Should Headshots Prevent Revives?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Coltorl, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Kurohagane

Outright prevention doesn't sound good, but increasing the revive time by a few seconds should be alright.
  2. Coltorl

Well, since you want a reason...

Because medics are too powerful in the current meta, watch any competitive game, or wait for PAL, the next community clash or the allstar game and you will see how powerful they can be.
  3. RogueVindicare

Would knifing an enemy corpse making it be un-revivable be acceptable? Obviously, MAX punch is also acceptable.
  4. Dark Pulse

Alright, who stopped watching the children and let them crawl back into this thread?

No to making headshots prevent revives. Pure and simple. It ruins pushes, it ruins the fun, it makes battles boil down to whoever's got the better headshotting squad.

I could POTENTIALLY see knifing or MAX punching a corpse to prevent it, as that does involve some extra risk to ensure a target can't get up, but I'm still somewhat iffy on it being one swipe as then people will just follow up every kill with a stab. If something like this must be done, maybe make it 2-4 swipes to give time for someone to kill the guy who's trying to prevent the revive.

But I'd rather not have to have any of that silly "prevent revives" crap at all. You should be preventing revives by out-maneuvering and pushing the opposing side back with a combination of show of force and suppressive fire, not because you could shoot them in the head or stab their body on the ground.
    • Up x 2
  5. Gammit

Interesting idea.
  6. Blarg20011

It could be a execution style function, just walk up to a body and press "E," but with some sort of science-y twist, like "Revival Inhibitor" or something, or direct hits from explosive weapons.
  7. Gheeta

I would much rather like to see the gib mechanic from RTCW and ET.

Gib = doing X amount of damage to a downed enemy makes him unrevivable.