Shotguns and sniper rifles should be NS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by lilleAllan, Oct 24, 2013.

1. lilleAllan

They are IDENTICAL stat wise and should thus unlock across factions when bought with station cash.

Agree?
    • Up x 2
  2. DiHorizon

No. Absolutely not.

If someone's running around with a shotgun I need to be able to identify which faction they belong to by the sound the weapon makes. Similarly, when snipers are sitting hills it's occasionally helpful to know which faction they are by the tracer rounds as they harmlessly plink my nanoweave.
    • Up x 2
  3. whitupiggu

If someone is using a shotgun its pretty safe to assume they are TR.
    • Up x 1
  4. OddChelsea

Actually I think redesigning shotguns all together would be better. NC could have harder hitting shotguns with a slightly tighter spread, TR could have shotguns with larger mags and faster rates of fire, VS could have the best slug shotties with no drop and better velocity as well as faster reload speeds and better damage drop off. That's just off the top of my head and obviously not perfect but would make the game more interesting than the current identical weaponry (save the jackhammer and VS shotties with slugs/vs semi auto snipers).
    • Up x 3
  5. lilleAllan

Shotguns can not be fitted with supressors and will always show up on your minimap when fired.
    • Up x 2
  6. Spoprockel

I think he meant unlocking the weapon on one faction should unlock the other factions (stat-wise) identical counterparts
    • Up x 2
  7. Odan.be

Shotguns and Bolt Action sniper rifles should be NC (Because they correspondend to our faction description)

Here, corected that for you ;)
  8. HooWoo

I think you forgot the NC motto for a second sir.
    • Up x 2
  9. TheTreeness

Sincerely, NC.
  10. shd

11. Morti

Hell naw.

There shouldn't even be NS infantry weapons imo :<
    • Up x 1
  12. Flukeman62

and you therefore should not have smg's.
    • Up x 1
  13. lilleAllan

pls don't pollute my thread with this buffoonery.

thank you.
  14. MGAMIKA

Fair trade :p NC will never be able to say we suck then... Since VS and TR will drop like flies (everywhere).
  15. Flukeman62

but he started it teacher!
  16. Goretzu

The NC motto to only use shotguns where they are rubbish; on vehicles, MAXs and toliets? :p
  17. HooWoo

Jackhammer #masterrace
  18. whitupiggu

We only use shotguns when we are forced to.
  19. Odan.be

To be fair it should be more like PS1 :)
    1 mediocre NS shotgun or SMG , and specialized shotguns for NC ( ie. fast firing , more pellets etc) , same goes for SMG's for TR...
    Vs get a Playstation Move look-a-like controller ....that shoots pink balloons...
    • Up x 1
  20. Goretzu

That is a strange one, they actually nerfed the Jackhammer in almost every possible way in the Shotgun nerf patch, but fixed triple shot and added some ammo.
    • Up x 1