Severe Population Decline! Anyone Notice?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tortricat, Jun 17, 2015.

1. insaneman12

In september it will take off again check this out Dualice posted this up and it gives me hope.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/3582el/the_way_forward/
    Looks like we will be getting another game mode. I hope it is good, but adding something like this will bring back a lot of people. Then it will be back to full scale wars finally.
  2. baka

PS2 could use an XBoxOne port. With the upcoming Windows 10 XBox app, some games will be able to play together on both PC and XBone (assuming what MS was pushing works out!). Population loss to console/pc players would not matter.
    Eh.... might as well hope for a Linux port of EverQuest Next while I am dreaming.
  3. HadesR

No it's not ..

No we will not ..
  4. AxiomInsanity87

The render distance is 1100-1300 (can't remember) and the fog masks that. Naturally it's less on hossin with more fog but unless someone is in an aircraft, you can't see that far anyway even if you wanted.
  5. AxiomInsanity87

It runs at an acceptable standard for how high the graphics are on ps4.

I don't think it will run so good on the xbone an msoft is very aggressive with monetising things. The xbone all in all has 50% less power than the ps4 if you look at the actual capabilities.
    • Up x 1
  6. DoomFruit

Why don't I play any more? The combination of lattice and alerts means that your choices are either an unplayable 4 platoon zergfest or a boring 1-12 ghost town. Neither option is fun, so I just don't bother.

For me, the ideal population density in a fight is ~24 per side (~48 for larger bases). I don't see that any more.
  7. dngray

Things should pick up around the PS4 launch. Emerald still has some good battles late at night.
    • Up x 1
  8. 0fly0

We probably don't play on the same hour that's all and i agree NC always add biggest pop on cobalt except for this month, even if since the new patch my comment is completly invalid because right now population pop change really fast depending on the result of the different alert.
  9. lothbrook

The PS4 launch will have zero impact on the PC version, considering they don't share servers and can't cross play, lol. The PS4 version will also be DOA and the game dead 6 months to a year later on both platforms.
  10. FocusLight

Well at least the only way you will be surprised is the positive way.

I hope you are surprised and proven 100% wrong.
  11. dngray

That is the most grim and pessimistic outlook one could have. I hope you are wrong.
  12. Tortricat

Now the population is in severe decline. I have went over the rebel scum charts, they are probably very accurate since there are some people not playing this on steam and if you compare the number with steam, there are always more on the rebel scum population tracker.

What really annoys me now is how Connery is lagging behind in terms of player numbers, there are only 500-850 online during prime times with connery now and that is only for 4 hours. My main, a Vanu is Connery.

The 2 European servers both have 1000-1300 online for 5-8 hours a day during their prime times, same with Emerald.
  13. prodavit

If the PS4 players play with the PC user they are just going to get farm. Mouse and keybored are so much faster.
  14. prodavit

they might have to merge servers again. Maybe bring connery into emral or something.
  15. DefendYourBase

Most gamers were all "hyped" up about the game because promised features.

After 3 years and countless broken promises. People give up. The only game of its kind going to die because killing NPC zombies is more important.

Stupid h1z1. I hate you!
    • Up x 1
  16. Kumaro

Battlefront, Fallout 4, Black ops 3, Rise of the tomb raider.
    Yeah PS2 is going to have a hard time this fall/winter O_O
  17. DeadlyPeanutt

I still play CS and TF2 and they are very different than PS2... they're balanced. team and class balance. I can pop into a pyro in TF2 and fry a few heavy assault guys because their movement speed is about half of mine. I can't do that in PS2 as an engie or medic against a HA.

PS2 has severe pop and class balance issue that dev have not changed.

PS2 is in a 'benign neglect' phase right now... barest of bug fixes and a few promises and a 'get revenge' (aka give us money please!) button.
  18. DeadlyPeanutt

lol, killing zombies is probably more profitable for DBG too.... but read the reviews... they've screwed that game up pretty badly
  19. DefendYourBase

Sounds like now they have TWO rate B games...

Should of focused soley on PS2 instead of stealing DayZ's idea of a zombie game.

H1z1 is a direct COPY of DayZ. They STOLE the idea practically... Karma bit them in the ****!
  20. Beerbeerbeer

It's not that bad considering the Fallout 4 and CoD:Blops release.

Is the drop noticeable? Yes. There's still big blobs of at least three 96+ fight areas on the most contested continent, but what kind of diminished a bit is the slightly smaller flanking moves and medium size fights on other continents. These use to comprise of fairly healthy attacks and there use to be multiples of them. They shrunk considerably. So there are some casualties.

I imagine once the luster wears off the new games, including battlefront, PS2 players, who are devoting their free time to those games, will probably be back.