[BUG] Shooting Through Walls

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ketenks, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Ketenks

My experience is compared to Halo multiplayer. I was highly competitive and that's what makes it fun for me. I play FPS for the self challenge to be as good as I possibly can be at the game. So yeah when the game itself works against you in doing that then that kills the game for me. This is how many players are. You can't possibly think that fun is determined by you. But what I used is an expression which was to indicate the lack of importance the skill had in this game and that we are all just running around playing server side code game rather than FPS. I get that 80% of the game or so is still skill based. But for what I want to achieve ultimately, that last 20% is where I live. (That's a ball park estimate obviously. I'm sure you have a different one.) I hope you get what I'm saying here.
  2. That_One_Kane_Guy

No arguments. Having a plethora of statistics to look at and watch improve over time is the best part about playing a PvP game. Recursion is splendid for this both for the feedback in game and the numbers immediately afterwords.
    And that is your prerogative, I was commenting on the fact that some of the issues you brought up were likely beyond the scope of "easy" fixes due to the age of the game and the way it was programmed.
    I never said it was.
    I do. While I think you're underselling the value skill has in this game (there is absolutely a difference between a top 20% player and a top 10% player) I can say with no uncertainty that the skill ceiling this game is lower than it is for others that run more smoothly. The problem is you will never see that smoothness in this game for a variety of reasons, many of which are practically un-fixable, so you have to either enjoy the ride for what it is or move on.