[Suggestion] Shooting out of spawns

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Soques, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Soques

Hello Planetside 2 Community,

I post on these forums formally requesting that the devs re examine the ability of people to shoot out of the semi recently implemented spawn shields. I find that with Burster maxes being able to stack up in spawns and fire almost straight up leads to very disappointing gameplay. I think it is a poor mechanic that allows players to fire with literal immunity at others.

Please leave feedback for devs to read.
    Thank you
    • Up x 1
  2. MFP_TK_01

Here's my feedback

GET OUT OF THE FREAKING KILLZONE. STAY OUT OF VIEW UNTIL THE BASE FLIPS. THE SPAWNERS WILL BE FORCED OUT.

What part this do you people not seem to understand?
    • Up x 13
  3. HadesR

^ Stop trying to camp spawn rooms for cheap kills ..

I mean Jesus .. Camp the **** outta spawn rooms THEN complain when people don't rush out THEN want then to be totally disadvantaged when camped ..

How about realizing the campers are 50% of the problem
    • Up x 6
  4. ItsJustDash

I think weapons being fired out of the spawn should have a damage reduction. Nothing is worse than having the unkillable AA nest at the outpost.
    • Up x 3
  5. Star Weaver

I'd generally like some kind of layout changes to break LOS between the spawn room and the rest of the base, creating a halfway lobby-ish area you have to be in if (a) you want to camp the actual forcefield or (b) if you want to shoot most of the base.
  6. Soques

The killzone for bursters is anywhere that isn't on top of the spawn. It is to the point where people will cap points and then plant AA maxes in spawns as area denial. This is a poor tactic.
  7. freeze

it's so much fun to see all these rockets fly out of the spawn room... all the UBGrenades... all those sweet sweet flak rounds.
    all the while ppl are completely invulnerable.

so much fun

give those shield heros a medal; they're what makes this game so much better.
    • Up x 1
  8. Purg

Have you tried it yourself? I was an AA MAX once in a spawn room when I got chased in there by half a dozen Liberators and could barely get a shot off at them once I was there. Your view of the sky from within the spawn room is minimal at best - and anyone in an air vehicle unable to find an angle (read: more than half of the sky) where they're perfectly safe from AA MAX inside a spawn room needs their eyes tested.
  9. MFP_TK_01

Last I checked it was a foot soldier that flipped a point, not a liberator, and AA maxes aren't so awesome against soldiers. Plus it would require the max to have to leave the spawn point. Sorry bud.
  10. Soques

Im not really here to debate the effectiveness of AA vs infantry. But here is a video just for kicks.

I will post a vid tomorrow testing the spawn mechanics with Max
  11. Zotamedu

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  12. iccle

The part where the defenders setup AV mana turrets and pwn your sunderer, tanks, gals etc with you completely unable to do anything about it, or where NC use phoenix guided missiles to do the same.

Defenders should not be able to shoot out from behind an invincible shield, either that or the shield should have a method to take it down.
  13. FABIIK

Defense is already at such a disadvantage in this game and people want to make it even harder...

There are many gameplay changes to do before this one.
    • Up x 1
  14. MFP_TK_01

Your point is more valid than the AA max guy above but it still doesn't hold water. Turrets are actually a pain to set up in spawn rooms. You can't just put them in the doorway or the window; they only show up green around the middle of the room which means your LOS now sucks (this is addressing the more open outpost spawn rooms btw)
    Secondly, as I've stated so many times before, I have yet to see a spawn room that has 100% line of sight of the immediate area. In my experience, since I apparently playing a different game than you, is that Sunderers tend to park behind buildngs on the opposite side of the outpost from the spawn room. So as an engineer I forced to leave the safety of the almighty spawn room if I want to remove that threat.
    Lastly, I have yet to find a situation where I am completely unable to do something. If this is an issue for you then I would probably try to either figure out what I was doing wrong or I would just quit and uninstall immediately. Just some tips there partner.
  15. MFP_TK_01

Oh **** dawg, you killed stationary targets at point blank range!
  16. Crayv

The day the remove the ability the shoot out of a spawn is the day I start putting mines right in front of the spawn doors. You can see the mine but you can't shoot it unless you go through the door... which will set it off and kill you.

While I don't like the way it currently is I can't really think of a way to change it without causing massive spawn camping.
    • Up x 1
  17. Dreadnaught Wrex

OMG!!! You shot a target, still BR 1 infantry! It doesn't have an upgrades, brain power, or anything. God! Bursters are so OP because that TTK is a lot longer than any AI weapon, there is barely any ammo and its hard as hell to hit real people. So OP! But seriously, **** off with your VR videos. They show nothing but support idiots.
    • Up x 1
  18. Soques

Wow guys, ease down. Read the post attached to the vid. Besides it is sort of off topic as it is, ( was showing the accuracy of the buster arms). Will be posting the spawn flak vid in a few hours.
  19. Thardus

I still really like the idea someone mentioned of reduced or non-existent exp while you're inside the spawn room.
  20. Soques

This is a fair point.

My goal here is to restrict the tactic of massing units in spawn buildings that shoot out as an offensive tactic. What if shooting through a spawn shield limited the effective range, or damage of the weapons being fired? This would allow you to still shoot out and hit deployables without allowing the shots to range out to the horizon