Shooting an SMG should make you unable to cloak for a set amount of time.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Killy80, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Killy80

After all, you decided to go CQC. There should be consequences.

Make it so.
    • Up x 3
  2. DuckSauce

If only there were something to balance the cloak at long versus short range.

Maybe if we made cloaked infiltrators easy to see up close?

Hmm...
    • Up x 4
  3. Artoriusaurus Rex

Because that cloak does such a fantastic job at hiding the inf in CQC, amirite?
    • Up x 18
  4. Killy80

How dare you to question my wise decisions!!!!

It does, it removes your blip on the map and makes you partially invisible. Because, you know... Cloak.
  5. Obscura

LOL, someone complaining about infils and SMG's? Please, if your that BAD where you feel the need to complain about the squishiest and most underplayed class in the game then you need to uninstall, asap.
    • Up x 9
  6. Artoriusaurus Rex

Look, I don't even play inf in CQC except on the rarest of occasions, but I'm telling you, they're really not that hard to kill. You can see them just fine at that range, cloak or not. Sure, it may make it a little bit easier to slip away, but that's the point of the cloak. That's the point of the class, even.

And on top of all that, they give up some health to be able to do that, something no other class does for their abilities.
    • Up x 3
  7. Killy80

Vanu infil at night. Point disproved.
  8. Artoriusaurus Rex

You're telling me you can't see an uncloaked Vanu infiltrator in the range that an SMG is effective?

Ok. Sure. I believe you. No, really. I do.
    • Up x 3
  9. smokemaker

Nope.
    Uncloak, kill, run and cloak up.
    They are already easy to kill.
    Pay more attention to your surroundings.
    • Up x 1
  10. Killy80

Who was talking about uncloaked? The point of this thread is to discuss about cloaking. Blah blah blablablabla
  11. Killy80

You leave this thread now or I'll tell your dad!
  12. ToggleSwitch

Erm... No!

Now go away....

... and I rarely play infi
  13. Killy80

I got nowhere to go :(
    Now.. Yes!

I said make it so.
  14. smokemaker

I am the dad. And soon I will have trained minions running with me to heal and resupply me. :)

If you pay attention you will stop most of the cloaked inf. with SMG's. But some are bound to get ya. PS2 is a dangerous place and rightfully so.
    I vote no change.
    • Up x 4
  15. xNPCx

Isn't the fact that they have less effective health than all other classes and can't shoot while cloaked enough of a limiting factor?
    • Up x 3
  16. LordMatt XLVIII

According to one of my outfit guys, the SMG is pretty effective at ranges close to and possibly exceeding 20 meters. That's pretty far away. That and the Cloaking make a crazy lethal combo. However I'm not complaining, I'm just saying that you're obviously underestimating how deadly an infiltrator can be with it.
    • Up x 1
  17. Killy80

+1 for the dad.
    • Up x 1
  18. Sturmwaffles

The consequence is lack of range (contrasted to a sniper rifle).
  19. Killy80

Isn't the fact that they uncloak in 0.5s, kill and cloak in 0.5s and remove the blip from the map a powerful factor?
  20. GalacticBulge

Add to that a comically loud cloaking/uncloaking sound, especially for Vanu Infiltrators.

To the OP, you aren't special. If you can't be bothered to maintain situational awareness, your laziness will be punished by that cloaked Infiltrator or the LA who manuevered to drop in behind you and take you apart with their shotgun.
    • Up x 2