[share is to care] Lets talk about keyboard, mouse and sensitivity.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GSZenith, Nov 2, 2013.

1. GSZenith

just a little board trying to find a fight (why did i log tr miller lol)
    anyway

1) what keyboard are you using.

2) what mouse are you using and DPI if you know.

3) what ingame sensitivity are using and do you feel your current sensitivities are optimal?
    mouse sensitivity:
    vehicle mouse sensitivity:
    flight vehicle mouse sensitivity:
    scoped mouse sensitivity:
    aimed mouse sensitivity:
    joystick:
    joystick deadzone

4) mousepad i guess.

1) erm a 5dollar/4euro deltaco keyboard, been using it for 5? years now, solid everything is perfect with it, only the D key is faded.

2) logitech G9x with 1000dpi with the slim shell, i like it since i've small hands and everything is in a good reach range, maybe the wheel is a bit meh.

3) (1000dpi)

mouse sensitivity: 0.30
    vehicle mouse sensitivity: 0.14
    flight vehicle mouse sensitivity: 0.24
    scoped mouse sensitivity: 0.28
    aimed mouse sensitivity: 0.36
    joystick: -
    joystick deadzone: -

still feel like i can increase Mouse S and Aimed mouse S, never really snipe so dunno.
    Vehicle feels fine, usually increase the DPI to 1500 when CQC vs harr or crabs.
    same with bursters and skyguard (1500dpi)
    flight, mainly use for transport or kamikaze mission/ trying to torpedo daddy with a stealth scy.

4) sUrface 1030 had it for ages like upwards 8+ years i think lol never been any issue - the soda when reading forumside.
  2. gigastar

1) Im currently on a laptop so my keyboard isnt worth mentioning. It has no numpad, and its F- keys are hardbound to other functions.

2) Its a Logitech. Thats all im certain of at this point. Any other markings that would have told me what it actually is have been eaten off by my corrosive hands. Along with most of the paint.

3) Dont know my dpi. I never touched it either.

Hipfire, ADS and vehicle turret sensitivity are at 0.4, everything else is at 0.5.

And now, for the best part;

4) A Kindle Fire HD in a leatherback case.
  3. SocratesEverywhere

4. RHINO_Mk.II

1. Generic Dell plug-n-play mechanical keyboard with big ol' buttons.

2. Razer Deathadder @ 1800 dpi

3. I think it's near the default, can't check right now.

4. Mousepad? My desk has been working perfectly fine for several years now, why would I need a mousepad?
  5. McToast

Moin

1.) Keyboard: Qpad Mk-50

2.) Mouse: Corsair M60@400-800 DPI

3.) Mousepad: Sharkoon XL Mousepad (didn't find it on amazon.com, link is from amazon.de)

4.) I'm on vacation currently and writing from my laptop, but I think I have a sensivity of 0.12 for infantry gameplay and 0.4 or 0.5 for flying. I don't know the exact settings, for infantry I'm always setting sensivity in such a way that I do a 360° turn when pulling the mouse from the left edge of the mousepad to the right edge of the mousepad. This way I'm able to make a 180° turn without having to lift my mouse. I'm considering myself a mid to low senser.

Grüße,
    regards,
    the Toast
    • Up x 1
  6. Pella

The absolute worst thing you can do in any FPS is fiddle with your DPI/Sens. Get a setting that feels right for you. Then play with it for a few days then tweak it. But not before.

1: Zowie Celeritas mechanical keyboard
    2: Steel Series Sensai @ 1800 DPI
    3: 0.18 Sensitivity
    4: Some Ozone cloth pad XL.
  7. FIN Faravid

1. Microsoft Comfort Curve 3000
    2. Roccat Savu 4 000 DPI
    3. mouse sensitivity: 0.22
    vehicle mouse sensitivity: 0.11
    flight vehicle mouse sensitivity: 0.32
    scoped mouse sensitivity: 0.19
    aimed mouse sensitivity: 0.19
    4. Some ****** one, it is little glovy so sometimes my aim gets ****** up. Don`t understand why i have not gotten a new one.
  8. Tommyp2006

1. Ducky Shine 3 with Cherry MX Blue keys. Not the best for gaming, but I love how they feel to type on, and they have a nice, smooth keystroke, with a good bump in the middle that lets you feel the activation point. MX brown keys would be better for gaming, reds imo are too smooth and you can't feel the activation point of the key. I prefer mechanicals because of their smoother keypress, and not just the on/off feel of normal keys.

2. Logitech G700, using six DPI settings that I regularly switch through depending on what weapon I am using

1. 1000
    2. 1400
    3. 1800
    4. 2400
    5. 3000

mouse sensitivity: 0.23
    vehicle mouse sensitivity: 0.23
    flight vehicle mouse sensitivity: 0.22
    scoped mouse sensitivity: 0.28
    aimed mouse sensitivity: 0.27

Basically, I use a low sensetivity, high DPI setup, that I adjust depending on needed long range accuracy.
  9. SocratesEverywhere

I have my sensitivity for most things set at .38. That seems high compared to some. Do you find playing with such low sensitivity beneficial?
  10. Hatesphere

1, Some cheapo mechanical from l3vetron, has a cheese cross hair for an O. nice solid key presses.

2. R.A.T. 3 I got on sale for 30$, nice fit to my small hand and I like the placement of the thumb buttons, also has on the fly DPI changing that can be customized in the software. can set each step to a customer DPI, for example I have the first step at 1000 and the second at 800 third at 1500DPI

I am thinking of upgrading to the R.A.T. 7

3. All defaults except I have my aimed mouse at .53 and scoped at .60 i always prefer high sensitivity and mid DPI

4. Another good sale find, a Razer Sphex pad that i got for 10$, i like it since it give a textured surface (important for mouse control) but it isn't thick. Its basically an adhesive sheet that you stick to your desk, just a little thicker then a few pieces of paper stacked.
  11. pnkdth

1. Razer Deathstalker
    2. Logitech mx518, 1800dpi
    3. 0.18
    4. Razer Mantis
  12. DeadLamb

Keyboard: CM Quickfire TK
    I know people balk at the cost of mechanical keyboard boards or worry about the key noise but they really are amazing.. Everything is so smooth and just perfect once you find a key switch that you like. I don't think I can ever go back to rubber dome keyboards now..

Mouse: logitech g400
    Enough buttons to be helpful, not too many as to be annoying..

as for the rest.. don't fall into the trap of looking at someones in game sensitivity as something one should try to mimic.. The key element in mouse setting is to have one that lets you pull off a perfect 180 with no effort or thought. Some move their hands more, some less so you can't just judge by their sensitivity. So focus on the amount of movement one wants to do and dial it in from there.. Once you hit that sweet spot of "I move my hand in this size circle to do a 180" then you can carry it over into every new game you play..

I would also suggest if one uses WASD to move around that they switch to ESDF being it gains you couple of more key options to the left with QAZ with out giving up the whole tab shift area..
  13. SokolovNC

1. Razor Arctosa

2. SteelSeries Sensei @ 800/1600 dpi

3. between 0.35 - 0.40

4. Razer Goliath
  14. Morpholine

1. A Logitech G105. It has maybe 18 macro functions possible, but the only thing I've set up is a simple movement one to keep from being logged out when I have an extended AFK. I use default keybinds, with the exception of exit aircraft (which I've re-mapped to ~).
    2. A Logitech G700. Don't know DPI offhand, but it's capable of being changed on the fly.
    3. In game sensitivities I have at default. When flying, I crank my mouse's on-the-fly sensitivity to the maximum. Infantry play I'm usually one tick below max (still pretty high - a 360 is maybe an inch of hand movement for me), since I find max just a touch difficult to control. When using an AV turret at extreme range, I drop it way down.
    4. Some generic WalMart pad I picked up for cheap.
  15. ironeddie

Microsoft comfort curve keyboard,
    Microsoft mouse
    No idea on dpi
    Dunno actual sensitivity numbers but on the high sensitivity side of all the slider bars.
    Mouse pad is this Razer Goliathus Omega Control Mouse Mat Fragged
    http://amazon.co.uk/dp/B002RL9A2Y
  16. Konfuzfanten

I use only the best gaming gear:

Logitech Access Keyboard, from 2002. Only missing a few keys, like "Enter".

Logitech mechanical mouse with ball, from 1998.

Whatever the ingame standard is.

Logitech mouse's pad, from 1998. It came with my mouse. Its nice and soft!

Yea, you dont need any fancy gear to play PS2.
  17. McToast

Moin
    Depends on the player. I know some really good high-sensers. Though 95% of the players I met increased their performance by a lot after reducing their mouse sensitivity. I always suggest to use all space you have available on your desk/mousepad. Lower sense makes for better precision, you have to get used to using your whole arm and not only the wrist though. It may feel awkward at first to move your mouse 20-30cm around for turning, but nearly everybody I got into serious FPS gaming over the past 15 years had more success with a low sensitivity.

Grüße,
    regards,
    the Toast
  18. foesjoe

Keyboard: Microsoft ergonomic something.

Mouse: Logitech Trackball

Sensitivity:
    MouseSensitivity=0.150000
    ScopedMouseSensitivity=0.300000
    ADSMouseSensitivity=0.300000
    VehicleMouseSensitivity=0.150000

Don't use a Mouse Pad
  19. IamDH

1- Keyboard: Im on a laptop

2- Mouse: It says Genius on it so that must be good

3- 0.38 sensitivity. Dont think i changed the vehicle ones

4- Mousepad: Piece of paper, like a boss
  20. f0d

1 an old ideazon zboard - i prefer its layout than normal keyboards

2 an old G5 - i have tried newer mice but keep going back to the old G5 max sensitivity (2000dpi i have it set on)

3 sensitivity not sure of numbers but i always have my sensitivity set so i can do around 360 rotation by just flicking my wrist so its fairly high sensitivity - vehicle sensitivity is high for magrider but low for pretty much every other vehicle (so i always have to change when getting into a mag)

4 razer exactmat control

edit: out of the options.ini
    MouseSensitivity=0.200000
    JoystickDeadzone=0.050000
    JoystickSensitivity=1.000000
    ScopedMouseSensitivity=0.000000
    FlightMouseSensitivity=0.490000
    VehicleMouseSensitivity=0.100000
    ADSMouseSensitivity=0.250000