[Suggestion] Should you be able to hear the other faction music if you are in their teritory?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Marinealver, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Marinealver

Just one thing (yes from Planetside 1) that I think should be able to listen to but that is when ever you enter another faction teritory you heard their music. Example walk into the SOI of a TR base and you will hear the TR SOI music.

So just thinking if you walk into say NC hex or TR HEX as a VS player I should hear their music to let me know that I am on their turf. So the NC can let everyone know that this is NC teritory so should be comfert to the NC players and a warning to others.

(Also it would be nice to hear NC music without having to play as NC).
  2. wowie

This.
    • Up x 1
  3. forkyar

4. Marinealver

You can have your music when you control the teritory.

Don't like the music? capture it or turn it off.:D
  5. Bape

I think its a better idea if a faction start capturing a base like example NC killed the last VS guarding (A) and we start to capture it our theme comes on letting the VS know that the NC is taking the base and for them to "****" :D.
    • Up x 1
  6. Xale

Yes.

In PS1, the base theme was also determined by its current owner - rather than your played faction. Only theme you could never hear was the enemy's Sanctuary themes.

Keeping that, or alternatively for bonus points have the theme of the current 'tug-of-war winner' would add a little to immersion.
    • Up x 1
  7. ImGladUmad

Planetside 1 had that?

I don't remember that but I remember a lot of different themes for every continent and really small things....Is amazing the detail that went into PS1.
    • Up x 1
  8. Xale

There were 17 different themes in total.

Continental: (outside any SOIs)
    Arctic Combat
    Arctic Travel
    Desert Combat
    Desert Travel
    Temperate Combat
    Temperate Travel
    Volcano Combat
    Volcano Travel

SOI based: (Depending on who owns the base)
    NC Normal
    NC Warning
    NC Combat
    TR Normal
    TR Warning
    TR Combat
    VS Normal
    VS Warning
    VS Combat

'Warning' would play if a gen was destroyed, CC hacked, etc. So with TR fighting at a NC controlled base, they'd hear the NC combat theme. So would the NC. Attacking a TR base, they'd both hear the TR theme instead.
    • Up x 1
  9. Marinealver

Yeah that detail is what I am missing from PS 2.
  10. TartarusMkII

I figure that's a good idea. I'm up for it.
    • Up x 1
  11. Marinealver

There was also the Sanc music.

NC Sanctuary
    NC Orbital Platform
    TR Sanctuary
    TR Orbital Platform
    VS Sanctuary
    VS Orbital Platform

The Orbital Platform were what the music that was played at the hart stations.

And the cavern had a few tracks
    Cavern Travel
    Cavern Combat
    Cavern Module

Cavern Moduel is what the music will play if there ever was a modual runner nearby. Once they reach the surface it goes back to the combat music then the warning music in an SOI.

And lets not forget the menue screen
    Planetside Intro
    Main Theme Loop

You could get all these from the game files them self as they were all in MP3 format instead of a hard code rip. All you had to do is copy or move and the patcher replaced them.

There were alternate music that was supposed to be reintroduced with themes for a home contenant and new themes for diffrent cavern biomes. Those were made to be put in place of the music file but an update in the patcher will remove those and replace them with the standard music.