[BUG] Shield Recharging Field overrides ASC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kendis, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Kendis

Please change the function of the Medic's Shield Recharging Field so that the regeneration speed doesn't override the faster regeneration speed of the Advanced Shield Capacitor.

Not sure if this is a bug but I personally think it is.
  2. Botji

I use ASC quite often as well as the Shield Recharging Field and I really dont think it does, did you perhaps play as a HA and have your own shield active? It stops your shield from recharging but afaik would still let you regain shields from the SRF.
  3. Kendis

Here's an example situation:

1. You take enemy damage that completely drains your personal shield (not the HA overshield).
    2. You move to within range of a friendly Medic's SRF.
    3. The SRF beings regenerating your personal shield.
    4. The SRF personal shield regeneration rate is the rate your shield regenerates at until it's completely full, even if the ASC would have gone into effect and regenerated faster.
    The SRF personal shield regeneration rate is slower than the ASC regeneration rate, but while you're standing within the range of the SRF, you don't get the benefit of the ASC regeneration rate after it should have started.
  4. Botji

I tested it just to make sure I was not going crazy, works just fine for me with a faster regen when the ASC kicks in so idk what you are doing to make it act like that.
  5. RabidIBM