Should default doritos be set to faction colors?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by WyrdHarper, Jan 11, 2014.

1. WyrdHarper

As the thread title says. While I know everyone ends up having different preferences as they play, it seems to me that this is a bit confusing for new players. This was one of the (many) difficult for newbies things I noticed in yesterday's Day9 stream. While he was shooting at the "blue" enemy, the doritoes and nameplates of his own team were also blue, although the points and map were purple.. When you are a new player and are still figuring out how the game plays and who is an enemy and who is a friendly, I feel that this is something that makes it a bit harder, especially if you choose TR or VS. The inconsistency in colors is something that can be potentially confusing, and using faction colors as the default might be a better way to provide more consistency. The one potential issue might be that red is traditionally "bad guys" in games, but this could be solved in the tutorial, since you see friendly colors anyway.

What are other opinions?
  2. Hatesphere

purple and blue are already to close together for me to tell apart reliably in my periphery vision. I think they just need to revert the map back to red/blue for enemy/friendly to help prevent confusion. allow in the options menu to change it independently for each faction like they have for the chevrons.
    • Up x 1