Share your Experience with Diferent Sniper Rifles .

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Sotos, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Sotos

Hello i made this post so people can share their experience with others on diferent sniper rifles and help others make a better choise on which Sniper Rifle to choose .
  2. Mightyhalo

I like to the NC bolt action sniper rifle for the headshots.
  3. Daejin

I'm far superior with the Semi-Auto compared to the Bolt action personally. I can still OHK with any Headshot, and I have the speed to get multiple rounds into the groups of infantry I snipe against.

The bolt action is alright, but the finicky and glitchy movements make lining up shots very difficult. I can hit them easily enough, but rarely get headshots because they're blinkin' all over the place some times. Though, I guess I should be limited to killing stationary targets... Otherwise I'd be able to hold off an advance almost single handedly in a stand-off.
  4. JDCollie=VX9=

The LS80 or whatever it is called is an absolute beast for the NC, btw. Almost no drop at any range, and nearly instant bullet travel.
  5. Qaz

Here's some general info:
    The NC starts with a bolt action (single shot before reload) sniper rifle that kills with a headshot or two body shots.
    Vanu/TR start with semi-automatics that need 3 body shots to kill. The vanu rifle doesnt have bullet drop, but the damage degrades with distance. The TR one has less recoil and fires faster.

Now ... I'd be curious about the other rifles. The distinction among the scout rifles is pretty clear (1 auto, 1 semi).
    The Vanu V10 has higher than average bullet speed. but what about the others? Has anyone tested the ghost or phantom yet?
  6. SGTTEMPEST

I find the V10 to be everything I was looking for in beta out of the stock rifle. I spent a few hours yesterday with it and racked up quite the kill count (~95% NC). It's difficult to gauge range and bullet drop if there is any or at what distance damage starts to fall off. I didn't notice any distance really that I was unable to take someone down with a headshot. I wasn't going for record distance though. Shooting someone while they are running isn't the worst thing in the world and you just need to be steady with your lead and confident when you pull the trigger. I don't see myself using anything except this bolt action for my sniper needs. I would say I did well protecting our VS armor columns from those durn HA.
  7. Wraithscar

I'm loving the NC bolt action rifle, I stuck an 8x scope on that bad boy and laugh as I run behind the enemy lines, sneak into some rocks and alternate between hiding from vehicles and headshotting people while they duck down for cover (or in the case of infiltrators, while they're trying to shoot something)
  8. Ayfid

Is there a Vanu bolt-action, which has high bullet velocity, no damage falloff over range, and bullet drop?
  9. deusex2

I've started playing for Vanu and ended up buying Infiltrator starter pack, for Ghost(and other "goodies"). At first I was overjoyed to get my hands on bold-action, high power sniper rifle, but then I realized Ghost was limited to iron sights and standard assault rifle scopes...WTF?!
  10. SGTTEMPEST

Vanu weapons have the highest projectile velocity afaik and all have dmg drop off (both inherent to VS tech). The V10 and one other are bolt action rifles. If you want bullet drop add a silencer to the rifle, at least that s how it worked in beta. I haven't unlocked the silencer yet but it does infer that.
  11. KillerObe

The Ghost and the Nyx are more like the VS designated marksmen rifles for medium to shorter range engagements the ghost being the bolt action variant and the Nyx being the semi auto variant. I usually stick with the V10 for sniping and the Artimus for close engagements but would like to try the Nyx in the future.
  12. hostilechild

Yep, love my NC alpha squad bolt action. Fast bullet travel, no more leading runners half a football field and shooting 6 feet over there heads. Beta i went about 3-1 pretty bad, was around 10-1 with new bolt action opening day. Ran out of ammo constantly. Some of this was simply the fact that the game ran smoother and people didn't warp all over, so if LA, HA ran at me they died. Still had some minor ghosting of people in large fights at range. My son loves his TR sniper rifle also.
  13. deusex2

But that's the thing-why is it even considered a sniper rifle, when it is, effectively a scout rifle? The way I see it, the viable way of using it is to stealth, melee+bodyshot up close. It's fine by me, I guess, I can still use it, but for frag's sake! Remove those scopeless rifles from Sniper Rifle category! *sigh*I really thought I was buying a badarse sniper rifle :(
  14. soriin

Been using the Vanu V10 from the Alpha Squad package. Absolutely love it. Definitely the kind of gun I was hoping for so I'm glad I got the package. The bolt firing is really unforgiving so the Sceptre was much better for double tapping someone's cranial region but the V10 is still a lot more fun to use and makes me feel more like the sniper character I want to play. I'll just have to get better at one shot kills :) .
  15. Brian

Im really curious as to why the Ghost description says that is it superior fire rate and great for closer encounters....however its a bolt action....also i think they need to make bolt actions auto reload the chamber (not the entire clip) otherwise when zoomed in you have to click to shoot, click again to reload the chamber and click again to shoot...
  16. deusex2

I've tried it many times and it sucked big time. Imagine NC Bolt Driver, but with no scope at all, that's Ghost. You can get up to x4 scope, but it still sucks because you're pretty much forced out of zooming and need to "reload" every shot.

Pretty fail gun, to me at least.
  17. roarknoone

I am using the scout rifles (not sure of the name for TR, it's the highest dmg scout, 10 rounds).

Fits my playstyle very well, I am pleased with how it performs. Came without a scope which was a bummer, and made things difficult, but as soon as I got my 30 certs I picked up the 4x (more on that later) and my cert gain went up by 500% (I was killing people more often).

It's a 3-4 bodyshot / 2 headshot kill from full health. The vertical recoil is easy enough to compensate for to get those shots off pretty fast, though I can forsee myself buying the compensater. The range is a straight shot up to about 150m, can still nail people at 250m lobbing my bullets. (the 4x scope doesn't have mildots, very sadface) (and honestly, 150m zero for a scout rifle? Who did the weapons consulting? anyways ... )

Never liked the sniper rifle type play, but this gun gives me some good options. My strength is medium range (75-150km) which is what I find most other people have difficulty with. Too far from most enemies for them to land accurate shots on me, too close to enemy snipers for them to watch all of my corners. Bound my prox chat to an easier key so I could give specific intel out as well. Only wish I knew the range for proximity chat, sometimes I find myself trying to talk to a teammate 100m away to give him the heads up he's getting flanked but not sure if he's getting the message.
  18. anaverageguy

I personally much prefer bolt action. Don't have one right now, but did till the end of beta. Each shot counts for more and I only need to be exposed to enemy fire for a moment. Sure, I might not get the kill, but in a teamfight, a half dead guy is walking exp, either for me or for someone else.
    Semi-auto certainly isn't bad either though. One thing that people don't do is stay on the move.. which is detrimental to be honest. I've found that semi-autos are perfectly accurate even when strafing so you can duck and weave as you fire off shots if you're capable of compensating for the sway of the gun in addition to your movement (compensating for sway with movement works well). This does mean you won't be holding your breath. lol
  19. Helwyr

All Bolt Actions including the VS ones have bullet drop and no damage degradation over range.
  20. Anethma

Having a great time with the M77-B.
    It's OHK on headshots, THK on body shots and gravity has only a minimal effect on my rounds.
    At 300m I only have to compensate slightly above the second mil dot with the 12x scope.

Great rifle, bought it for 250sc because the TR default sniper just wasn't doing it for me.