works well with western mass media propaganda. So, every child, who wish to be a freedom fighter and bring democracy to the world, comes to NC. NC suffers from it heavily. No offence meant, but its always easier to fight them, then the TR. At the same time, I can't say their weapons or vehicles are bad.

P.S. I never meant any offence to anyone. Thats just my point of view.
    P.P.S. And still, older Miller VS players are too used to fighting outnumbered to experience problems in equal situations.
    Orion is available from the beginning and is a good CQC weapon. There are better weapons, there are better weapons avaliable to other sides. This one is just in a very successful niche as reliable CQC weapon for new players (who usually run in CQC as HA).
  6. SavageBacon

If redeploy and the mechanisms currently implemented in the game are being used effectively, then it seems like they used a proper response. Maybe your attack wasn't a proper response because they weren't being challenged anywhere and rather than attacking multiple fronts or trying to goad the TR into attacking the VS by letting them take certain bases to open up lanes for them to attack VS more, you just saw a relatively low pop hex and went for it.
  7. Chewy102

Sending 3 times the force is never a proper response when you have to abandon other fronts to do this. By the time they see that it was nothing but a poke and wasted that platoons efforts in both the fight they just left plus that poke, they then need to figure out if the next place they redeploy to was just another poke or real attack taking more time and effort. Or they can try to rejoin the left fight in hopes that it hasn't been turned while leaving the pokes to grow into more.

A proper response is seeing how many attackers there are and sending no more than 1-2 times that force till you learn what makes that force. If you find a skilled group that can't be removed, you then ask for help. If you find just some randoms then simply weed them out without pulling to much from your fronts.

An improper response is to either send to little or to many troops. To little isn't going to mean much as you can call for help, but. Sending a full platoon for 1 squad is not smart when that same platoon can be used to stop 2-3 pokes if they spread their squads out. We attacked a few low pop bases in order to be bait and the VS fell for it face first that night. Pulling a platoon from a win-able fight to stop one squad then waste time in that empty hex when picking another target all while the fight they left is being lost and the other pokes aren't being stopped turning into possible lost bases as the attackers get stronger with each failed poke.
  8. Ronin Oni

lol the ******** is strong with this one.

obvious TR is obvious.
  9. Ronin Oni

That's the problem...

redeploy mechanisms currently implemented.

They really need to fix this crap already. It's getting old.

4-6 Gals fly overhead and drop 20 MAXes + support onto a cap?

I have NO problem with that. It's awe-inspiring. It's using game logistics. It can be stopped (or at least partially stopped) with a proper air blockade.

48-64 people teleporting into the spawn room across the map from the last base they saved in 30 seconds, to half pull MAXes (because they're swapping Nanite use) and storm the point with little to nothing you can do about it short of having 2 full platoons sitting on their bums for 3-5 minutes waiting for it, is NOT good gameplay.

It's not a hard thing to fix. Just stop redeploy to bases that are in progress (has a cap bar) and require players to get into the region. THEN open up even more spawn options (ANY base that isn't being contested/in progress on current continent) so that you never need to travel more than a base to get to a fight.
  10. SavageBacon

Not all bases cater to redeployside, especially if you have a good point hold setup in lieu of a hellzerg. Regardless, I don't mind a disable feature, but maybe not when the point gets flipped or else I'd imagine backcapping, or babysitting the point until the attack caps a point at the adjacent base would be frustrating to deal with and boring.
  11. Nayrx

It has the Cav-9 rate of fire with better accuracy and equal damage. It 's magazine is half the size of the Cav-9 but with better accuracy you dont need those extra 50 rounds for spray and pray. Its ROF should be 700 or the CAV-9 should get a ROF boost.
  12. wrenched

13. Ronin Oni

only if you want to prove that the SAW is a terrible choice to give to new/uncerted players.

Which we all know and have been saying they should make the EM6 the default or something.

EDIT: Which they should do before launching PS4 version. Just give free new default to PC players who get to keep the SAW if their char already exists.