Shield domes opportunity for new equipment?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by vincent-, May 25, 2013.

1. vincent-

I like the idea of the shield domes and I know some don't but this is a time for us too think of ways now to counter these new defenses and introduce new weapons with it and for it.

During the FNO show it was stated small arms fire can't go through the shield and they understand this can be good and bad for snipers, that's when I thought snipers should get their own ammunition bullets capable of piercing the shields. The best draw back for these bullets I believe is having a strong noticeable gun trail.

Something to indicate that these bullets were made special and you are not capable of hiding the fact that you're trying to snipe the enemy under a shield.

Now I asked myself why not the regular troops as well. I thought about that and I don't see that fair for pilots at that point if anyone can shoot through that shield with small arms fire.

The other thing I want to add to this is hoping we can see more of this type of defense sunders that deploy shields but are not invincible to high explosive constantly on them but willing to take heavy damage for a long period of time.

That's why I was also going to state that medics C4 should be removed and in it's place a deployable bubble shield that both sides can move through but neither can shoot through not as large but good if you want to hold down as long as possible a point. To make note I play medic as my main and I love c4 but I can't understand why we should have this when our job is to heal and maybe protect.

Lastly what I wanted to make my point now. The devs have said they have worked on artillery and can't seem to find it as fun when you pounding on enemies from afar and to them that isn't fair. Well now it is as they have a shield now this can be good for defensive bases as well as making a siege on their walls with these. As I was reading in one thread that the defenders could just put a sundy down with AA maxes and shoot at the edge of these domes. This is the counter to that and the walls

What I see with artillery are deployable siege units that can fire high explosives at 500k away with armor as strong as lightnings or even weaker that takes 4 people to operate.

This was all just pennies for thoughts I just wanted to get this out there and maybe start good discussions and I hope many of you can counter my ideas or add to them were here to have fun folks let's at least make it interesting. Thanks for reading.