Shooting an SMG should make you unable to cloak for a set amount of time.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Killy80, Apr 10, 2013.

1. FlameGankin

I usually fight within enemy towers with my beloved Heretic and dictator hunting rifle, the sas-r, because ALL towers have turrets which are vital to the enemy defense and cant be easily killed then repaired like terminals. On a nice day ill hack me a turret and wreck an enemy tank zerg and add some more TR/VS to my wall. On rainy sad gloomy days i hack stuff and move on since no ones at the base and no real reason for me to be there if my zergs about to get there.

On removing the amount of snipers i don't think SMGs are all that necessary. Either a buff to scout rifles and making one of them a standard weapon or giving INFs much more rewarding things to do in bases. Usually on a run ill die 6-15 times trying to get in a well defended tower after my first go if my reaver is still on CD, but once im in there i either close range snipe heads from behind or hack turrets and hopefully theres armor to take out otherwise i snipe a few infantry with it and move on.

Don't get me wrong taking out most of the defending armor around a base feels like im actually helping take the base, but after that one-hit wonder I'm basically like every other sniper on the field until more armor shows up, but it be nice to have something more active to do that forces me to be vulnerable but allows me to help my team more over the entire fight.

Also, getting a sniper isn't hard so you'll naturally see more of them, since we don't have PS1 cert system people don't have to dedicate all that much to being a sniper, and for the NC its even easier. Same problem with handing out all vehicles.
  2. Killy80

4 pages of people, who play mostly SMG infiltrator to farm, telling me they disagree. I'm not shocked.
  3. Rhyl

Did you look up their character names and info? Most of the people in this thread are engineers and heavies. If infiltrators were as "op" with SMG as you think wouldn't many others who are having trouble jump in and spam up this thread? Where are all they? Is everyone on the forum who ever posts here an infiltrator? :confused:
  4. Killy80

The people agreeing with me are not.
  5. Rhyl

What? Two people? Out of many who say they're fine?
  6. Killy80

Out of all the infiltrators answering to this thread.
  7. Rhyl

Infiltrators are the least played class in the game. Where's the many more classes with issues with them? Why are you so alone in this? P.S. On the leaderboards the best infiltrator is number 48. Above him is engineers, medics, light assault, heavy assault, and max.
  8. Killy80

SMGs are pretty new.
  9. Rhyl

Oh. So that explains why in the past month he's dropped from top 30 to top 48? More and more the other classes are filling up the leaderboard. Infiltrators have been dropping down more and more. They're so "useful" that most outfits don't even accept them. Most outfits don't even want their members to play infiltrator. Killing power goes to the light assault and the heavy assault with far more utility. Most outfits bring one infiltrator along total just to hack.

P.S. The shotgun outclasses the SMG as the ultimate CQC weapon.
  10. Killy80

Maybe he became lazy or got a girlfriend?
  11. TheRunDown

Leaderboards are only for those who stride to be top, even then it's not very liable, when it comes to legitimacy.

If you going for Kills, you going to pick the class that will get you them quickest, Inf isn't at the top of the list when it comes to kill horing.
  12. Rhyl

As did every other infiltrator? Then I guess there's nothing to complain about. They're quickly becoming too lazy and getting too much sex to even play the game anymore.
    • Up x 2
  13. Killy80

Where's the proof every infiltrator dropped in rank?
    And who says, even if so, that has to do with infiltrators? New weapons for other classes doesn't mean infiltrators get killed more. You know, there are like, other classes! Heck, even SMGs don't mean infiltrators kill more per hour, they just pick one target in a group, kill, run away, "lol" in chat and wait a bit. Without getting killed.

And don't write se*, I'm only 5 and not allowed to read such words.
  14. Rhyl

Have you been paying attention to the leaderboards at all? I'd be more worried about the class that is killing more per minute than the class that has to assassinate someone while simultaneously having the lowest amount of health and running away. Especially considering they're using an obsolete CQC weapon that doesn't compare with the current shotguns. Most people do not have trouble seeing infiltrators. It's very easy to see an infiltrator running away.

Every class is more lethal than the infiltrator according to the leaderboards. Each class other than the infiltrator is capable of racking up far more kills.
  15. TeknoBug

:D
  16. Killy80

As this thread is about killing without consequences or with low risk, no.

If this thread were about OP killing machines, I might have. Luckily, OP didn't ever say that.
    (OP and OP with different meaning each, isn't that great?)
  17. DuckSauce

(That's the joke)
  18. SinerAthin

I don't understand how people can complain about Infiltrators with SMGs when we have Light Assaults packing C4 and Pump Action shotties running around like lunatics all over the place!
  19. Killy80

One problem doesn't magically make another problem disappear. That's how reality works.
  20. SinerAthin

I'd be less worried about the bug biting my ankle, and more worried about the giant bear coming for me xD