[BUG] Shields are not recharging.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by KoRneY, Feb 25, 2015.

1. KoRneY

Shields are busted. Waited a good 30 seconds or so to recharge, nothing. Reactivated adren shield/deactivated to see if it'd kickstart it, nada. Had to redeploy to get shields back... when they were drained, they did not recharge again.
  2. Xen0n23

yup just had this bug as heavy with adrenaline shield if that helps, the standard shield isn't regenerating, even after you redeploy or go to a terminal, or die..
  3. RadarX

We've been looking into this since this morning. Please continue to report what you are seeing. Thanks!
  4. Hatesphere

today on tome of the shield issues, also had my engineer not able to deploy an ammo pack. couldent hit F and couldent even select the pack from the scroll menu or by hitting its hot key. re logging fixed it but class switching did not. kind of annoying, but its only happened once so far.
  5. HappyStuffin

Hey RadarX,

Thanks for looking into this for us and most of all acknowledging our presence on this forum. I've noticed you have been a lot more active since new management. That's a good thing.
  6. sIcGER

i was running as a medic when i had that bug - switching class and back fixed it for me - shield was recharging again - happened only once, right after logging in

cloak was bugged as well - i spawned as infil and wasnt able to cloak - switch to stalker cloak and back to hunter cloak fixed it
  7. FateJH

This might be the "failed asset deploy" bug.
    Go as an Engineer and try to place a turret somewhere. Then try to place an Ammo Pack. If it works, you cleared the issue.

The problem is you were placing something when you interupted the placement procedure. You sent the "user is placing something" packet to the server, and it was accepted; but, because you stopped it, the server still thinks the asset is in the middle of being placed, so it's refusing to tell your client that you can place anything else. You need to complete a placement to clear the state. At its worst, any gravity-based deployable won't go down; turrets tend to always work, probably because they make additional "can I place this here?" checks.