Show your stats!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Joexer, Feb 1, 2015.

1. ITRIGatekeeper

Will share mines once the final game launches on PS4 and I am allowed to =)
  2. Leftconsin

I'm going to have to agree that 57 hours with medkits out is a very very large number. I have 1440 hours on my main and under 4 hours with medkits out.
  3. NinjaTurtle

I am a **** don't judge

[IMG]

Med kit tanking is a thing, helps survivabilty when moving around the field. The split second between switching to your med kit when under fire can literally be the difference between repositioning and engageing a target you didn't know was there or losing.

Vonic was the first player I saw do this and he does it very well. It is very apparent that if he were to not med kit tank he would get less favourable results. It is a legit survuval tactic not a stat whoring tactic
  4. Leftconsin

I know its a thing. It is a skill people need to know how to shoot at people medkit tanking. But really every single person I know in game who stat pads has medkits out constantly during down time. I've had it recommended to me multiple times as a stat whoring mechanic.

If you want to keep your kills per hour up you should be engaging targets, not standing around with medkits out.
  5. NinjaTurtle

It will have that side effect but the effect in real terms is minimal, Posseee gave an example a few posts ago.

You are not going to make your stats look amazing doing this and the judgement of a good player is a combination of all stats not just 1 or 2
  6. Liberty

In total it is 4% of my gameplay time. Is it really hard to believe that 4 % of the time someone is logged in that they really aren't doing anything / waiting around for the next fight? (And that doesn't factor in the time you are actually chugging med kits, so it would be less than 4%). Like I said, planetside has a lot of down time especially for players who play with a group (rather than lonewolf).

As you said, you don't really bother with it, so it will seem high to you. To me, it seems low because I feel like I've spent a lot more time in "Downtime" than 4% of my planetside playtime.
  7. Hosp

Didn't DA rig their scoring to be subjective to their view of skill? Might've been another stat tracker, correct me if I'm wrong.
  8. Pokebreaker

Only if you are looking at the Fun Stats, which aren't supposed to be taken seriously. DA Stats separates Vehicles (air and ground), as well as OHK capable weapons (bolt-action rifles and shotguns) into their own category, leaving the other classes deemed as Infantry, which do not have OHK guns (not counting rockets, Mines, etc) in a category together, name Infantry-Only. Although I don't see a domain for Maxes, of which are labeled as flipped cheeseburgers. However, there is still a section that includes your overall statistics from all classes and weapons, down in the General Information area. I think they also don't account for weapons with underbarrel attachments, but usually the underbarrel attachment is a weapon that can create false accuracy percentages. Such a shotgun pellet, and grenade launchers. I believe it only takes one pellet to land, for it to be considered a 100% accurate shot. And with grenade launcher, as long a the splash hits a target, it counts as a 100% accurate shot. The aren't calculated into the Infantry-Only domain, but are still captured in the individual weapon statistics at the bottom of the page.

It's actually good that DA Stats uses domains, because it removes the ability for someone to gain a high K/D in vehicles, but try to claim as though they are good at infantry as well. There are some that are actually good at all areas, and it shows on their DA Stats page, when looking at all the domains. I suck at Heavy Ground Vehicles, and that domain on my page shows it, very clearly...

Their Infantry Versus Infantry score is based on Accuracy and Headshot Rate. When it comes solely to KILLING efficiency, those are really the only stats that matter. IvI score isn't a measure of how good of a teamplayer you are, it's purely about killing. They directly reflect your ability to kill a target. Even folks that aren't in DA, that have a high IvI score, will wreck most people in every given situation. If you don't care for the IvI score itself, the Accuracy and Headshot Rate percentages are standalone stats that still reflect ones ability to kill efficiently. If you have really low accuracy and headshot rate, you likely aren't killing targets very quickly, because most of your shots are completely missing their target.