Shooting an SMG should make you unable to cloak for a set amount of time.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Killy80, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Killy80

The point is that the infiltrator isn't dead if you are not alone, because he just vanishes.
  2. Mythicrose12

I can "vanish" with a LA, too. Even better...with a shotgun I can kill you and your buddies then vanish. Cloak is easy to spot especially if the infiltrator is moving. It's also very loud and has a short duration.
  3. TeknoBug

LOL nice, a new complaint about infiltrators, infils has the shortest end of the stick right now.

PS- as far as I can remember, the best dedicated infiltrator players aren't even in the top 50.
  4. TheRunDown

Ha, not on TR, our mines Suck!
    Bouncing Betties and Proximity mines are AOE, TR Claymours are frontal directional blast, Highly visible and do less damage and TR mines are the only mines that can be triggered through walls.
  5. TheBloodEagle

I still think this is hard to gauge since there's a lot of bias and subjective experiences. Although deviating from the OP. I have to say killing Infs is one of my hobbies in game. I'll go around the whole region just to find them and kill them. It's quite satisfying to do. But Infs exaggerate how easy it is to see them cloaked. It's quite easy to lose track of them, even when close and your running around in a circle or so. They blend it even better on Esamir in my opinion. And I mean this in daytime. Plus the good ones are real handy with their mines. I play on High everything though.

If they still gave shotguns to Infs, you'd pretty much see this exact same type of threads and responses such as L2P and OP. In this case devs knew it was OP. Like I said, what Inf or class wants a nerf? No one. Everyone defends their main class. (same as you'd defend LA keeping C4 and HA keeping shield)

But anyway, I'm only one opinion.
  6. xGreedFuSioN

Check my stats: Zadnost
    I just LIKE playing infiltrator the most.
  7. Killy80

And now look at the forums and check what other threads are complaining about.
  8. FlameGankin

God damn edit timer not providing much warning, i spent all that time making a nice detailed little reply :mad:.

Any way ill just make it separate.
    I did damage calcs and Smg variants all basically have ~100-50 dps higher then any standard gun for any class (didn't look into inf specific weapons since were discussing smg and cloak right now) with almost all smgs sitting at a nice ~1800 dps. SMGs also have 4 fewer meters to do max damage then all standard weapons (6 as apposed to 10) as well as lower ammo on higher damage per shot variants compared to the factions standard carbine.

(Sourse: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...=VS&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250)

It should be noted that all Classes can shorten /lengthen combat. Heavy shields, medic heal, engi turret cover if he can live long enough to make one or if ones already set up, light assault super escape and quick mobility.

INFs cloak makes for a great escape if you are good at running and hiding and you opponent(s) dont have good eyes or lucky shots. Also if a scout radar or recon dart is active in the area they will still have a general idea of where you are. Further more unlike LA flight we cant do anything other then movement while cloaked.

Cloakers also have 100 less health then other classes with a 500/400 shield/health split as apposed to a 500/500 one

And on a sidenote, ALL smg variants, carbine standards, AR standards, LMG standards, and pistol variants have the ability to kill in under a second (Even the beamer which has higher DPS then manticore) if you dont miss and are in the highest damage range.

Yeah you guys sadly got the shortest possible end of the stick on that one, I've dodged the mines completely by hopping over them just as i enter the trigger radius taking no damage (Though this is more luck then skill :p ). A TR friend of mine puts AT mines on the detonation side so it auto activates, but this does coast more resources BUT at least it insta-kills flak 4 inf as far as i know lol.
  9. Mythicrose12

I respect your opinion. My own opinion is that an infiltrator with an SMG is no different than getting jumped by a LA with a shotgun. The infiltrator's cloak helps him/her escape, move on, etc but isn't super powerful either. Those on low settings can see the cloak sihloutte fairly clearly at ranges the SMG is effective at. It does become harder to see at night, though.

I'm definately against imposing a nerf to the class just because it can use the SMG. The class could use a little love from the devs just like my LA. I'm of the opinion that medics, engineers, and heavies have solid mechanics and are in a good spot for the time being.
  10. TheRunDown

What part of the word "Infiltrator" means CQC?

Inf's have the SOAS-20, Stalker and the Artemis, they should buff the Ammo size to 30 and that's you 1 and only QCQ weapon..

The only people who defend SMGs with Inf are those looking for cheap kills as a Inf. The original SMG would of been acceptable at first, due to its damage and ammo count was no forgiving if you missed a few bullets, with the new SMG, you can sneak up to any person and Spray and Pray, it has way too many bullets and ROF for a Inf / Stealth class.

The current graphic settings for a moving Clouked Inf is not realistic, moving Inf should be "70% visible" when moving and "99.9% invisible" when not moving.

Due to all these Factors and what a SMG is, its a replacement and repeat of the Shutgun / Inf plague from PS2 launch.

This is not about L2P/QQ, this is not about anything to do with player skill, its about a**hole tactics used by Infs to score 1 kill and get a average 1/1 KD or the odd 5/1 KD during a heavy combat situation.

The only people who instantly say QQ or L2P are the players doing whatever the thread is about, afraid of loosing your toys? who's QQing now from this aspect.

COD is my argument, this game is conforming to COD players, and has done since GU03 (spawn rooms and SMG/Shotgun additions) The current balance with Inf vs Inf is either use a Shotgun or a SMG, the exact game system of COD, pick the best GOD weapon and mindlessly run at your target throwing ammo at them.
    No new Carbine or LMGs are being released to help relief the TTKs of SMGs and Shotguns.

Personal Shields such as Nanite Mash or Resist Shield do nothing vs Shotguns or SMGs, vs a SMG it basically gives you time to blink once before dieing.

The Sniper SMG in TF2 is nothing like the SMG in PS2, the SMG in TF2 is a full auto Pistol skinned to a SMG.
    The SMG in PS2 is nearly a carbine with more ROF and in some cases better COF..

To top if of, a new Shotgun was release in the last patch, what more proof do i need?

PlanetSide 2 is a Massively Multiplayer first person shooter that delivers truly epic, massive combat on a scale never before seen in stunning, breathtaking detail.

Should be,

PlanetSide 2 is a Massively Multiplayer first person shooter that delivers truly massive close combat on a large scale map maybe before seen but in stunning, breathtaking detail.
  11. TheBloodEagle

Just to be clear, he's not opposing Infs using cloak or having it. Just the folks that are "abusing" it because you can uncloak, SMG fire, cloak really quick over and over. It's more like wanting the cloak to have the downside similar to HA's slowing down when using shield, in this case not being able to re-cloak instantly. (yes you can hear both of them, etc).
    • Up x 1
  12. Mythicrose12

Most complaint threads tend to be about shotguns. All a shotgun does for a LA is give him/her the ability to kill 3 (or more if the person has really good aim and/or luck) in a magazine with body shots. Most carbines and smgs are only good for two kills per clip (body shots).

Your initial thread creating post :

You demand a nerf without any reason as to why. There are already consequences for the infiltrator getting in to close quarters combat as been posted by others in this thread. If you have an SMG, see how well you do as an infiltrator. You might have some success, but you might not either. Enemy player graphic settings and their awareness levels will be the key to your success or lack there of...just like it is for my LA.
  13. LameFox

Well I'm sure glad he hasn't discovered silencers yet.
  14. Xind

Look, there's only one way to get rid of worthless, fight ruining, snipers. Give them SMGs.

Say no to encouraging faggy sniping. Say no to removing the infiltration from the infiltrators. Say yes to more hackable objects/vehicles/terminals.
    • Up x 1
  15. FleshIcon

Everyone seems to see me when cloaked. :(

I think players should play the class \ vehicle before asking for nerfs.
    • Up x 1
  16. ErwinRumble

Two words. No and no.
  17. Killy80

Read those threads more carefully.
    All a shotgun does for a LA is give him/her the ability to (onehit)kill 3 in a magazine with body shots and then vanish into the air across a roof to reload, just to attack from a totally different spot a moment later.

But that's not the point of this thread.

The reason is right there. There are no consequences for sneaking up to an enemy.
  18. TeknoBug

I do this successfully with the Artemis, I don't need a damn SMG to do it. So should it be nerfed for me too?

When I do use the SMG, I don't decloak, kill, cloak and hide, I just decloak, kill kill kill kill kill.
  19. Oreo202

20. Rhyl

4 pages of people, who don't even play infiltrators, telling you they disagree.. says a lot.