Shooting an SMG should make you unable to cloak for a set amount of time.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Killy80, Apr 10, 2013.

1. LayZ

You know what, go ahead and hate. I love playing infiltrator with an SMG.

Love it when ya'll get all ******** and stuff when I sneak up all on ya and spray hot lead all over you.
  2. giltwist

Obvious troll thread is obvious.
  3. centurionvi

Actually they are 3rd most played, behind Heavies and Engineers and slightly ahead of Light Assaults.
  4. Maidere

What we need from the get go is a timer that prevents inf to re-cloack right away after he becomes visible.
    5 seconds will be enough imho (fully certed, 7-8 seconds from the start).
    • Up x 1
  5. Nexnyn

Feel free to post the proof behind that statement.

lol you must be a really bad player imo

Sure we can do that, as long as the cloak lasts 30-60 seconds instead of 12
    Medic guns root the medic for the duration of use, and have ammo capacity only enough to revive 2 people
    Heavy shields are reduced by 50% of the damage they can absorb/resist and cooldown increased by 1 minute
    Engineer repair gun roots the engineer on use, requires ammo, and only has enough to repair 1 vehicle to full
    Light Assault jetpack randomly explodes and kills the LA as well as does a blast of 2 frag grenades because of the experimental technology that allows the jet force to propel a soldier be 10000000x quieter then a design made for sneaking about (cloaking)

Rocket ammo, Repair gun ammo and medic gun ammo also should cost resources, and all weapons in the game should have equal sway as bolt actions.

/Deal?
  6. centurionvi

7. NietCheese

Try playing NC heavy assault against an infilitrator with the SMG.

The TTK is so short on the SMG that he will just hold down left mouse button and burn through my heavy shield and kill me before my LMG has done much damage to him.

The issue as I see it is infiltrators doing far more damage in toe to toe CQC than a heavy assault which is meant to be great at that stuff.
    • Up x 1
  8. Daemeon

Best troll post I have seen in a long time. Truly outstanding.

Bonus points for fooling so many in believing you are serious. On a side note... if by some weird bizarro world reason you ARE being serious about this then I pity you and your ability to play.
    • Up x 2
  9. WycliffSlim

To address many of the points in no particular order because I can't be asked to /quote everyone.
    I have twice as many kills with my Parallax as I do with my SMG and almost 3 times as many with my Pulsar so, not just playing Infiltrator.

Infiltrators aren't really that hard to see... maybe on Ultra and High(I play on those and they're sometimes difficult to spot especially at night or 10m+) but so many people play on low that your cloak working well is about 50/50 between dumb luck and actual skill. I've had people mow me down with perfect accuracy at 30+ meters while I was cloaked, crouched, and creeping along. That means that you can't actually rely on your cloak. Combine this with the sound it makes and cloaks become more of an, oh ****, tool to get you out of hairy situations and MAYBE aid you in getting past a defense. Any halfway alert player should be able to hear an infiltrator cloak and at least be wary.

I'll admit I've racked up some pretty sick killstreaks with my SMG. Typically I get behind an enemy force, run out and kill one or two and then get back behind cover. However, this only works when you kill people who can't be bothered to come looking for you. When it's not a huge zerg you INSTANTLY get half a squad of people canvasing around for a square mile trying to root you out because no one likes a pesky infiltrator.

The very definition of infiltrating is to get behind enemy lines and the wreak havoc. You can't really do that with a sniper rifle in a base. You CAN do it with the full-auto scout rifles, but they have limited ammo per mag and can be outgunned by just about any other rifle head to head.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't really care if the SMG's got a minor RoF nerf because for how I play it wouldn't actually make any significant difference and would help me keep from wasting so much ammo. :)
    At the end of the day, if someone sneaks up on you you're dead no matter what weapon they're using. If I get the jump on you, you're just as dead if I shoot you a few times with the pistol and then knife you as if I unload with the SMG. The SMG just gives Infiltrators a slight chance to stand up to someone in head to head combat and even then you're still at a disadvantage... if you run into a heavy you're just SOL unless you get damn lucky.
  10. Nexnyn

So according to that doc you are not as correct as you think you are. Try looking at the avg time played.

Also make sure to take into account score/hr. Not hard to fathom infiltrator is going to be the lowest here, but you can't even prove how many of those infiltrators were afk and/or at warp gate, but either way avg time played, and score/hr is already enough to quell the OP's and other "nerf infiltrator" ideals when it is clearly quite the opposite that needs to happen
  11. WycliffSlim

Then you must have horrible aim quite frankly. Your shield gives you effectively a 50% boost to damage you can take. If you're moving all of their shots won't land and they have 10% less health. Also, HA can equip the SMG... combine that with their shield and they can literally kill anything in the game with absolute ease even approaching medium range.
  12. Nexnyn

The TTK is so short on LMGs, that the heavy assault will just hold down left mouse button with barely an aiming involved and will kill any non heavy assault before they can get his class shield down

I can play that game too
  13. Rhyl

Really? You must be a baddie. I can't take heavy assaults head on. I have to outplay them. Get them with an emp grenade, get them from behind, drop a proximity mine when they're chasing me which will either kill them/allow me to finish them off, etc. I have little issues killing heavy assault but if you're dying to an smg head on against a class with less health and no shields. You're very very very bad.
  14. SpaceHobo

why do we take this guy seriously again?
  15. ACE McFACE

I'm ready for another fair and balanced discussion from Killy80, maybe this one will end up like his shotgun one and get locked?
  16. Killy80

I love you. We are friended now!
  17. Killy80

I don't know, OP is really a moron.
  18. Killy80

19. Nyscha

Yeah because cloaking isn't hard enough to use already with people abusing low graphics to make infiltrators 100% visible.

20. Killy80

And that's a the fault of everyone else not using low graphics because?